Question on Trades - trade is swap of same player Topic

I'm in a league where many teams have the same players and as expected the performance of the various same players varies across the league. In my league my team and another team have the same player underperforming compared to rest of the league (1927 Gehrig). I was thinking that maybe swapping Gehrigs via trade, basically a change of scenery trade, might get Sparky to let them perform at league avg.

I get an error when trying this type of trade proposal. Anyone ever try this type of trade? Doesn't Sparky look at both sides of the trade? Any ideas on how to get this done without it taking multiple teams & trades?

Tks.
2/13/2014 3:34 PM
My guess is that the engine sees only one side at a time in a trade and considers it putting the same player on your roster twice. But that is a guess. Someone here probably knows the real reason with greater certainty. 

Or maybe the WIS engine thinks it is a bad trade and that your 1927 Gehrig is greatly superior to that other one ! 
2/13/2014 6:05 PM
Dump Gehrig to the WW, leave him there for a day to let the "curse" wash off, then reacquire him.  

Yes, the transaction charge will cost you 10% of his salary.  Exorcisms aren't cheap. 
2/14/2014 2:46 AM
Yes, Sparky DOES look at both sides of a trade.  He probably doesn't allow a trade of the exact same player.  However, as Crazystengel suggested, if you can afford it, send him to the WW and pick him back up.  I've done this many times, and if he's seriously underperforming, when you get him back, the chances are that he'll perform much better. However, one word of advice, if you really want him back, don't wait til the NEXT day because he may be gone.  Once you waive a player, it only takes from 15 mins to an hour for that player to appear on the WW.  So you'll have to monitor it regularly.
2/14/2014 9:15 AM
All- Tks for the advice.
2/15/2014 8:09 PM
Question on Trades - trade is swap of same player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.