Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Another easy block.   Never added anything worth reading. 
4/2/2014 8:54 AM
You realize saying "Obviously my reaction time isn't as good as Miggy's, I just like making fun of him" a week ago would have avoided this? You get a little stubborn sometimes over silly arguments.

As much as I like to argue here, there are times where I've said "Nevermind, I'm a moron" or "Nevermind, I get I'm biased."
4/2/2014 9:05 AM
Thing is, I never said it was.   I said I've avoided being hit in the face by batted balls for 45 years.   Go back to page 40 or so.   I stated what I was doing several times.  The only reason I hadn't blocked BL a year ago is because I do learn something, usually so I can say "How stupid are you?", on occassion.   In this case, exit speeds for baseballs/softballs.   That's not something I'd look up.   I know a softball can travel 65 feet in the same amount of time a baseball can travel 95 feet but, because I wanted to say "You're an idiot", I had to find sources to rightfully say "You're an idiot."    But, 35 pages later, we've got 30 pages of "How stupid are you?"    That's just a waste of time.   If I don't have anything better to do, I should spend that time finding something better to do.
4/2/2014 9:21 AM
You said you avoided being hit in the face with a baseball.  You said Miggy did it.  What conclusion should I be getting from that?  When I said "if you were in the same exact spot as Miggy was, ready to field the ball, and the ball takes that hop, you'd be hit in the face" and you said no.  It's silly.

He did ultimately agree with you that he was wrong.  And then it went back to the matrix stuff.

4/2/2014 9:26 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2014 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/1/2014 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Just trying to figure out what you're getting from this.    Tell us.
Entertainment. What do you get from this?

Honestly, I'm not sure.   As a general rule, I simply block users when the exchange always devolves to "You're an idiot", "No, you're an idiot."   Seems like a massive waste of time.  It's like 2nd grade recess.  And, quite honestly, I like to think I've matured beyond that stage.  Beating on you yesterday, asking "What's your prize?" over and over again, made me realize that I haven't.   But I stumbled onto something.   My theory that you just shrivel up and die if you have no one to argue with for pages on end.   You don't play the games so the only reason bad_luck was created was to argue.   So, because I'm sure I'd get sucked into another 50 pages of "How stupid are you?", "Not as stupid as you", I've decided to block you.    As of this post, you've been averaging about 350 posts per month since you arrived.  Without me, let's see if you can maintain that pace.   Post count: 6432.   I'll check you again in a month or two.

When did you beat on me? I routed you. It was brutal. I probably went too far because now you're blocking to avoid having it happen again.

Good luck. Arguments are what keep the MLB forum interesting. Otherwise it's just a boring circle jerk.
4/2/2014 9:47 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/2/2014 9:26:00 AM (view original):
You said you avoided being hit in the face with a baseball.  You said Miggy did it.  What conclusion should I be getting from that?  When I said "if you were in the same exact spot as Miggy was, ready to field the ball, and the ball takes that hop, you'd be hit in the face" and you said no.  It's silly.

He did ultimately agree with you that he was wrong.  And then it went back to the matrix stuff.

Bingo. I can admit when I'm wrong. 50+ pages and mike still won't admit that his analogy was completely retarded.
4/2/2014 9:50 AM

OK, I'm not going to replace my dumbass repetitive arguments with BL with dumbass repetitive arguments with you so this will be the last time I address/defend a claim I didn't make.    Very few people get hit in the face with batted balls.   It's a simple fact.   Do you know that I'd have been hit in the face with that ball?   No.   Do I know that I'd have avoided being hit in the face with that ball?  No.  Of course, NONE OF THAT was the original point.   I was just making fun of Miggy because RSP# posted a dozen pics of Jeter stumbling around.   But that's how we move from 40 pages to 80 around here.   Someone makes a joke, someone else hammers them with questions until they say what the other person was seeeking.   Then the argument devolves to "You're stupid."    2nd grade recess. 
4/2/2014 10:44 AM
It was less "you're stupid" and more "you're insane," at least in my comments.

I don't know for sure that you would have been hit in the face with that ball. I suppose it's possible you would have reacted quicker. Maybe Miggy was drunk. Who knows for sure. But logic says you almost definitely would have, though. You argued otherwise. Survival instincts or something. That's crazy-talk. You rightly got jumped on for that. Even tec made fun of you. And you defended it hard for 30 pages.
4/2/2014 11:00 AM
OK.  As I said..............
4/2/2014 11:01 AM
OK, moving on.
4/2/2014 11:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2014 10:44:00 AM (view original):

OK, I'm not going to replace my dumbass repetitive arguments with BL with dumbass repetitive arguments with you so this will be the last time I address/defend a claim I didn't make.    Very few people get hit in the face with batted balls.   It's a simple fact.   Do you know that I'd have been hit in the face with that ball?   No.   Do I know that I'd have avoided being hit in the face with that ball?  No.  Of course, NONE OF THAT was the original point.   I was just making fun of Miggy because RSP# posted a dozen pics of Jeter stumbling around.   But that's how we move from 40 pages to 80 around here.   Someone makes a joke, someone else hammers them with questions until they say what the other person was seeeking.   Then the argument devolves to "You're stupid."    2nd grade recess. 
You chose to defend your dumbass post for 50 pages. That's on you.
4/2/2014 11:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2014 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/1/2014 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Just trying to figure out what you're getting from this.    Tell us.
Entertainment. What do you get from this?

Honestly, I'm not sure.   As a general rule, I simply block users when the exchange always devolves to "You're an idiot", "No, you're an idiot."   Seems like a massive waste of time.  It's like 2nd grade recess.  And, quite honestly, I like to think I've matured beyond that stage.  Beating on you yesterday, asking "What's your prize?" over and over again, made me realize that I haven't.   But I stumbled onto something.   My theory that you just shrivel up and die if you have no one to argue with for pages on end.   You don't play the games so the only reason bad_luck was created was to argue.   So, because I'm sure I'd get sucked into another 50 pages of "How stupid are you?", "Not as stupid as you", I've decided to block you.    As of this post, you've been averaging about 350 posts per month since you arrived.  Without me, let's see if you can maintain that pace.   Post count: 6432.   I'll check you again in a month or two.

23 days later:

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)
Forum Rating: Prospect Game Rating: Prospect

70 and about half of those were immediately after something I posted.  So I assume you were hoping I'd unblock you and read it.   Sorry, not happening.   And my theory appears to be right.   Without me, badluck doesn't exist.   Send me a GC for Father's Day, boy.
4/25/2014 8:36 AM
Oh mikey, quit pretending that you aren't reading my posts. You aren't fooling anyone.
4/25/2014 11:41 AM
Guess we can add another to the list of "responding to me and hoping to get unblocked."    Sorry, not happening.    Too many people thanking me for getting you to STFU. 
4/25/2014 11:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/25/2014 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Guess we can add another to the list of "responding to me and hoping to get unblocked."    Sorry, not happening.    Too many people thanking me for getting you to STFU. 
Yep, you're definitely not reading my posts. Wink. Wink.
4/25/2014 12:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...77|78|79|80|81...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.