Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2014 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/26/2014 1:25:00 PM (view original):
I'd say reaction time and survival instincts, in the way you're describing it, is the same thing.
I'd disagree.   Do you think Miggy wanted to get hit in the face?
It's exactly the same thing.  His "survival instinct" is to react quickly and avoid getting hit the face.  His reaction time wasn't good enough to do that.  You're arguing yours is.
3/26/2014 1:28 PM
Ok, folks, if you're going to ask the same questions over and over again, I'm checking out.   Have a great day. 
3/26/2014 1:28 PM
You too, man.  I'd say watch out for all the scary **** that happens in the world, but I know you're quick enough to avoid all of it.
3/26/2014 1:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2014 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Ok, folks, if you're going to ask the same questions over and over again, I'm checking out.   Have a great day. 
Later, *****.
3/26/2014 1:29 PM
3/26/2014 1:31 PM
But I'll be back tomorrow and you can ask "So you're saying that you think you could have avoided being hit in the face with that ground ball?"   And I'll say "Yes, most people have a survival instinct that would have allowed them to turn away or lift up to avoid taking it in the face."    Then you'll reword the same question and I'll try to make my response easier to understand.   You'll act confused and ask again.   I'll make fun of anyone who gets hit in the face from 200+ feet and you'll say "So you're saying that you have better reactions than Cabrera."   I'll go back to "survival instincts" and we'll dance around another 5 pages in the same circle jerk.
3/26/2014 1:34 PM

Oh, and maybe we'll measure internet dicks while telling our life stories.   What fun it will be!!!!

3/26/2014 1:35 PM
"Survival instincts" in the way you're describing it relates to reaction time.  So what you're arguing is that you have a better reaction time than Miguel Cabrera when it comes to hard hit ground balls that take a bad hop at your face from 5 feet away.  Which is pure insanity.

If you disagree with my definition, then tell me specifically what "survival instincts" you need to avoid being hit by that ball?  
3/26/2014 1:37 PM
Describe the survival instincts.

I'll start for you.

Ground ball is hit at you, MikteT23, temporary Detroit Tigers third baseman.

You shuffle to your left and prepare to glove the ball.

It takes a bad hop and your survival instincts allow you to...

Compare that to Cabrera.

Ground ball is hit at him.

He shuffles to his left and prepares to glove the ball.

It takes a bad hop and his survival instincts do not allow him to _________ fast enough to avoid being hit in the face.
3/26/2014 1:37 PM
Stupid
3/26/2014 1:38 PM
3/26/2014 1:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/25/2014 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 3/11/2014 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Wow...comparing your softball games to Miggy and the MLB.  Congrats on the losing the argument.

Can't believe this is still going on....what a joke.
Another ignorant *******.

It really wasn't the point.    I was simply pointing out that people, even those of considerably less athletic ability, can avoid getting hit the face with a batted ball.
And, of course, this.
Love that this is your reply.

I've read post after post after post of your nonsense.  You keep posting the same retarded mess non stop in hopes that everyone just stops and that you can say that you won the argument. 

Everyone here see that your argument is a joke.
3/26/2014 4:42 PM
Why would I keep posting the same thing if I hope everyone stops?   Let me introduce you to bad_luck.   He had a 100 page, 30 day argument about the age of the earth.   He'd still be having it if biztica hadn't disappeared.    He's argued with me about Edgar Martinez for 18 months.   EM will pop up in any thread as will any other topic he's argued about since creating his alias back in 2012.    Obviously you're a ******* moron.  Which surprises no one.

And, just as obvious, I have a god-like ability to not get hit in the face with groundballs.    Oddly, enough, in my 45+ years around ballfields(not to mention games I've watched on TV), the people around me have the same god-like ability(save a sorry 9 y/o, a chick and a drunk dude).   Perhaps my awesome ability to not get hit in the face with a batted ball is like a force field that protects everyone around me.  Perhaps, when I die, I'll donate my body to science so they can figure it out. 
3/27/2014 9:05 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Why would I keep posting the same thing if I hope everyone stops?   Let me introduce you to bad_luck.   He had a 100 page, 30 day argument about the age of the earth.   He'd still be having it if biztica hadn't disappeared.    He's argued with me about Edgar Martinez for 18 months.   EM will pop up in any thread as will any other topic he's argued about since creating his alias back in 2012.    Obviously you're a ******* moron.  Which surprises no one.

And, just as obvious, I have a god-like ability to not get hit in the face with groundballs.    Oddly, enough, in my 45+ years around ballfields(not to mention games I've watched on TV), the people around me have the same god-like ability(save a sorry 9 y/o, a chick and a drunk dude).   Perhaps my awesome ability to not get hit in the face with a batted ball is like a force field that protects everyone around me.  Perhaps, when I die, I'll donate my body to science so they can figure it out. 
Um, we didn't argue about Edgar Martinez for 18 months. The actual argument lasted for about 5 minutes. The rest of the time I was making fun of you for being a ******* idiot and saying things like:

"Edgar Martinez and Bernie Williams were comparable offensive players."

"Edgar Martinez walked a lot, that's bad IMO."

Please describe the "survival instincts" that you posses that Miguel Cabrera, Aramis Ramirez, Joe Crede, and Gordon Beckham do not. What did these "instincts" allow you to do to avoid the ball to the face?
3/27/2014 11:10 AM
Oh, my bad.   I thought we were arguing and, much like now, I was mocking you for being a stupid *****. 

Rather than survival instincts that I obvioulsy possess, let's discuss how hard a ball has to be hit to travel 200+ feet and still hit a "high level" player in the face.  I'm guessing exit speeds well in excess of 220 MPH.   Sound about right?
3/27/2014 11:15 AM
◂ Prev 1...62|63|64|65|66...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.