Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

The funny/sad thing was that if Derek Jeter had spent his career on the haters' teams instead of the Yankees, they'd all be licking his balls
2/14/2014 8:46 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/13/2014 10:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2014 9:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 2/13/2014 8:34:00 AM (view original):
nope...ARods a total douche...but when he came to the Yankees he was a better SS. A true HOFer would have done what was best for the team.
So ignore long-term effects of what you're doing?

Play A-Rod at SS for a couple of seasons and move Jeter to 3B.   Then, in 2007 when A-Rod is no longer mobile enough to play SS, move them back.

Do you realize how dumb that is?    A-Rod, quite frankly, did not have a SS body(think Cal Ripken).   Everyone knew he'd grow out of the position in his early 30s.
It's not just about the position thing. ARod was chastised hard by the media, fans and even his own teammates in NY. There was a big clubhouse controversy. All it would have taken was for "The Captain" to say "Guys, he's a Yankee, he's our teammate, now regardless of how you feel, STFU and support him."

But he didn't. He sat back and quietly watched ARod get picked apart. I still remember a time when a ball was popped up to third. ARod was camped under it the whole way, but Jeter kept drifting over and drifting over and finally called it, then bumped into ARod and the ball dropped. It was ARod's all the way and Jeter effed it up. But after the play, Jeter just stood there on the field blatantly glaring at ARod and the crowd gave ARod ****. Classy, my ***.

You want to see a classy player, look at Rivera last year. Even fans who hate the Yankees could not find a bad thing to say about him. Jeter is not even in the same galaxy as Mo when it comes to class.
Agree with the A-Rod thing.

Yea, I remember the play.  In fact, he then walked away from the ball rolling away, forcing A-Rod to pick it up.
2/14/2014 9:50 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/14/2014 8:46:00 AM (view original):
The funny/sad thing was that if Derek Jeter had spent his career on the haters' teams instead of the Yankees, they'd all be licking his balls
Yea, generally you like your own great players.

He'd be a little better than Craig Biggio, essentially.  I'm not sure he'd have the "leader, selfless, team-first" tag attached to him.  
2/14/2014 9:55 AM (edited)
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 9:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/13/2014 10:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2014 9:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 2/13/2014 8:34:00 AM (view original):
nope...ARods a total douche...but when he came to the Yankees he was a better SS. A true HOFer would have done what was best for the team.
So ignore long-term effects of what you're doing?

Play A-Rod at SS for a couple of seasons and move Jeter to 3B.   Then, in 2007 when A-Rod is no longer mobile enough to play SS, move them back.

Do you realize how dumb that is?    A-Rod, quite frankly, did not have a SS body(think Cal Ripken).   Everyone knew he'd grow out of the position in his early 30s.
It's not just about the position thing. ARod was chastised hard by the media, fans and even his own teammates in NY. There was a big clubhouse controversy. All it would have taken was for "The Captain" to say "Guys, he's a Yankee, he's our teammate, now regardless of how you feel, STFU and support him."

But he didn't. He sat back and quietly watched ARod get picked apart. I still remember a time when a ball was popped up to third. ARod was camped under it the whole way, but Jeter kept drifting over and drifting over and finally called it, then bumped into ARod and the ball dropped. It was ARod's all the way and Jeter effed it up. But after the play, Jeter just stood there on the field blatantly glaring at ARod and the crowd gave ARod ****. Classy, my ***.

You want to see a classy player, look at Rivera last year. Even fans who hate the Yankees could not find a bad thing to say about him. Jeter is not even in the same galaxy as Mo when it comes to class.
Agree with the A-Rod thing.

Yea, I remember the play.  In fact, he then walked away from the ball rolling away, forcing A-Rod to pick it up.
"But...but....A-Rod!!!"

As I said, A-Rod has proven to be a massive tool.    You reap what you sow.   Dragging up one ******* play over an 18 year career and saying "SEE!?!?!?" is ******* moronic.    And the reason I blocked jtpops in the first place.   He's a moron.

Glad to see burnsy joining his band of morons. 
2/14/2014 10:07 AM
Such a leader.  Classiest guy I know.
2/14/2014 10:12 AM

jtpops?

2/14/2014 10:13 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2014 10:13:00 AM (view original):

jtpops?

Nah, the guy who didn't support his teammates publicly and makes them look like fools while he's playing.  Leader. Team-first. 
2/14/2014 10:15 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 10:15:00 AM (view original):

jtpops?

Nah, the guy who didn't support his teammates publicly and makes them look like fools while he's playing.  Leader. Team-first. 
Oh, that one guy who has been suspended for 162 games and is generally regarded as a top 3 ******* in the history of MLB? 

Yeah, I'd stand behind that teammate.
2/14/2014 10:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2014 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/14/2014 10:15:00 AM (view original):

jtpops?

Oh, that one guy who has been suspended for 162 games and is generally regarded as a top 3 ******* in the history of MLB? 

Yeah, I'd stand behind that teammate.
That's incredible the foresight Jeter had.  I didn't realize he knew that would happen.

Yea, if I'm the leader of the team, I do everything I can to make sure he's comfortable.  The more comfortable a player is, the better he'll perform, and the better the team will be.  Team-first.
2/14/2014 10:25 AM
You don't think he knew he was roiding?
2/14/2014 10:28 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/14/2014 10:28:00 AM (view original):
You don't think he knew he was roiding?
I'm sure he knew several players on his team throughout his career who were roiding.  Doesn't mean he didn't support them.
2/14/2014 10:30 AM
Are the people yelling, "A-Rod", the same as Fox news wingnuts yelling, "Benghazi"?

They seem eerily similar.
2/14/2014 10:31 AM
I think that goes to show you that ARod is the biggest of the giant ******** more than anything else.
2/14/2014 10:32 AM
You don't think pretty much everyone knew A-Rod was an ******* before he joined the Yankees?   Or that anyone was suspicious of him juicing?

I moved in grade school. Made new friends as kids do.  Stayed friends with one thru HS.  I went off to college, he got involved in several criminal activities.   I didn't know so we still hung out.  Once I found out, we stopped hanging out.   He wasn't any different around me but I didn't need that in my life. 

Sometimes you just cull people out of your life because you're not fond of what they're doing with their life.

2/14/2014 10:33 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.