Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
You don't think pretty much everyone knew A-Rod was an ******* before he joined the Yankees?   Or that anyone was suspicious of him juicing?

I moved in grade school. Made new friends as kids do.  Stayed friends with one thru HS.  I went off to college, he got involved in several criminal activities.   I didn't know so we still hung out.  Once I found out, we stopped hanging out.   He wasn't any different around me but I didn't need that in my life. 

Sometimes you just cull people out of your life because you're not fond of what they're doing with their life.

You did what's best for you.  Nothing wrong with that.  Jeter did the same thing.
2/14/2014 10:37 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Class, personified:

m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878548/v20006631/balnyy-jeter-arod-collide-and-miss-popup
Dumbass.

That was the SS's ball all the way.  Much like the CFer calls off the corner OF's on a ball he can get to, the SS takes priority on the infield.  You can see Jeter clearly calling for it.  ARod's mouth is closed, he doesn't seem to be saying a thing. 

So what would you do if you were Jeter?  Give ARod a bro-hug and tell him "nice try"?
2/14/2014 10:47 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
You don't think pretty much everyone knew A-Rod was an ******* before he joined the Yankees?   Or that anyone was suspicious of him juicing?

I moved in grade school. Made new friends as kids do.  Stayed friends with one thru HS.  I went off to college, he got involved in several criminal activities.   I didn't know so we still hung out.  Once I found out, we stopped hanging out.   He wasn't any different around me but I didn't need that in my life. 

Sometimes you just cull people out of your life because you're not fond of what they're doing with their life.

You did what's best for you.  Nothing wrong with that.  Jeter did the same thing.
So what awful statement did Jeter make that was a show of non-support for A-Rod?
2/14/2014 10:52 AM
You can see their mouths? I can't.

I'd pick up the ball next to me, and not stare at him like he's a jackass, then jog away as the left-fielder sprints after the ball.

Would you describe his actions on that play as "classy?"
2/14/2014 10:52 AM
Let's put it this way.  If A-Rod was playing SS and Jeter 3rd on that play, and they did the same things, we'd be attacking A-Rod.  Which is my point.
2/14/2014 10:54 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 10:53:00 AM (view original):
You can see their mouths? I can't.

I'd pick up the ball next to me, and not stare at him like he's a jackass, then jog away as the left-fielder sprints after the ball.

Would you describe his actions on that play as "classy?"
Frustrated would be the word I'd use.

So that one play erases everything else he did in his career that people describe as "classy"?
2/14/2014 10:54 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Let's put it this way.  If A-Rod was playing SS and Jeter 3rd on that play, and they did the same things, we'd be attacking A-Rod.  Which is my point.
SS makes the calls in the IF.   Always been that way.
2/14/2014 10:55 AM
Posted by thejuice6 on 2/13/2014 9:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bronxcheer on 2/13/2014 5:10:00 AM (view original):

For a minute there, when I saw this picture I thought CRESTY was back!

+1
2/14/2014 10:58 AM

You can see their mouths on the close-up at the end of the play.  Jeter was calling it all the way.  ARod's mouth was clamped shut.

I would describe Jeter's actions as "understandable".  You're tracking a ball hit in your zone, calling for it the entire time, and Marcel Marceau decides to play statues and causes as easy infield pop-out turn into a runner on base.  Anybody would have been ******.

2/14/2014 10:59 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/14/2014 8:46:00 AM (view original):
The funny/sad thing was that if Derek Jeter had spent his career on the haters' teams instead of the Yankees, they'd all be licking his balls
I agree and disagree a bit.  Had he played this great for say....the Reds.  I don't think Jeter is the JETER that people think of today.  They'd think he was a very good ballplayer and a legit HOF'er, but not all the hoopla he's getting now.

I respect Jeter.  Hustled his *** off.  HOF'er.  Slayer of mad *****.  Big ups to him.  

Now, since I gave him some props, I have to give him some bumps....his defense was WAY overrated.  No way he deserved all those GG's.  Joke.

I'm done!  
2/14/2014 11:03 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/14/2014 10:59:00 AM (view original):

You can see their mouths on the close-up at the end of the play.  Jeter was calling it all the way.  ARod's mouth was clamped shut.

I would describe Jeter's actions as "understandable".  You're tracking a ball hit in your zone, calling for it the entire time, and Marcel Marceau decides to play statues and causes as easy infield pop-out turn into a runner on base.  Anybody would have been ******.

So you saw the end of the play and assumed ARod never call for it.  The play itself, yes, probably A-Rod's fault, even though he backed up a couple feet and was under the ball, and Jeter was still ranging to his right as he was trying to catch it.  

Again, the point is Jeter can do no wrong.  He muffed on a pop-up w/ARod, glared at him, and couldnt be bothered to pick up the ball, leaving ARod looking for it and the left fielder picking it up.  If it was ARod doing that to Jeter, he'd be the worst human being in Yankeeland.
2/14/2014 3:12 PM
BTW, Mark Teixiera hustles his *** off on every play too.  Why have I never heard anyone say that about him, but I keep hearing it about Jeter?

Congrats on doing your job, Derek.

:)
2/14/2014 3:14 PM
Are you going to provide the quote where Jeter was showing non-support for A-Rod?   Or are we going to use one play as the "See what I'm talking about?!"

As I said, every IF defers to the SS.   You learn that in Little League.   Except for A-Rod.
2/14/2014 3:19 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/14/2014 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 2/14/2014 8:46:00 AM (view original):
The funny/sad thing was that if Derek Jeter had spent his career on the haters' teams instead of the Yankees, they'd all be licking his balls
I agree and disagree a bit.  Had he played this great for say....the Reds.  I don't think Jeter is the JETER that people think of today.  They'd think he was a very good ballplayer and a legit HOF'er, but not all the hoopla he's getting now.

I respect Jeter.  Hustled his *** off.  HOF'er.  Slayer of mad *****.  Big ups to him.  

Now, since I gave him some props, I have to give him some bumps....his defense was WAY overrated.  No way he deserved all those GG's.  Joke.

I'm done!  
If Jeter played for the Astros he'd be Craig Biggio.
2/14/2014 3:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2014 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Are you going to provide the quote where Jeter was showing non-support for A-Rod?   Or are we going to use one play as the "See what I'm talking about?!"

As I said, every IF defers to the SS.   You learn that in Little League.   Except for A-Rod.
Every time he got a question about ARod, there was never a "He's our teammate, we'll support him" quote.  It was always dismissive. His dislike for ARod is well documented.  If you need me to find an example, i can.  You're kinda playing dumb right now.
2/14/2014 3:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.