NFL DRAFT LEAGUE--Rosters and commentary Topic

Posted by tomhanrahan on 2/12/2014 8:42:00 AM (view original):
okay, so I took a TE early in rd2, and almost 50 picks later, no other tight ends have been chosen. Who wants to tell me I jumped the gun?

I dont think so, of the skilled positions TE is by far the toughest to get value.

2/13/2014 11:35 PM
tyvegas I was waiting for some crazy all out passing attack from you? I figured you would be like a fat kid in a candy store with $75 mil to burn on OFF!!!!!

2/13/2014 11:41 PM
I was really relieved that I got Frank Gore.  I've been entering my picks in the exhibition team that's available on the NFL page, and Gore (the 2006 version to be exact) was the guy I speifically targeted (after drafting Dan Fouts as my qb) as my #1 rb.  If I didnt get him, I would've have had to reconfigure my entire team.

I am using the exiihibition team to see how much need to spend on each roster spot.  Now that I have Gore, I have a lot of options available to me for my te, #2 and #3 wrs and #2 te.

2/14/2014 3:10 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 2/11/2014 2:10:00 AM (view original):
I guess my question to those who chose defenses and/or O lines primarily in the 2nd half of the 1st round and are advocating them would be....

Would you still draft a defense or O line if you had a top ten pick?
I would still take either Megatron or Crazy Legs.  IMO, there are too many great qb and rb seasons that I could wait for and still put together a great offense. 

If Legs and Tron both gone, I would take the Rams O Line or the Browns O Line.  If those lines were gone, I'd take a $5+ mill line (I don't know them all off hand).
2/14/2014 3:22 AM
In a 75M cap league, where most offenses would be great ones, I would take a top-5 DEF with pick #1. Probably not da Bears tho.
If the cap were higher, like 80M or more, the Bears huge D is so valuable I would draft it even if it cost a couple million more than it does.
2/14/2014 8:27 AM
Posted by roadhouse19 on 2/14/2014 3:22:00 AM (view original):
I guess my question to those who chose defenses and/or O lines primarily in the 2nd half of the 1st round and are advocating them would be....

I would still take either Megatron or Crazy Legs.  IMO, there are too many great qb and rb seasons that I could wait for and still put together a great offense. 

If Legs and Tron both gone, I would take the Rams O Line or the Browns O Line.  If those lines were gone, I'd take a $5+ mill line (I don't know them all off hand).
Yeah, but WR seem to be a dime a dozen. Megatron is 97 rec stam/67 rec. Can't you just get two guys who are 49/67 and get the same thing? Maybe I'm missing something.

Harvin is probably not that great a pick; solid rec stamina but not many yards per catch. He should produce a few hundred rushing yards, too, except that it seems it's hard to get WR to actually run the ball frequently. Clearly his salary isn't as high as it should be if taking his rushing into account. So I'm hoping the Sim will at least throw him a carry a game or so.

2/14/2014 8:35 AM
I guess recieving touchdowns or even rushing td's are not taken into account in this sim? Only ratings?
2/14/2014 9:21 AM
I thought it would have an effect on redzone percentage at least but maybe it is more simple than that.
2/14/2014 9:37 AM (edited)
As I see the draft progress, I am wondering how many folks are actually building a team in their draft center to see how much $$$ remain for after the draft.

I am seeing some folks potentially spend way too much on offense in general or a specific skill position that there won't be much left for a strong enough defense. 
2/14/2014 9:46 AM
oh oh  crap
sal-a-ry cap
I could make this
into a rap

2/14/2014 9:50 AM
Posted by gencoimports on 2/14/2014 9:46:00 AM (view original):
As I see the draft progress, I am wondering how many folks are actually building a team in their draft center to see how much $$$ remain for after the draft.

I am seeing some folks potentially spend way too much on offense in general or a specific skill position that there won't be much left for a strong enough defense. 
I've had mine built for a while.  My WR and TE won't be anything special, and I'll probably have a crappy punter, but based on what I've seen posted I think I'll have enough pass/rush/rec stamina to survive. Seems like 1 rec stamina per catch is a pretty decent guide?
2/14/2014 9:55 AM
i have my salary cap with minimum wage players set. As long as i can get the rest of my choices.
2/14/2014 10:15 AM
Defenses with good drive numbers and a good OL are key.
I make sure I have two good wide outs and one good TE. This helps your QB make completions.
2/14/2014 10:23 AM (edited)

If I had a top pick still would taken DEF
2/14/2014 10:42 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 2/14/2014 8:35:00 AM (view original):

Yeah, but WR seem to be a dime a dozen. Megatron is 97 rec stam/67 rec. Can't you just get two guys who are 49/67 and get the same thing? Maybe I'm missing something.

Harvin is probably not that great a pick; solid rec stamina but not many yards per catch. He should produce a few hundred rushing yards, too, except that it seems it's hard to get WR to actually run the ball frequently. Clearly his salary isn't as high as it should be if taking his rushing into account. So I'm hoping the Sim will at least throw him a carry a game or so.

I never get my $$$ out of run stamina for WR or QBs. The engine just doesnt use it right PLUS if you have alot of passing and run stamina out of your QB/RB he will not be called on enough..............but he sure rocked it in the SuperBowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/14/2014 10:46 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE--Rosters and commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.