Scouting Problem That Needs To Be Addressed Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/13/2014 8:00:00 AM (view original):
Colonels is either being intentionally stupid or just letting his latent stupidity shine through. Either way, he's stupid.
Says the guy who TRIES to recruit less than 20 WE and whose recruits look like walkons...
2/13/2014 8:17 PM
That's your new thing? I don't know how to recruit?
2/13/2014 8:27 PM
My new thing?  They're your recruits.  I know it's only your first season, but I'm not impressed.
2/13/2014 8:49 PM
Your elbow is the thing in the middle of your arm, your *** is the thing you talk out of.
2/13/2014 8:57 PM
Don't forget to schedule your sims, TJ
2/13/2014 9:12 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/13/2014 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Your elbow is the thing in the middle of your arm, your *** is the thing you talk out of.
WOW.  That is good.

P.S. - I hate the auto-profanity-filter within quoted posts.
2/13/2014 9:30 PM
Guys, let's tone it down a bit, ok? If you really feel the need to battle, please do it in site mail and keep it out of the forums. Thanks guys.
2/14/2014 4:31 AM
I'm with you bobmeyer. This was a good thread for a little bit.
2/16/2014 1:26 PM
Aw jeez, guys.  That's just some benign ribbing.  Plenty of examples of actual battles elsewhere.
2/16/2014 1:53 PM
What I find really bizarre regarding scouting is that I can get better information about a player in the recruitment process than I can from my assistant coach. Why can't my assistant tell me if a guy is a low-hi or hi-hi in a particular area once he's already in the program, but he or another assistant can during recruiting?
2/16/2014 3:03 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/16/2014 3:03:00 PM (view original):
What I find really bizarre regarding scouting is that I can get better information about a player in the recruitment process than I can from my assistant coach. Why can't my assistant tell me if a guy is a low-hi or hi-hi in a particular area once he's already in the program, but he or another assistant can during recruiting?
I think you assistant knows, but he's not telling you.   He wants you to fail like Pat Knight.  You get fired mid-season, he takes over on an interim basis, the team goes on a winning streak and...VOILA!...he's a head coach.
You can't blame him...the poor guy's been there for over 60 seasons. 

2/16/2014 3:21 PM
TrentonJoe Limestone is on a nice roll right now 5 in a row - 11-11 overall in his first year not bad at all.
2/16/2014 3:32 PM
TJoe could you send John Bethel on flight to crum world for my Beloit squad , thank you!
2/16/2014 3:36 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/16/2014 3:03:00 PM (view original):
The head coach should know if you know what to look for. It just takes a little observing to figure it out. The game doesn't come right out and say, " hey he has 34 points to grow in x skill" but once they are on campus you should be able to get a pretty close estimation in half a season or so.
2/16/2014 9:12 PM
Posted by piratesfan23 on 2/16/2014 3:36:00 PM (view original):
TJoe could you send John Bethel on flight to crum world for my Beloit squad , thank you!
I locked up bethel , right before the signing period, for $110. No one wanted him.

He actually isn't really good, it's just that my team is so bad he looks good.
2/16/2014 9:19 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Scouting Problem That Needs To Be Addressed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.