No longer good to be in 2 leagues!! Topic

Posted by smoelheim on 2/18/2014 8:24:00 AM (view original):
I really think keithjs nailed it on the head, and you never responded.

Did you go to the "World Office" page? That is the page that resets your "last logged in" date.

If you have the lineup page, or pitching staff page, or any other page bookmarked, and never go to the World Office, your login date won't be reset.
This is true.  It seems to be the visit to the "World Office" page that triggers the "last login" timestamp.
2/18/2014 8:36 AM
Wait a second...I did some research, and I think it's the World Office page.
2/18/2014 9:54 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/18/2014 8:33:00 AM (view original):

Since we're sharing credentials . . . I have over 31 years as a technical IT professional, I have both a B.S. and an M.S. in Computer Science, and I've given technical presentations at multiple industry conferences and user groups.  So I also understand programming and how computers work, just a little bit.

As I mentioned, I use Chrome as my browser at home, I use IE as my browser at work, and I have not experiened this problem with either browser.  If this were a pervasive issue, then other HBD users would have been all over this long before you posted here yesterday.

My experience in following these forums is that 99% of the time when users are seeing "weird" browser problems, clearing the cookies from your browser will resolve the abnormal behavior.  I would suggest that you try it (if you haven't already), and if that does not resolve it, then open a ticket with WIS (if you haven't already).

There are lots of folks here in the forum that are willing to try to help.  Dismissing thir comments and suggestions, which are often given from actual experience, doesn't really get you any further along.

Computers were around 31 years ago?
2/18/2014 2:42 PM
Yep, big ones that were very reliable and didn't crash and need to be rebooted all the time like today's toys.
2/18/2014 3:05 PM
Chrome is obv not as good as everyone thinks it is, obv
2/18/2014 3:49 PM

tec and his home computer in 1968.

2/18/2014 3:54 PM
A clear violation of the Cease and Desist order I had put against you for posting personal photographs of me on teh interwebz.

Expect a call from my lawyer.
2/18/2014 5:19 PM
tec's lawyer on his cell phone

2/18/2014 6:26 PM
Posted by sdjessie on 2/18/2014 8:12:00 AM (view original):
I have played 45 seasons and I teach and have written texts in IS .... I had never experienced this before ...and yet the comment here seem to give no credence to a possible conflict of browsers caused by updates ... or any conflicts in programming in HBD ... and if the programming is wedded to Microsoft there could be conflicts ... for example if you download Strat-O-Matic using Chrome you are not able to properly install the hockey game but it works fine if you download with IE.... the email I got follows:... ..." I'm a little concerned at this point because you have been absent for over 4 days. We need you back manning the ship within 24 hours or else we're going to have the AI take over the system.  You'll receive another email from me if that occurs.

I've got my fingers crossed that you've been on vacation and plan on returning!"  
And I really do not believe "yoga" will help to resolve the situation ... it is kind of like a suggestion " bury your head in the sand and your problem will go away."
   When I first posted the situation in one of my leagues this is the type of response I got there "I've seen it happen more than once,even happened to our commissioner. It's WIS;send them a ticket"

Please let us know where you teach. Your creative writing style and use of ellipses is something which should be promoted.
2/19/2014 9:21 AM
There are few literary devices as powerful as... the dramatic pause
2/19/2014 10:39 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/18/2014 6:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sdjessie on 2/18/2014 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Some of these comments make me seem like a moron which I am not ... I did go to the page as I changed lineups ... clearing out cookies has little to do with anything ... I do not know what "nothing has to be fixed means" ... if it views me as not logging in and then changes my lineups then ...  ...  OK never mind ...  it is not worth it ...I guess nobody sees it as a problem if changes are made to a lineup that I would not have made ...  I give up trying to explain .... 

Nobody else is experiencing these problems.  And it sounds like this is something that only recently started to occur for you.  As others said, this seems to be something that is unique to your particular computer/browser.  Not necessarily WIS's fault.

