What a bad move from another player Topic

Posted by slid64er on 2/11/2014 1:52:00 PM (view original):
I don't see anything wrong with what happened, it's not like he's dropping down a level, you guys are on the same playing field.

Of course you don't think anything was wrong because it didn't happen to you. I can se he didn't do that to your team.
2/11/2014 1:54 PM
Posted by potter444 on 2/11/2014 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/11/2014 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by loudawg10 on 2/11/2014 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/11/2014 12:41:00 PM (view original):
We will see. I turned in a ticket about doing this. Its cheating. How do you beat a team with all the money and talent with not being able to build because of that team stealing your guys? You can't and thats why he keeps winning. Take his money and he will be on the same table as the rest. See how he does then.
wait...does this thread really say "a guy beat me for a bunch of recruits by (presumably) by using cash that he saved over numerous seasons and got from being in the playoffs"? 

how is it stealing your guys?  were they on your team and he hacked the program and took them off?  oh wait...it was still recruiting?  yeah, a guy isnt yours until he signs.  until then he is fair game.  if you have a bunch of really good players lined up, you better have the bank roll to protect them.  you were in your first season with only 8 open scholarship, which gave you $48k to start recruiting.  He has 13 open spots, which means, before carryover and playoff money, he had $30k more than you.  By the time you add in carryover and playoff money i would bet that was close to $50k more than you, or roughly double what you started with.  then add in that he has the highest possible prestige with his string of NCs.  that is within the framework of the game, nothing cheating about it.

the lesson here is dont get into a bunch of battles from a position of massive disadvantage.
He was not going after any of my green guys until today when they turned red. I looked, it was just the guys that I turned green. None of the other recruits turned to him. So unless you know what you are talking about please see the door. Your lesson learned is think before you speak.
"Your lesson learned is think before you speak."
Wow you can copy and paste. People must be so proud of you!
2/11/2014 1:55 PM
You guys remember when Nick Saban went on a message board to complain about Jimbo Fisher visiting recruits who'd already verbally committed to Alabama? Or how about that time Will Muschamp said Mark Richt was "cheating" because Georgia contacted some guys from Gainesville that Muschamp had already invested $1,000 worth of phone calls, letters, and AC scouts in?
2/11/2014 1:57 PM
My bad I did not realize he was at a lower level.Competing with D1a teams from 1aa is risky to say the least. NO VIOLATION.Just flexing a lil muscle.However most real good D1a coaches know you have a hard time winning with 1aa talent.Same advice applies on patience with the guyd he turned.He may sign them, he may not. Me.....I would not bother fighting him.Save the cash and better your team.

btw move2strike is a damn good d1a coach.
2/11/2014 2:12 PM
Are you both at the same level?  Looks like you are D2.
2/11/2014 2:54 PM
We are both D2. He just has been running the table for about forever.
2/11/2014 2:57 PM
Then, without any further information.....he's not doing anything wrong.  Sounds like you will need to figure out how to deal with it.  You don't have to like it, but you will need to learn how to fight it.

Recruits belong to no coach, until they are signed.  Its that simple.
2/11/2014 3:44 PM
I've never had a problem with Mr. Strike, but i do see your point JSduke, I "Believe" it does state within the rules that putting money into recruits you have no intention of signing is prohibited. It's happened to me to. if you want to get him back, go find some crap recruits that only need a smile to flip green and put no other money into. you could get into a battle forcing him to throw multiple CV's on guys you never wanted in causing you to gain the money advantage in the recruits you both really want. then your both breaking the rule of putting money into recruits you don't want.
2/11/2014 3:51 PM
Sounds like a diversion tactic, and that's all. You yourself questioned why the best school would go after those players (I could copy and paste, but I don't want to show off my skills like that :p ). If they aren't players that he'll sign, just hold out and they'll automatically go back green to you once he's filled his schollies.

If you're correct that they aren't good enough for him to sign, then he wouldn't be a very good coach to sign them just to prove a point. I'm suspecting he won't.

Of course you can have your own view on it, but FWIW I don't think it's cheating. He's making you choose between covering your flank or calling off your assault. The lesson I'd take is if you can't cover your flank, call off the attack. Have a great season, get some playoff cash for next recruiting period and be in a better position to battle.
2/11/2014 3:55 PM
I don't have the money to beat him at his own game. I just took over this team and they only had 8 schollies open. So he has me pinned down. But its fine if people don't think it is wrong. They will when it happens to them.
2/11/2014 3:56 PM
Posted by arcadecowboy on 2/11/2014 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Sounds like a diversion tactic, and that's all. You yourself questioned why the best school would go after those players (I could copy and paste, but I don't want to show off my skills like that :p ). If they aren't players that he'll sign, just hold out and they'll automatically go back green to you once he's filled his schollies.

If you're correct that they aren't good enough for him to sign, then he wouldn't be a very good coach to sign them just to prove a point. I'm suspecting he won't.

Of course you can have your own view on it, but FWIW I don't think it's cheating. He's making you choose between covering your flank or calling off your assault. The lesson I'd take is if you can't cover your flank, call off the attack. Have a great season, get some playoff cash for next recruiting period and be in a better position to battle.
I see your point. But if he has so much more money than I do why try to attack me like that? He should be able to get the guy no matter what I do. How can the game be competitive for the new guys if the guys that have stayed at one school forever and winning want to take the low road?
2/11/2014 3:59 PM
If you don't like this type of recruiting in DII - DON'T move up to 1AA or 1A. At those levels this happens more often and at 1A there are not enough 1A recruits to fill squads and poaching to D1AA is more common than you can imagine.
2/11/2014 4:03 PM
I can understand not having enough guys to fill spots and going after them. But to just go after the recruits turned green from one school is not like that. Thats cheating. Thats how cowards play.
2/11/2014 4:17 PM
To all of you that think its right to go after one schools recruits:

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:
•Discussing the pursuit of a recruit with another coach, including who is pursuing him and money that might have been spent.
•Sharing Future Stars Scouting (FSS) information between multiple teams
•Scheduling a non-conference game against an alias team (i.e. team owned by same owner in a different conference and more than 1,000 miles away). Exhibition games are permitted in this situation, however.
•Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)

READ THIS LINE BELOW!!!!!

*•Specifically targeting another coach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, focusing on recruits a particular coach is pursuing in order to steal them or force the coach to overspend.*

•Attempting to persuade another user to participate in a collusive effort (only the initiator would be at fault unless agreed upon by other user)
2/11/2014 4:28 PM
You have to prove a case.....and since we cannot see exactly what the situation is....its a difficult case to prove.
2/11/2014 5:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
What a bad move from another player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.