Shuuu…. Don't tell anyone. The Secret to 3.0 Topic

I don't know why so many coaches get frustrated with 3.0 when they have "Better Teams " and lose, Then attack then the game.  I have been there with the losses but i can's  say I should not have lost that would be B.S.   Did you not see the Superbowl?  Folks talked about how great Denver was heheheheh.   How great NE was a few years back.  The sims have just as good players as we do sometimes and sometimes better. I just watched a great qb go to a sim in Yost I would have shirted him and started him for sure the next year, but a sim got him and he'll be great.  The logic still has them throwing more int than human coaches and still we complain.   
   But here the secret diversify your offense and defense, have a Pass Defense D and A Run stopping D. and play them all, and tweak them all.  Thats the one thing I learned from playing the like of hubfan, anml34, Chetty1963, and badnews12 for all these seasons not to mention all the sitemails I sent them asking questions .   You can't run the ball 90 percent of the time because when you meet a real good coach he will crowd the box and shut it down, same with the pass.  If you have a 90 pass  GP, toss in a 90 run at the 15 to see how it goes in the first half, then a balanced Offense in the back end OR play whichever offense ate up more of the clock.  Also the clock setting  is nice to eat up clock if your team is strong or weak.  You can keep it away from a stronger team. and wait for you shot. 

Point being Point Lets Play and Send the tickets in but reanalyze you GP.   

2/12/2014 8:40 PM (edited)
You cannot explain them all by "gameplanning".  
2/12/2014 8:51 PM
Can we dub this the WuTang strategy? Diversify your offense yall. 
2/12/2014 9:10 PM
Kas, the problem with this compared to real life is this. 

There are no injuries in this game. There are no nagging injuries. There is no emotional makeup. In the absence of these factors, in order to simulate "accurate" scores they introduce randomness which leads to games that you can point to "hey such and such beat this team that on paper they were better than". Then, there is also the point that the worst team in the NFL imo is less points of talent off from the best team in the NFL then the best team in GD is to the 32nd best team in GD. A team, in GD, that is 50 places behind another team and loses to them is worse then the Seattle Seahawks losing to the Jacksonville Jaguars, twice. 
2/12/2014 9:39 PM
Not to mention how much worse it will get once injuries are finally introduced. 
2/12/2014 9:39 PM
Well said, kas. Quiet the whiners, and just kick their ***.
2/12/2014 10:17 PM
Posted by johnnyf on 2/12/2014 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Can we dub this the WuTang strategy? Diversify your offense yall. 
You won the internet today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_rDtmT246s
2/13/2014 12:48 AM
Um, in the NFL, even if you take Seattle and Jacksonville, they are inches apart. I actually predicted Seattle to win the Super Bowl because I thought they were better than Denver. There was't this great gap in talent between the two teams. Bad comparison

2/13/2014 9:19 AM
CJ then you should get a job doing NFL Morning shows because I think between 5% and 10% of bets were on Seattle.  I told folks I though they would win too but my money stayed in my pocket.   I was pointing out that there's a degree of randomness that folks have not figured out yet.  Thats what makes this all fun. 
2/13/2014 8:09 PM
All the publics money and the causal football fan was on Denver only because of manning and that's it,,but the sharp money from real gambles was just as much on seattle not just 5 to 10%.not a chance
2/13/2014 8:51 PM
I bomb atomically, Socrates philosophies and hypotheses can't define how I be droppin' these mockeries.  Lyrically perform armed robbery.
2/13/2014 11:16 PM
Wu-Tang Clan aint nothing to **** with!
2/13/2014 11:56 PM
If we wanted randomness, we would go play an EA Sports game. The people that are here are here to compete against other humans strategically. The SIMS are basically supposed to find some line between not interfering with the humans and letting their team go to crap. I would suggest that they did that for the most part in engine 1. I'm fine with a little bit of randomness but part of the beauty of WIS, is the recruiting. I for one, love the recruiting aspect more than anything else. However, with this engine, recruiting goes a very short ways. I don't mind a little randomness, from a human coached team. I don't mind when I get outsmarted by another human coach, even with less talent than I. What I do mind is putting together strong recruiting classes, year in and year out, working on several different playbooks to try and compete, only to be stopped by some random SIM team. 

And maybe 5 to 10 % of the bets you saw on Facebook were for Denver. Most of the experts that I know said it was a coinflip game, and I even heard a few say that Seattle could have a field day against Denver. I picked Seattle because I think Denver would have been the 6th best team in the NFC. Thus a team coming out of a tougher conference had the advantage in my opinion. 
2/14/2014 12:02 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 2/13/2014 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Um, in the NFL, even if you take Seattle and Jacksonville, they are inches apart. I actually predicted Seattle to win the Super Bowl because I thought they were better than Denver. There was't this great gap in talent between the two teams. Bad comparison

That is my point cj. I was drawing a comparison saying that the difference in teams in this game was more substantial then in real life, and that nobody would even see jacksonville beating seattle one time in 40 yet teams that are more superior to the other team then that win 1-3 games out of 10 on a regular. 

We already have that randomness, introducing injuries will make this worse. 

FWIW, I predicted Seattle to win the super bowl in the preseason, in the regular season, in the playoffs, and before the super bowl. No one would have said that Seattle would win that big, but even some predicted it wouldn't be a close game. There were matchup reasons why I thought that denver was ill-suited to play seattle. i didn't like the fact that they likely would have zero running game. I thought that the CB's would dominate the WR's and that the fact that their only deep threat would likely get neutralized by Richard Sherman. Then Percy Harvin was cleared to play and I was confident seattle would win. People believe that quarterbacks win super bowls, they are wrong. Even with the best quarterback with the best season possible it still takes an entire unit AND a favorable matchup to win a superbowl. If the team can score 40 on an opponent, they have to have a defense that will hold to 30 etc. 
2/14/2014 12:22 AM
Posted by jtd79 on 2/13/2014 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Wu-Tang Clan aint nothing to **** with!
Word up, look out for SIMs
Recruiting cash rules
word up, 43 over 34 over here baby. 
2/14/2014 1:59 PM
12 Next ▸
Shuuu…. Don't tell anyone. The Secret to 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.