D3, Season 72 Topic

Just like a well-trained dog, Rupp has rolled over (good boy!)...let's hear the status reports for anyone who moved on, who moved in and any other topics of interest (can anyone beat Piedmont this season?)

3/3/2014 8:50 AM
I'm happy to report that coach rwright (formerly of Connecticut College and of Curry) has returned to Rupp and taken the reins at long-dormant St. John Fisher in the Empire 8.  Simmy's been in charge at SJF for the past 13 seasons, and the school hasn't had an NT appearance since season 26 (and hasn't won a postseason game in even longer--back in season 12 in the PIT, and in the NT as part of an Elite 8 run back in season 6).
3/3/2014 9:33 AM
The OAC bids farewell to Ekulka and Tyne and welcomes Scaturo to the OAC. Down 1 from last season, but I think Scaturo will be more involved then the departing two, so we're happy to have him! Welcome aboured Scaturo!
3/3/2014 10:29 AM
can anyone beat Piedmont this season?
I'm gonna go with "no"
3/3/2014 11:07 AM
The NCAC continues to get stronger and welcomes another coach with multiple titles, Pepwaves!
3/3/2014 1:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome, darnoc!  I'm looking forward to helping North Coast get to the top of Rupp, where it belongs.  I heard those other "top" conferences are overrated, especially the spasticity-led Great NE.  
3/3/2014 5:10 PM
I was a bit early above. The OAC would also like to welcome Crno1 to our conference.
3/3/2014 5:45 PM
Posted by pepwaves on 3/3/2014 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the welcome, darnoc!  I'm looking forward to helping North Coast get to the top of Rupp, where it belongs.  I heard those other "top" conferences are overrated, especially the spasticity-led Great NE.  
3/3/2014 6:44 PM
lol. great scene. 

You're just a bag of bones, spasticity!
3/3/2014 7:41 PM
Hey that's not me, it's our mascot!  He puts on a spider monkey costume and runs around acting like a spas all game.

Ok fine, it's me.

3/4/2014 10:01 AM
Wow...Spider Monkeys?  That's amazing.  Why do D3 schools have the best mascots?
3/4/2014 12:04 PM
The Spider Monkey beat up the Wildcat we used to have.
3/4/2014 3:05 PM
The Scots fought hard. Maybe they will not take St. Patricks day off.
3/4/2014 8:00 PM
New Coaches Lost Coaches Team Changes
Coach Team Coach Team Coach NewTeam OldTeam
ballallday34 Alvernia favre3xmvp Millikin crwkmw123 Amherst Illinois
scaturo Baldwin-Wallace pork_melon Carnegie Mellon dickg Chowan E. Connecticut St.
whitt3 Beloit bigdogprathe Concordia (WI) letchkins Fitchburg St. Scranton
diamond24 Bridgewater jcskids New Jersey City simpixut574 Simpson Macalester
ctman Carnegie Mellon goldenboy00 Manchester      
rupp Chestnut Hill wildcat98 Augustana (IL)      
smj4740 DePauw aletotheking Mississippi College      
ab90 E. Connecticut St. ekulka Ohio Northern      
alecmac15 Fontbonne tlyne Muskingum      
pepwaves Hiram cooleagleb Adrian      
daydaw Lake Forest erv2001 Alvernia      
bhall33 Marywood curtis36 City College of NY      
dgravs Menlo twarnold DePauw      
tgifreitag5 Millikin benwich George Fox      
tonyand1 Mississippi College tnich Grinnell      
drzachary Norwich keeganation Johnson St.      
dnbrown19 Puget Sound rvaparks La Grange      
rwright St. John Fisher tiyob90 Marymount      
kwietstorm St. John's eddiesutton Mount St. Mary      
crno1 Wilmington profgreen Simpson      
    mrksnchez SUNY, Farmingdale      
    gwwest12 Tufts      
    ahyde55 Whitman      
3/4/2014 11:43 PM
Nice work bullman! I was scanning for coaching departures earlier today...ekulka left Ohio Northern after 18 seasons. tiyob90 leaves Marymount having lost his last 82 consecutive games...another season and he could have challenged reigny for what was likely the all-time mark. Millikin and Rupp D3 loses a great coach in favre...he and I have battled several times over in Naismith. cooleagleb was at Adrian for 10 seasons, but never got back to the post season after a PIT invite in his first year. profgreen was 50-11 in his two seasons at Simpson.

I'm sure I'm missing a bit still, but that was everything that jumps at me from off the list.

3/5/2014 12:30 AM
1|2|3...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.