Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How do you have your depth chart set-up and what are settings for individual players foul trouble?
2/15/2014 5:35 AM
For whatever it is worth, here is some background.  In the initial years of this game, there was only substitution by minutes and it had lots of issues.Those you report and pothers.

Fatigue was launched as an improvement and acclaimed.  It was regarded by most or all users as better.

The conventional wisdom is that fatigue works better unless you need to get specific minutes to certain players - to keep promises or otherwise.

I know that I see periodic puzzling results in fatigue mode - but I dont sweat them, since I am convinced it is better than minutes approach.  I do play with depth charts.  I dont know any way to articulate rules that govern the tinkers, but leaving a gap in depth chart changes substitution priority.  Putting a guy in more than one position stack changes usage.  Setting a sub at tired changes it a bit.  Usually, most seasons, over the course of games I usually can get the minutes where I want them to be. 

I have now and then played around with changing depth chart radically for a game - to alter matchups and the like.  Without time to experiment over several games, I find that very hard to do with any precision

That is what I do, for whatever it may be worth.
2/15/2014 7:11 AM
agreed - results can be odd - especially if you start a high stamina guy who you do not want to play tons of mins - I have no solution for that in fatigue mode

if you have had a team for a few seasons and built a roster, that wont tend to happen much - you will have a succession of players, seniors and juniors with high IQs who you will generally want to start and get the bulk of the minutes.  Now and then you will have a SO or FR who you have to start cause you could not bring along a replacement or because someone leaves early for the NBA - a DI issue - and then there is a challenge in managing his minutes - which sometimes leads me to use the minutes method.

a well developed roster helps address the lack of depth chart finesse - to be gentle - in the SIM
2/15/2014 8:15 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/15/2014 7:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM (view original):
How do you have your depth chart set-up and what are settings for individual players foul trouble?
Most of the foul trouble setting are to play more (or whatever the wording is) because I don't want to lose someone for a whole half for just two fouls, which is what seems to happen on normal.

The depth chart changes every game, so no real way to answer that.

Bottom line is I tell the sim to sub at "fairly fresh" and I see "getting tired" and then a dead ball and still no sub. That's just ridiculous. 
Okay, let me try again. When you set the depth chart do you have four players listed for each position? Do you have players set to more to more than one position? Do you have different players listed at the same position with different foul settings? Get the drift.......

All of these things can affect whether or not a player has to be on the court more than their stamina (and the selected stamina settings) is suppose to allow. So, the real bottom line is that you may not be leaving the engine with enough options for it to abide by the fatigue settings you selected.

2/15/2014 9:36 AM
Most of the foul trouble setting are to play more (or whatever the wording is) because I don't want to lose someone for a whole half for just two fouls, which is what seems to happen on normal.

Bottom line is I tell the sim to sub at "fairly fresh" and I see "getting tired" and then a dead ball and still no sub. That's just ridiculous. 
Making no assumptions on your knowledge of the game, nor implying in any manner that you do not otherwise know this, and understanding it may have already entered your thought process, and that you have already accounted for this variable, is it possible the higher in the depth chart player the "tired" player substituted for has not recovered to their determined fatigue level?
2/15/2014 10:55 AM
If you list the game, the time of the substitution (or lack thereof), your depth chart, and what you think should have happened, we can explainwhat happened and how to avoid it.t
2/15/2014 11:12 AM
Posted by headpirate on 2/15/2014 10:55:00 AM (view original):

Making no assumptions on your knowledge of the game, nor implying in any manner that you do not otherwise know this, and understanding it may have already entered your thought process, and that you have already accounted for this variable, is it possible the higher in the depth chart player the "tired" player substituted for has not recovered to their determined fatigue level?
Pretty soon you will have to have a paragraph long lawyers disclaimer at the bottom of every post in order to talk to Etta.
2/15/2014 11:48 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/15/2014 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 2/15/2014 11:12:00 AM (view original):
If you list the game, the time of the substitution (or lack thereof), your depth chart, and what you think should have happened, we can explainwhat happened and how to avoid it.t
There's not just one. That's the thing with all of this, on several fronts. People seem ot act like I'm reacting and complaining about a single instance. I'm not. These things are systemic and really I would think veterans wouldn't even have to be given an explanation because they would just know because surely it's happened with their teams too.

I would also think they would have been screaming to get these things fixed or leave the sim but obviously neither of those has happened in large enough quantities.
Or they might have asked questions with an open mind and tried to understand that the veterans may have gone through this instead of whining about it in the forums or through support tickets. Maybe people have even shared their depth charts with the community and learned how the sim operates.

You're team is not going anywhere this year, but you're not willing to share because you may have to play nachopuzzle again. Hmmmmm, what matters more one game agains nachopuzzle or the rest of your games going forward for seasons to come?
2/15/2014 12:20 PM
1|2|3...20 Next ▸
Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.