What a bad move from another player Topic

Posted by gcfs on 2/12/2014 4:47:00 PM (view original):
The Fairplay guidelines say.........any move made solely to impede another owner is not allowed.I am quite sure turning an entire class red and not signing those guys is against the rules.The thought process is by doing so the guy your going after will get caught up spending money on useless battles and you will land your actual target. The way to fight it is to not spend money and focus on the big fish. Send a ticket into customer service re Fairplay guidelines.Anyone that tells you otherwise is misinformed.
Thank you and I have. I'm getting the run around by customer support now. They won't back their own rules so far.
2/12/2014 4:51 PM
js - as I said before, I used to use this as a tactic, but was told it was a violation of fair play, so I stopped.
Now, let me say that my recruiting policy has been to never, ever say anything about recruiting.
The one time I broke that rule resulted in me getting my hand slapped by WIS.
So, my advice to you would be to just stop and never, ever again complain.
If you have an issue, send a ticket in, but dont respond to private messages or posts about recruiting.
2/12/2014 5:16 PM
Posted by aegsm76 on 2/12/2014 5:18:00 PM (view original):
js - as I said before, I used to use this as a tactic, but was told it was a violation of fair play, so I stopped.
Now, let me say that my recruiting policy has been to never, ever say anything about recruiting.
The one time I broke that rule resulted in me getting my hand slapped by WIS.
So, my advice to you would be to just stop and never, ever again complain.
If you have an issue, send a ticket in, but dont respond to private messages or posts about recruiting.
I was just ****** that nothing has been done about it. Never thought I would get attacked by most like I have. Most of my posts have been to respond to being attacked on here. Then it has just turned funny so I have kept it going. Almost to 7 pages now. Lol.
2/12/2014 5:28 PM
Well, lets add to it.  When you post in open forum, you are inviting everyone into your business.  So, you have to expect some who might agree and some who might not.  Some will be constructive and some will not.  Either way, its your risk/choice.

I think that most coaches who have been around for a while think that this post is just whining.  Now, the situation may or may not be "against the rules".  But, the way it is presented in the forum sounds like whining.  So, if you present your issue in a different way, you may get more responses that are "constructive". 

Lastly, the main lesson is that you will run into all kinds of situations when recruiting, and some of them you might not like.  So you have to learn how to successfully get through those situations.....and sometimes "success" means just walking away.
2/12/2014 7:42 PM
+1
2/12/2014 7:47 PM

Ive read the post and by no means did I consider it whining,he made a legit point and from my point of view most of the negative posters are the ones acting like a child.Now all is fair in recruiting but to dump money into 6 recruits you have no intention signing is a scumbag move and no wonder the guy was ****** off give him a break.Does every post on these forums that people don't agree with have to turn into a childish personal attack?
2/12/2014 8:47 PM
If he has no intention of signing and the coach wants them and is second on the recruits list..he will sign them. IE no big deal. 
2/12/2014 9:50 PM
Posted by jaxbaker on 2/12/2014 8:47:00 PM (view original):

Ive read the post and by no means did I consider it whining,he made a legit point and from my point of view most of the negative posters are the ones acting like a child.Now all is fair in recruiting but to dump money into 6 recruits you have no intention signing is a scumbag move and no wonder the guy was ****** off give him a break.Does every post on these forums that people don't agree with have to turn into a childish personal attack?
Thank you. Thats the point I was trying to get across. Not one or two but six was my whole class. I only had 8 schollies open. But it looks like WIS can't find evidence so they are not going to do anything about it. That is crap. The evidence is right in front of them.
2/13/2014 7:08 AM (edited)
Posted by noah23 on 2/12/2014 9:50:00 PM (view original):
If he has no intention of signing and the coach wants them and is second on the recruits list..he will sign them. IE no big deal. 
The big deal is that I dont have the chance to possibly upgrade one or two spots because I had to go after one recruit with about 1/4 of my budget. He pulled that so I dumped money into the one that both of us was after and signed him. So far I have 1 out of 8 schollies filled. The recruits I had green he turned red and they are red just to him. If he doesn't sign them will they come back?
2/13/2014 7:10 AM (edited)
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/13/2014 7:10:00 AM (view original):
The big deal is that I dont have the chance to possibly upgrade one or two spots because I had to go after one recruit with about 1/4 of my budget. He pulled that so I dumped money into the one that both of us was after and signed him. So far I have 1 out of 8 schollies filled. The recruits I had green he turned red and they are red just to him. If he doesn't sign them will they come back?
If another school doesn't budge ahead of you in the meantime, then yes they will come back to you. My fear is if he holds back a schollie and purposely takes one AC signing he then could destroy your class, if he is doing this to be an ***. Which is why this is a poor place to bring your recruiting problems with opponents.

