Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Okay, let's look at the "data".

Lewis:  60 ATH, 40 SPD, 64 DEF, 22 BLK  C in Man
Doe:    40 ATH, 55 SPD, 62 DEF, 15 BLK  B- in Man

vs

Bond: 67 ATH, 33 SPD, 54 LP, 16 PER  A- in Flex

Bond probably uses the "interior" scoring equation which is most likely LP and ATH the most.  Team Passing (which his two guards were above 60), SPD, PER,  and maybe BH are all minor parts of that.   That is going to be opposed by  DEF, ATH, and BLK.

Bond becomes better at scoring that those two guys are at defending HIM, because of his higher ATH and their low BLK score.   Also, the difference in IQ is significant.  

If you just look at LP vs DEF, you are only looking at 50-60% of the equation.    Those two are the MOST significant but the other factors also play a role.

Disagree with that, think I didn't do my due dilligence? Or do you think I don't know how the game works?

2/18/2014 2:48 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/18/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by killbatman on 2/18/2014 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/18/2014 12:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by killbatman on 2/18/2014 12:19:00 PM (view original):
The dude scored 8 points!  It's below his season average and nowhere close to his season high.  He's not a bad scoring option, considering how terrible the rest of that team is. 

You think it's perfectly reasonable that he shot 1/5 in the first meeting and crazy unreasonable that he shot 4/7 in the 2nd game?  If you combine the two games, it's still well below his season average FG%.  I'd say you're about an average opponent for their schedule.

Do you really think just because you put your best defender on someone that they'll shoot 2/12 or something every time?

He wasn't even getting shots. He was 2 for 9 in 73 min up to that point. So he was getting an *attempt* once about every 8 minutes. So what I think was unreasonable was him just taking over the game against the best defenders on either team.

I know it's impossible for some people to admit here, but some of my players aren't that bad in certain areas. Lewis has done a pretty good job on scorers most of the year.

It's already been explained to you multiple times, but there is no value in isolating small segments like you're doing.  Using the first 73 minutes as the baseline and complaining that the next 7 minutes differed is complete garbage, statistically speaking.  You can find a "disappointment" like that in EVERY SINGLE GAME.
Funny because that's the first time I've seen a mediocre player that was completely locked up for practically two games suddenly become superman in all the games I've played this season.
Is that supposed to be a rebuttal?  You completely missed the point as usual.
2/18/2014 3:08 PM
Are the Worlds really *that* much different in talent or is the OP just in a really weak conference?

I ask because neither of those defenders strikes me as even "good", let alone best in any conference I've seen. They're solid defenders who would probably not be targeted at the D3 level as "weak" but they certainly don't seem to be worth avoiding, and wouldn't be top 10 in any of the D3 conferences of Tark that I just checked against.
2/18/2014 3:10 PM
It's not a power conference.
2/18/2014 3:12 PM
He has no clue what constitutes a good, bad, or mediocre player at any level. He just thinks his team is to good to perform badly and whenever they lose it's because the IQ system is terrible and the engine is plotting against them.
2/18/2014 3:38 PM
This thread jumped the shark a long time ago...

Needless to say, if ettaexpress continues to play while making such consistent grumblings at perceived anomalies, than more power to him/her (I assume a him, but it's wrong to assume).

The anomalies aren't anomalies. Anything that is mechanical can only produce mechanical results. Each game is won or lost based upon percentages. Any loss in particular can go against what "should" happen, just like any win. Get your team better. Ride out this season before it is better. Otherwise, simply learn to build your team to the system.
2/18/2014 3:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/18/2014 2:48:00 PM (view original):

vs

Bond probably uses the "interior" scoring equation which is most likely LP and ATH the most.  Team Passing (which his two guards were above 60), SPD, PER,  and maybe BH are all minor parts of that.   That is going to be opposed by  DEF, ATH, and BLK.

Bond becomes better at scoring that those two guys are at defending HIM, because of his higher ATH and their low BLK score.   Also, the difference in IQ is significant.  

If you just look at LP vs DEF, you are only looking at 50-60% of the equation.    Those two are the MOST significant but the other factors also play a role.

Disagree with that, think I didn't do my due dilligence? Or do you think I don't know how the game works?

You're still not acknowledging that you're dealing with a top 3 player in the conference in defense, and a very average offensive player.

Basically you're suggesting that every point of every rating has equal value. I think that's pretty clearly not true.

