Would you be involved in a totally human world? Topic

+1 from me
2/13/2014 8:34 PM
Katz, you read my mind- I was considering posting about a reboot of the Heisman Challenge. This is a bigger undertaking, and I'd love to see it happen. That said, I dunno if I can afford another team, and I like the ones I have. So it'd be a consideration I'd have to make if a world was chosen I'm not already in.
2/13/2014 10:27 PM
About the only way I can see this happening and making everybody happy with it, is to start one new world and let every coach have their choice of what level they want to play at. If a guy wants to start at 1aa, then that would be their choice. With this new engine, it seems that even the Sims are doing fine. We're in the job change period right now in Stagg and most of the available teams at the top of each division have been Sims for at least 10 seasons.

If WIS every makes this game run 80% on talent, a lot of the old coaches will come back. For what its worth WIS is currently looking for a "software engineer".
2/14/2014 3:32 PM
So although the response to start a human filled league is positive, the numbers are too low for this idea to ever work. Therefore - any who complain (and didn't vote their support) about losing to SIMs, having SIMs all over your recruits, or SIMs getting into the playoffs - please quit your . You were offered an opportunity to push forward an all human world and didn't step up. Whiney time is over.
2/15/2014 2:50 PM
I think best improvement they could make is for it not to take so long to build vision. You are penalized for at least 5 seasons if you take over a crap SIM team. I understand the concept of recruits wanting to go to the best schools but in this genre you are going to lose owners and turn people away by making it so hard to even compete fairly.
2/15/2014 6:23 PM
Posted by jibe on 2/13/2014 6:16:00 PM (view original):
I will add that at this point I concur that world closings should happen. I would prefer that all worlds are closed and 3 or 4 new ones are opened in there place, about a week apart for each new world to open. Give coaches 1 free season for each team they lose in the closing worlds seems fair to me. I also would not allow any owner to have more than 1 or 2 teams to start out with so that everyone that wants a team would be able to get one. After 3 or 4 seasons guys could then start to grab more teams. All coaches would start out in D3 just as it is now.

Its no fun being outnumbered by sims 2 to 1 and for them at this point to be on equal grounds with the humans. At this point I am fine with my only world closing. If it means the prospect of a better playing environment.

++++10000
2/16/2014 11:15 AM
Posted by nukl on 2/15/2014 6:23:00 PM (view original):
I think best improvement they could make is for it not to take so long to build vision. You are penalized for at least 5 seasons if you take over a crap SIM team. I understand the concept of recruits wanting to go to the best schools but in this genre you are going to lose owners and turn people away by making it so hard to even compete fairly.
The thing about this is that while, theoretically, the best players are available to higher visions, it is not usually true. There will be a couple that you may not see, but ANYONE, and I do mean anyone, can pull in the best recruiting class. It doesn't matter. Vision will allow you only to see more recruits, and not necessarily better ones. It is based off of overall rating, which is not a clear indicator of actual skill.
2/16/2014 1:10 PM
I would be up for this, but agree we don't have enough people to do it.
2/16/2014 1:39 PM
This would be great I feel the more and more I get into it its pretty easy to stack a very good team beating up on Sims. Im in the NJIC with Buff State and wth a few teams also being very good I can schedule a bunch of cup cakes and 2 humans that I play HBD with. TO me the game woudl be "harder" but much much better in game play with all humans. Figure there are 11 worlds there should be a way to pair down atleast half of them. The issue that I see happenind is like in D3 Huntington is human in all worlds who would get that team. Just seems to me you could create a new world and have people apply to each school go though one round of hirings then apply again till filled and start a waiting list. Almost would need someone to be a world commish like what is done in HBD. Big issue I see is guys who have temas like Huntingdon would rather win the D3 NC every year then move up so whats left are the lesserands who get beat up every year.

Id be 100% behind joining and I think you would see a lot less turnaround in worlds and would be very competitive.
2/17/2014 9:34 AM
Call me crazy but think they should have ran out a new league to do just this very thign when they came out with the new engine. Seems like it would have put everyone on a level playing field as it seemed a lot of older users hated the new engine cause everything they had just worked on suddenly stopped working.
2/17/2014 9:38 AM
◂ Prev 12
Would you be involved in a totally human world? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.