I was in this same situation where someone targeted most of my class. He did much of this out of spite for me. He admitted it to me. I sent in a ticket and the result was the same as they gave you. They would do nothing about it. Told me that he was just recruiting and I was just SOL. So as I suggested to you in my first post, learn from this and use it to your advantage someday. I know I learned and used the same tactics myself.

Lastly, GL

2/13/2014 8:18 AM
Posted by jibe on 2/13/2014 8:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jsduke1488 on 2/13/2014 7:10:00 AM (view original):
If another school doesn't budge ahead of you in the meantime, then yes they will come back to you. My fear is if he holds back a schollie and purposely takes one AC signing he then could destroy your class, if he is doing this to be an ***. Which is why this is a poor place to bring your recruiting problems with opponents.

I was in this same situation where someone targeted most of my class. He did much of this out of spite for me. He admitted it to me. I sent in a ticket and the result was the same as they gave you. They would do nothing about it. Told me that he was just recruiting and I was just SOL. So as I suggested to you in my first post, learn from this and use it to your advantage someday. I know I learned and used the same tactics myself.

Lastly, GL

Then if this is the case, WIS should have no rules if they are not going to back them. It can't be fair play if nobody enforces the rules.
2/13/2014 8:28 AM
The fair play rule is really in place to keep coaches at upper levels from dropping down and ruining another coaches class.  Example D1A going after a bunch of D2 recruits.  It really has to be "obvious".  Within the same level, its just not that obvious...despite what it looks like to you.

When it is within the same division, one coach may have an "advantage" over another based on:  vision, number of open schollies (money), distance, reputation, loyalty, and,lastly, skill in recruiting (what tools to use...AC Scouts vs HC visits, etc).

And yes, those players will revert to you....just like jibe describes.
2/13/2014 10:05 AM
So let me get this straight a coach turns 6 green recruits to red NOT YELLOW and doesn't sign one of them and its not obvious he was doing it to ruin js class and be a dick lol,Anyone who doesn't see this as bullshit get your head out of the sand and don't make such ridiculous comments that he might not be doing it on purpose.Who gives a rats *** if he is a good coach and how many championships he has won It was a dick move and we all know it so stop trying to justify it your making yourself look stupid.Great coaches don't need to play like that
2/13/2014 10:44 AM
Posted by jaxbaker on 2/13/2014 10:44:00 AM (view original):
So let me get this straight a coach turns 6 green recruits to red NOT YELLOW and doesn't sign one of them and its not obvious he was doing it to ruin js class and be a dick lol,Anyone who doesn't see this as bullshit get your head out of the sand and don't make such ridiculous comments that he might not be doing it on purpose.Who gives a rats *** if he is a good coach and how many championships he has won It was a dick move and we all know it so stop trying to justify it your making yourself look stupid.Great coaches don't need to play like that
I think you and I may be the only ones to see the truth of this. Hopefully I can salvage this class and get my loyalty back up so it won't be as easy to do again.
2/13/2014 10:49 AM
Next year save all your money, and right before signing, go after his 6 best recruits that he has green. Then take a job 1000 miles away the next season.
2/13/2014 10:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
What a bad move from another player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.