Hardin-Simmons - 126 (Uptempo)
Wittier - 106 (Uptempo)

Piedmont - 89 (Uptempo)
Vassar - 79 (Slowdown)

Dickinson - 84 (Uptempo)
Calvin - 61 (Slowdown)

Lake Erie - 64 (Slowdown)
Dallas - 53 (Normal)

Geez Tarvolon, I saw your game and it couldn't have felt good to watch the game assign all those fouls to your best player, so fast! I swear the engine picks a target in some of the games and says, "You! Don't bother suiting up because we've already decided you're going to foul out." You really do get some bad luck in the elite 8- still quite an impressive season for any of us normal coaches.

Starr was way off in regards to the Hardin-Simmons game (which does not factor in for game-planning). What do you guys think, would Wittier have fared better with the Starr Engines line-up or tempo? What do you think?
The Whittier score is extremely misleading.  Hardin-Simmons outscored them 23-3 in overtime.
4/16/2014 11:14 AM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to check that when I opened the box score to open and see the tempos. I just read the game log. I actually didn't check for OT for any of the games. Yeah that definitely misled me, then. 23 to 3, wow, how does that happen in an OT?
4/16/2014 2:33 PM
Posted by ezekialstarr on 4/16/2014 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Final game scores and tempos:

Hardin-Simmons - 126 (Uptempo)
Wittier - 106 (Uptempo)

Piedmont - 89 (Uptempo)
Vassar - 79 (Slowdown)

Dickinson - 84 (Uptempo)
Calvin - 61 (Slowdown)

Lake Erie - 64 (Slowdown)
Dallas - 53 (Normal)

Geez Tarvolon, I saw your game and it couldn't have felt good to watch the game assign all those fouls to your best player, so fast! I swear the engine picks a target in some of the games and says, "You! Don't bother suiting up because we've already decided you're going to foul out." You really do get some bad luck in the elite 8- still quite an impressive season for any of us normal coaches.

Starr was way off in regards to the Hardin-Simmons game (which does not factor in for game-planning). What do you guys think, would Wittier have fared better with the Starr Engines line-up or tempo? What do you think?
Nope, that did not make me feel good. I saw him pick up that second foul in the early going and I thought "welp, thought I had an edge there, but it looks like it's going to be another Elite Eight exist." My best defensive player and my best offensive player picking up so many fouls in so short a time. Really hurt. 

And slim, I woke up at 5 AM, checked my scores, got depressed because of the loss, had trouble going back to bed, and then remembered I was supposed to substitute teach a sophomore-level college course today and had totally forgotten about it. So I pulled up Don Williams' article on tropes, read it, and then went back to bed at like 7 AM. 
4/16/2014 3:02 PM
Some upsets last night. So who do you guys pick, Grove City or Dickinson?

I guess it's fitting then that PlatoIsek won the CCCotY, with 7 votes. Westcoast came in 2nd with 4.
Joshua Wallace won CCMVP, with 9 votes. Thanks guys :)
4/17/2014 8:30 AM
Wow, both unbeatens go down in the Final Four...huge stunner last night in Rupp. I really thought Hardin-Simmons and Piedmont were on a collision course and Piedmont was looking positively money as I think they'd only had one team stay within single digits of them all season until last night.

Good luck tonight to Grove and Dickinson -- looks like a good championship pairing. I'll give the edge/kiss of death to Dickinson.
4/17/2014 3:39 PM
looks like you pegged it right, rednu :)
4/18/2014 6:08 PM
Stats!

Players: onedrive.live.com/redir
Team Offense: onedrive.live.com/redir
Team Defense: onedrive.live.com/redir

4/18/2014 10:52 PM
Bullman do you know if onedrive has the same functionality as Excel offline? Or are there less features available?
4/19/2014 11:19 AM
The University has a couple great job openings this season, in case anyone is interested in moving. Discodave has moved on and left a B+ prestige Louisiana club coming off two straight NT bids. And phalla has left Emory. They made the NT in every one of his 11 seasons and the Sweet Sixteen in 10 of them, including back to back titles in seasons 66 and 67. They still have A+ prestige (of course) and six scholarships available this season.  
4/19/2014 2:52 PM
Darn, where did Phalla go? Did he leave Rupp completely? He was awesome.
4/19/2014 5:53 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
The University has a couple great job openings this season, in case anyone is interested in moving. Discodave has moved on and left a B+ prestige Louisiana club coming off two straight NT bids. And phalla has left Emory. They made the NT in every one of his 11 seasons and the Sweet Sixteen in 10 of them, including back to back titles in seasons 66 and 67. They still have A+ prestige (of course) and six scholarships available this season.  
I second Tarv's post!

Come join the best conference in D3 Rupp!  :)

And my team is young next year so come kick Ozarks' ***!
4/19/2014 6:18 PM
Posted by ezekialstarr on 4/19/2014 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Bullman do you know if onedrive has the same functionality as Excel offline? Or are there less features available?
I suspect that the online Excel app is a trimmed down version, but do not know for sure.
4/19/2014 7:04 PM
Posted by ezekialstarr on 4/19/2014 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Darn, where did Phalla go? Did he leave Rupp completely? He was awesome.
Looks like phalla is D2 only now. 
4/19/2014 7:29 PM
With Westcoast as the coach, it would be a struggle for me even against one of his young teams I bet.

Thanks Bullman I thought so but was hopeful. Google has some serious stability issues. It's formulas do not always work correctly and sometimes a formula that was working perfectly will stop working out of the blue and return wrong information or maybe no information at all (sometimes with an error message and sometimes without). It's been... extremely frustrating. I tried switching over but Onedrive has a size limit of 5mb so gave up on the idea. I've been wondering if I should just do everything in Excel offline on my old pc.

Hey by the way guys, Happy Easter! I am going to have an Easter egg hunt on the website: http://StarrEngine.yolasite.com/updates.php
I definitely encourage all of you to check it out, because for one if a lot of you are trying to find them, it will really be fun! For two they'll probably all be found in a matter of 30 minutes or so and for 3, there's a nice prize for the guy who finds the most. You can read more about it on the link I posted and I will post again with how many eggs I've hidden.
4/19/2014 10:36 PM
I hid 20 eggs, man that took longer than I expected. I'll open the event at 9:00am EST, have fun!!!
4/20/2014 1:00 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.