Blowing a lot of saves. Help. Topic

Not to be ignored as well is substandard SS and CF defence, and meh D at 2B.

Or defense if you are American.
2/20/2014 4:10 PM
Why wouldn't I be American?
2/20/2014 6:00 PM
Your dull wit seems to indicate you might be Canadian, eh?
2/20/2014 6:48 PM
So another question is what's the trick to getting players to reach their full potential? Coaches? Cause I have a couple relievers down in the minors that could turn out pretty well.
2/20/2014 11:50 PM
Posted by kevintam90 on 2/20/2014 11:50:00 PM (view original):
So another question is what's the trick to getting players to reach their full potential? Coaches? Cause I have a couple relievers down in the minors that could turn out pretty well.
Very few players reach their full potential. Playing time seems to be the most important factor. Followed by coaching.
2/21/2014 4:20 AM
We don't know what a player's full potential is.   

Playing time, coaching and training are the three factors that affect development.    Not sure anyone knows what's the most important.
2/21/2014 9:18 AM
...Treating all three as if they were equally important is probably your best bet
2/21/2014 9:39 AM
Mike is right. I forgot Training budget. That seems to be very important. Maybe more than coaching in that you're probably not going to be between a HiA H Coach with a rating of 80 and a rating of 20. More likely it will be between a 55 and a 50.

Health probably belongs on the list. The higher the budget, the better they bounce back from an injury. You'll play your best prospects a lot to max their development, so they are more likely to get hurt. Health is an insurance policy.

2/21/2014 2:56 PM
I think playing time and coaching are the factors for the "learned" skills while training affects the "natural" skills.

Coaching/playing time won't turn a 88 power into a 94 power.   That's training.
20m in training will not turn a 68 glove into a 93 glove.   That's coaching/playing time. 

FWIW, I've seen players who didn't play gain points in "learned" skills.   Not much but a little.  That's why I think coaching/playing time work with one another to maximize development in those areas.
2/21/2014 4:14 PM
◂ Prev 12
Blowing a lot of saves. Help. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.