Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Truth is, the last 20 pages should have never occurred.   I was obviously mocking Cabrera because rsvp posted a dozen pics of Jeter.  But this is the internet and people are going to argue about stupid ****.  Myself included. 
Yea, a simple "obviously I'd be hit in the face too, I'm not retarded" would have ended this.  But, you know.
Problem is, I don't think I would have.   I wouldn't have been hit in the face in the OF either.   Unless that was some magical bad hop, it's been seen many times by many people.   And people just don't get hit square in the face with groundballs very often. 

Not sure why that's such a difficult concept to understand. 
And we get to the real point.

Mike doesn't think that he would have been hit in the face by the ball that hit Cabrera in the face.

Throw out the one logical explanation for this (that Mike would have been too slow to be in position to field the ball in the first place) and the only explanation is that mike thinks his reactions are faster than Cabrera's.

Retarded as all hell.

3/27/2014 4:04 PM
You've forgotten my god-like superpowers already?

Was that a mystical bad hop only seen once in a lifetime?
3/27/2014 4:32 PM
You do realize I'm just ******* with you now, right?   I fully recognize you may be doing the same.

Nonetheless, you assume everyone on earth would have taken that ball in the face had they been in Miggy's position.
I assume many, many people have seen very similar bad hops and avoided being hit in the face. 

I don't know why Miggy was unable to avoid that ball.   Picked it up late, misjudged it's speed, hungover, checking out the huge rack on the Latino behind home plate, bug in his eye, daydreaming, finger up ***, etc, etc.   I don't know.   But that doesn't look any more, or any less, of a difficult bad hop than many before or since.  He simply ****** it up.
3/27/2014 4:40 PM
IOW, because I know I need to be crystal clear due to the brain damage you suffered after getting hit in the face in the OF, we assume different things for different reasons.  Neither of which can be proven but have basic facts to support our argument. 

Now don't dare say "Yeah, what are your facts?" because they've been repeated dozens of times. 
3/27/2014 4:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 4:40:00 PM (view original):
You do realize I'm just ******* with you now, right?   I fully recognize you may be doing the same.

Nonetheless, you assume everyone on earth would have taken that ball in the face had they been in Miggy's position.
I assume many, many people have seen very similar bad hops and avoided being hit in the face. 

I don't know why Miggy was unable to avoid that ball.   Picked it up late, misjudged it's speed, hungover, checking out the huge rack on the Latino behind home plate, bug in his eye, daydreaming, finger up ***, etc, etc.   I don't know.   But that doesn't look any more, or any less, of a difficult bad hop than many before or since.  He simply ****** it up.
If you want to argue that Longoria or Machado might have avoided it, that's one thing. But if you're going to argue that you could have avoided it, I'm going to continue to call you stupid.
3/27/2014 4:52 PM
Oh, are we going to compare internet dicks again?   A professional scout spoke to me about my shortcomings.   I wasn't some **** walk-on back-up at some **** DII college that ended up batting .230 or so.
3/27/2014 5:00 PM
Better yet, I don't think I have some superior skill set to another internet clown because I was some **** walk-on back-up at some **** DII college that ended up batting .230 or so.    Nor do I feel the need to even mention what I did or who I was when I was 18 years old.   For me, that was a lifetime ago.   Not only is it unimportant, no one cares. 
3/27/2014 5:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Fielding is not a learned skill?   Do babies pop out of vaginas ready to take infield practice?    You are proving to be an idiot.   Well, a bigger idiot than I thought. 
Yes, and he's been ******* playing infield for a long time now.  He's good enough where he plays infield full-time.
3/27/2014 5:07 PM (edited)
3/27/2014 5:07 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Fielding is not a learned skill?   Do babies pop out of vaginas ready to take infield practice?    You are proving to be an idiot.   Well, a bigger idiot than I thought. 
Yes, and he's been ******* playing infield for a long time now.  He's good enough where he plays infield full-time.
Do you think 1B and 3B are the same learned skill?
3/27/2014 5:08 PM
We're talking about fielding ground balls, right?  Fielding ground balls (and avoiding bad hops to your face) are very similar at 3B and 1B.

And yes, I think he has more experience learning that skill than you do, considering it's his profession.  That and he's a better athlete, and has better tools to learn the skill than you do.  
3/27/2014 5:13 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 1:04:00 PM (view original):
The part where you ignored the question "What survival instincts, specifically, do you have that Miguel Cabrera doesn't?" Because I said it was reaction time, and you said no.
3/27/2014 5:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Oh, are we going to compare internet dicks again?   A professional scout spoke to me about my shortcomings.   I wasn't some **** walk-on back-up at some **** DII college that ended up batting .230 or so.
You have some fascination with dicks.  Every 3rd or so pages, you want to measure your with others.  Strange.
3/27/2014 5:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Better yet, I don't think I have some superior skill set to another internet clown because I was some **** walk-on back-up at some **** DII college that ended up batting .230 or so.    Nor do I feel the need to even mention what I did or who I was when I was 18 years old.   For me, that was a lifetime ago.   Not only is it unimportant, no one cares. 
Whether or not I'm better than you is irrelevant (I'm pretty sure I am, if only because I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 years younger).

I'm 100% sure that Cabrera is better than you. That's all that matters.
3/27/2014 5:21 PM
7 inches erect

2 inches limp
3/27/2014 5:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...66|67|68|69|70...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.