A ticket with them may shed some light on the subject, but my guess is that it's 99.9% likely that the problem is on your end, and not theirs.

BTW . . . I also use Chrome at home, typically check my teams in the same order every time as you do, and am not seeing these problems.

Seems to be the World Office is the problem ... and as far as nobody else I have had plenty of comments in the leagues I am in like the following: "Yes, we accidently rep[laced and owner in Maris one time that had appeared to not have logged in for over 2 weeks. Come to find out, he always kept a browser open to his HBD team, and somehow managed to never go to the World Office."   It also seems like the programming change would not be insurmountable to be able to verify that a visit to a page or a change in the team was made ... and the comment about "cookies" appears to be a standard help desk type response which is usually not helpful ... but just to end it ... there appears to be other incidents of this occurring and the statement "Nobody else is experiencing these problems" seems to be a quite pompous response and it also appears to be quite in inaccurate. And of course I sent a ticket in ... why would anyone presume that I did not ... I just thought this forum might be helpful ... but that was bad judgement on ym part except for the one or 2 that spoke of the World Office situation.
2/19/2014 10:49 AM
Quite often, when experiencing problems such as these, the first place many people go is to the forums to see if others are experiencing the same thing.

There were no other threads on this particular issue.  And nobody else was jumping in to this thread ti say "hey, me too!".  So perhaps I should have said "Nobody else is reporting these problems in the HBD forums".  Please forgive me for this egregious misstatement on my part.

As to your "forum experience" . . . maybe you should review your posts to evaluate how you came across when folks were trying to help you.  You come off as dismissive of suggestions and as a "victim".

As to the "cookies" suggestion . . . if you spend any time in the forums reading through "problem" threads, you will find MANY instances of suggestions to clear cookies to address a browser problem, with subsequent responses of "that fixed it, thanks".  So perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss valid suggestions.

Have a great day.
2/19/2014 11:01 AM
Presentation matters. 

Even on the internet.
2/19/2014 11:12 AM
To break it down:

I guess the company no longer desires managers to own 2 teams ... I think they probably want people to own dozens of teams.   False assumption and you know it.

I am in 2 leagues and check both every day ... I go to the Negro league first ... then to LEG ...just got an email saying I had not logged into LEG for 4 days and the AI was going to take over my team ... what kind of crap is that!!!! I did see that it showed the 14th so I logged in again and went to LEG first and it seemed to show up OK ... You confirm that the system does not show you logging in but now it does.   The assumption on my part is that you simply forgot to check your other world.   Happens to most people with multiple teams.

but why have you go through needless work ,,, a BUNCH OF CRAP!!!! When i tried to paste this message in it says because of my browser I must use CTRL + V ... I use Google Chrome - the most used browser worldwide ... .will probably not renew teams even though I have played for years   Now you've played the victim who will probably just take his ball and go home.
2/19/2014 11:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2014 11:22:00 AM (view original):
To break it down:

I guess the company no longer desires managers to own 2 teams ... I think they probably want people to own dozens of teams.   False assumption and you know it.

I am in 2 leagues and check both every day ... I go to the Negro league first ... then to LEG ...just got an email saying I had not logged into LEG for 4 days and the AI was going to take over my team ... what kind of crap is that!!!! I did see that it showed the 14th so I logged in again and went to LEG first and it seemed to show up OK ... You confirm that the system does not show you logging in but now it does.   The assumption on my part is that you simply forgot to check your other world.   Happens to most people with multiple teams.

but why have you go through needless work ,,, a BUNCH OF CRAP!!!! When i tried to paste this message in it says because of my browser I must use CTRL + V ... I use Google Chrome - the most used browser worldwide ... .will probably not renew teams even though I have played for years   Now you've played the victim who will probably just take his ball and go home.
And your input is of the nature " take your ball and go home" is it not?
  I make changes daily but your assumption is that I forgot ... are you again saying " take your ball and go home."
2/19/2014 12:09 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
No longer good to be in 2 leagues!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.