Does WIS ever add new cities and stadiums? I know there are already a lot to choose from, but there are a few that they've left out. I'd love to play a team from St. Paul, MN, for example.
2/13/2014 4:21 PM
I would love to build a team in Target Field.
2/13/2014 7:28 PM
I think it's funny that the HHH Metrodome is now almost completely torn down - any other WIS playing in fields that no longer exist?
2/14/2014 8:46 AM
Yankee Stadium (II) and Shea Stadium immediately come to mind.
2/14/2014 9:26 AM
I also wonder why they don't have any stadiums in Alaska. Travel makes it impractical to have an Alaska team in real life, but not a problem in the game. Unless I'm mistaken, Alaska and New Hampshire are the only states with no teams.

It would also be fun to have teams overseas in places like Japan.

Back to my original question: do they ever add stadiums? Or has the list been the same since the beginning?
2/14/2014 12:06 PM

The ballparks have basically been the same since the beginning.  A couple of years ago I believe they tweaked some of the ballpark ratings to adjust them closer to updated ballpark effects, but I don't believe they added any new parks at that time.

Most of the parks are real major league or minor league ballparks, but there are some exceptions.  There are a handful of ballparks that are purely fictional (Madison, Cheyenne, and Santa Fe; there may be others).  And Hartford's Welch Park is actually a Little League / Softball complex in a suburb of Hartford.

2/14/2014 12:28 PM
Posted by arcticlegend on 2/14/2014 12:06:00 PM (view original):
I also wonder why they don't have any stadiums in Alaska. Travel makes it impractical to have an Alaska team in real life, but not a problem in the game. Unless I'm mistaken, Alaska and New Hampshire are the only states with no teams.

It would also be fun to have teams overseas in places like Japan.

Back to my original question: do they ever add stadiums? Or has the list been the same since the beginning?
I know that New Hampshire has the Manchester Fisher Cats, AA team for the Marlins. But as for your original question, I believe Yankee Stadium (II) was added when it was built. Not sure about any others
2/16/2014 11:29 AM
Complete list of fictional parks:
Madison
Jackson-- Boon Stadium is named after HBD developer Kyle Boon.
Fargo
Cheyenne
Huntington-- Eble Park appears to be a rec facility in suburban Milwaukee.
Burlington
Augusta--Noes Field may or may not be some kind of programmer in-joke.
Sioux Falls
Santa Cruz
Dover
Hartford-- as tec noted above
Santa Fe
2/16/2014 12:32 PM
Posted by roundfrog on 2/14/2014 8:46:00 AM (view original):
I think it's funny that the HHH Metrodome is now almost completely torn down - any other WIS playing in fields that no longer exist?
Rosenblatt in Omaha is no longer around.
2/27/2014 1:49 PM
Posted by arcticlegend on 2/13/2014 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Does WIS ever add new cities and stadiums? I know there are already a lot to choose from, but there are a few that they've left out. I'd love to play a team from St. Paul, MN, for example.
This is one of the biggest -- and likely easiest -- changes they could make to the game to help boost or maintain interest. If they wanted to go crazy, they could add historical ballparks, whether or not the cities are already represented.

Hiring a graphic designer to update or supplement the team logos (in case you wanted to choose from a couple, for example) might also be meaningless but fun.
2/27/2014 3:20 PM
Ebbets Field
Polo Grounds
Shibe Park
Baker Bowl
Tiger Stadium
Jarry Park
Astrodome
Candlestick Park

. . . .just to name a few.
2/27/2014 3:25 PM
Posted by jibe on 2/13/2014 7:28:00 PM (view original):
I would love to build a team in Target Field.
Just don't use your credit card!
2/27/2014 8:48 PM
Sounds like this has been a request for a while. The Twins have been playing at Target Field since 2010. An update would be nice.
1/4/2019 4:33 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.