Where is the line? (thread locked, I believe) Topic

My core suggestion is that it would be helpful if all concerned stopped talking about posters and spoke about what posters post in the way of analysis, reasoning, information and the like..
2/24/2014 9:38 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/24/2014 1:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 2/23/2014 10:46:00 PM (view original):
So, Gillispie gives you GREAT advice, delivered in a kind way, and you compare it to the "kind of thinking [that] led to mass suicide, genocide, hazing rituals resulting in damage up to and including death, the widespread bullying problem in schools today, gang violence, and numerous other problems"?

That's amazing.
Oh crap, forgot...supposed to be silent and genuflect. 

Yes, m'lord. Thank you, m'lord.
Is there really no middle ground between genuflecting and being argumentative?
2/24/2014 9:48 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/23/2014 10:18:00 PM (view original):
I'm still waiting to see what the total payout would be on letting them pay me off. Everyone talking a good game but no one actually putting dollar signs down.
I already offered you money to just quit and stop belittling people that I respect. Instead of addressing the offer, you had issues with my proposed method of money transfer. Offer still stands. Don't like Paypal, no problem. How about Western Union? Certified Check? Mail you a bag of silver dollars? What would it take? Seriously, let me know and I'll send it at once if you promise to never post again upon receipt...
2/24/2014 10:46 AM
Someone else offered double...but never said double what.

So what's the actual dollar value of the offer? If you actual put a number down or in effect did, then humor me because I've forgotten the details.
2/24/2014 12:15 PM (edited)
Posted by dacj501 on 2/24/2014 10:46:00 AM (view original):
I'm still waiting to see what the total payout would be on letting them pay me off. Everyone talking a good game but no one actually putting dollar signs down.
I already offered you money to just quit and stop belittling people that I respect. Instead of addressing the offer, you had issues with my proposed method of money transfer. Offer still stands. Don't like Paypal, no problem. How about Western Union? Certified Check? Mail you a bag of silver dollars? What would it take? Seriously, let me know and I'll send it at once if you promise to never post again upon receipt...
Do you really believe someone that behaves in the way Ettaexpress has would actually honor their word on such a promise?
2/24/2014 12:13 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 2/24/2014 9:38:00 AM (view original):
My core suggestion is that it would be helpful if all concerned stopped talking about posters and spoke about what posters post in the way of analysis, reasoning, information and the like..
No traction for this view?
2/24/2014 12:25 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/24/2014 12:15:00 PM (view original):

So what's the actual dollar value of the offer? If you actual put a number down or in effect did, then humor me because I've forgotten the details.
in the original thread you stated that you wanted your money returned because you felt mislead and cheated. I get the sense you still harbor those feelings. I don't personally like the way you interact with some people that I respect, so I would be more than happy to refund the money you feel you were cheated out of so that you can leave the site feeling 'whole'. I am not going to reward you for your actions by paying more than you are out. I don't dislike your comments that much. 

Now you need to profit off of this too?

My offer is simple. You paid $4.95 for a 1st season special and $12.95 for a second season. Even though you've played most of that 1st season, in good faith and to keep it simple I'll ignore that and go with a full refund. To be even more generous, I'll round it up to $20. I'm willing to lose a couple sawbucks to remove you from my life. 

::edited to add - you are, of course, fully entitled to decide you want to stay with the game, for whatever reasons, even if it is that you (somehow) find entertainment value or joy from these threads. That's great if that's your choice, but if so, please in the future be wary of complaining about your fiduciary loss regarding the game. By refusing my offer for fair reimbursement you in effect forfeit the right to be indignant about the money you "lost".

2/24/2014 12:58 PM (edited)
Posted by wildcat98 on 2/24/2014 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 2/24/2014 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Do you really believe someone that behaves in the way Ettaexpress has would actually honor their word on such a promise?
honestly, not really. Or, to be more clear, I'm not sure that if "ettaexpress" left tomorrow someone with a different name but a strikingly similar attitude wouldn't pop up tomorrow...

required disclaimer: Someone asked for my opinion. I am not stating anything as fact, nor implying I know details about a person that I do not. 
2/24/2014 12:54 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 2/24/2014 12:58:00 PM (view original):

in the original thread you stated that you wanted your money returned because you felt mislead and cheated. I get the sense you still harbor those feelings. I don't personally like the way you interact with some people that I respect, so I would be more than happy to refund the money you feel you were cheated out of so that you can leave the site feeling 'whole'. I am not going to reward you for your actions by paying more than you are out. I don't dislike your comments that much. 

My offer is simple. You paid $4.95 for a 1st season special and $12.95 for a second season. Even though you've played most of that 1st season, in good faith and to keep it simple I'll ignore that and go with a full refund. To be even more generous, I'll round it up to $20. I'm willing to lose a couple sawbucks to remove you from my life. 

::edited to add - you are, of course, fully entitled to decide you want to stay with the game, for whatever reasons, even if it is that you (somehow) find entertainment value or joy from these threads. That's great if that's your choice, but if so, please in the future be wary of complaining about your fiduciary loss regarding the game. By refusing my offer for fair reimbursement you in effect forfeit the right to be indignant about the money you "lost".

Ok so that's clear. 

I can't find the thread where that was posted, so who was the person that said they'd double it?

As for being concerned about reneging, that's an easy solution. Just ban the screen name from posting on the boards. For 60 bucks, I'd consent to it. Log the IP if you want. Then I just play the game and either suffer or succeed in silence, or leave quietly. Either way, you never hear from me again. 
2/24/2014 2:56 PM
lol!!! never thought I'd see it come to this... wow.
2/24/2014 2:58 PM
Wait, what the hell? This guy has 27 career HD games and 604 posts?
2/24/2014 2:58 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM (view original):

Ok so that's clear. 

I can't find the thread where that was posted, so who was the person that said they'd double it?

As for being concerned about reneging, that's an easy solution. Just ban the screen name from posting on the boards. For 60 bucks, I'd consent to it. Log the IP if you want. Then I just play the game and either suffer or succeed in silence, or leave quietly. Either way, you never hear from me again. 
no thank you. I am willing to make you whole in terms of letting you leave without feeling you lost money on the deal, but I have no interest in rewarding you financially for your behavior. Good luck with everything.
2/24/2014 3:08 PM
Posted by rednation58 on 2/24/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
lol!!! never thought I'd see it come to this... wow.
If it works though, sounds like a great new career opportunity for the right kind of - individual...
2/24/2014 3:13 PM
I guess its time to abandon the forums for a while until a decontamination occurs.
2/24/2014 3:14 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 2/24/2014 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/24/2014 2:57:00 PM (view original):

Ok so that's clear. 

no thank you. I am willing to make you whole in terms of letting you leave without feeling you lost money on the deal, but I have no interest in rewarding you financially for your behavior. Good luck with everything.
But you're not. You're just paying me the 20 to remove me from your life. Nothing's changed for you.

I'm just asking for the other person who offered double that to step up. Anyone else that wants to sweeten the deal is also welcome to do so. 

2/24/2014 3:18 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Where is the line? (thread locked, I believe) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.