Seemed to work fine for 73 minutes until the "there's no way you're winning this game" switch got flipped.
2/18/2014 5:22 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/18/2014 3:12:00 PM (view original):
It's not a power conference.
Was in the low end of the top 10 most of the year...until my team tanked. So blame us. Our division has most of the better teams in the conference.
2/18/2014 5:24 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/18/2014 3:38:00 PM (view original):
He has no clue what constitutes a good, bad, or mediocre player at any level. He just thinks his team is to good to perform badly and whenever they lose it's because the IQ system is terrible and the engine is plotting against them.
Yeah even though I bothered to actually look up where Lewis and Doe fit in among the conference leaders in the most relevant categories.

Your obsession with me is really cute. It's like a dog that follows around its master because it's scared to death it'll miss something.
2/18/2014 5:26 PM
Posted by artie40 on 2/18/2014 3:48:00 PM (view original):

Needless to say, if ettaexpress continues to play while making such consistent grumblings at perceived anomalies, than more power to him/her (I assume a him, but it's wrong to assume).

The anomalies aren't anomalies. Anything that is mechanical can only produce mechanical results. Each game is won or lost based upon percentages. Any loss in particular can go against what "should" happen, just like any win. Get your team better. Ride out this season before it is better. Otherwise, simply learn to build your team to the system.
What do you mean by building your team to the system? I'm not going to build some team that would never work in real life jsut because it would work in the sim. That's just not interesting to me. 

This season is officially ridden out...though I'd say the wagon crashed several games ago. 9-18 is pretty much the worst year I've ever had in any sim ever, but I've also never played a sim that artificially retards your team for a whole season.
2/18/2014 5:28 PM
What do you mean by building your team to the system? I'm not going to build some team that would never work in real life jsut because it would work in the sim. That's just not interesting to me.
Try a knife instead of a spoon for your broth.  Very interesting!
2/18/2014 5:42 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/18/2014 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/18/2014 2:48:00 PM (view original):

vs

You're still not acknowledging that you're dealing with a top 3 player in the conference in defense, and a very average offensive player.

Basically you're suggesting that every point of every rating has equal value. I think that's pretty clearly not true.

Seemed to work fine for 73 minutes until the "there's no way you're winning this game" switch got flipped.
I am not acknowledging it because it isnt relevant.
I am not suggesting all attributes are equal because they aren't.
I am ignoring all the other ridiculous statements.
2/18/2014 5:44 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/18/2014 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/18/2014 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Yeah even though I bothered to actually look up where Lewis and Doe fit in among the conference leaders in the most relevant categories.

Your obsession with me is really cute. It's like a dog that follows around its master because it's scared to death it'll miss something.
Your right, I don't want to miss any of the nonsensical things you say, it's quite humorous.

News flash...just because a players rating in something is better than the majority of players in the conference doesn't mean he will automatically be amazing at doing whatever that is. Besides, despite how our conference was ranked this season because of rpi, it is below average (or average at best) when it comes to player quality. I would go through and explain why what happened is no big surprise, but others have already done so.
2/18/2014 5:45 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/18/2014 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by artie40 on 2/18/2014 3:48:00 PM (view original):

This season is officially ridden out...though I'd say the wagon crashed several games ago. 9-18 is pretty much the worst year I've ever had in any sim ever, but I've also never played a sim that artificially retards your team for a whole season.
It's a bit useless to complain that the game isnt working right if you arent learning how the game is actually working. Depth charts only count for a small percentage of why you'll win or lose a game. Wonky substitution patterns are a small pct too. The key is recruiting. If your team is close in talent and you are missing certain aspects, it's difficukt to gameplan to a win. You can put your team into an optimal lineup, or what you think or tinker to an optimal lineup, or run matchups or double teams, but in the end it ends up being a talent and IQ and depth and your lineup-mix game. Looking at the pbp has some limited value for things like fouls in M2M or TO against a press. Or for if your late game settings are working like you want. It can't give you any satisfaction if you just want it to produce the results you expect. If the other team was more talented overall, and it was tight, than you gameplanned pretty well. If you're even and you're losing, than you need to keep tinkering. I would love it if this worked like 'real' basketball, but that assumes that i know what real basketball would result from a player to whom I only have numerical values for 12 different attributes in my Flex and M2M system.
2/18/2014 10:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...20 Next ▸
Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.