D3, Season 72 Topic

I think we should vote. Based on the game's I covered, Tommy Andrews, Joshua Wallace, Donald Zipkin, Bobby Lujan and McCaffree all performed terrifically. Ralph Kim and Melvin Riddles were new to the list when I stopped but looked promising. I've put up their stats and highlighted the players in bright green that I would really peg to win the MVP this season, the lighter green are players I could see winning but might not expect it as much. Maybe I'm biased but I would put Joshua Wallace in the top two because of the SOS and probably pick Donald Zipkin for MVP. He didn't win Game of the Night MVP as much, but he was always consistently awesome. Maybe it'll help you all with your votes, here's their stats, rpi and sos:

http://starrengine.yolasite.com/

On the top, you'll see a "MVPotN" tab which shows all the games I covered if you want to delve deeper. I think the voting should be today and tomorrow and end the day the CT ends, what do you guys think? I would expect a lot of these guys to make the all-american list for DII Rupp this season.
4/10/2014 2:01 PM
I nominate darnoc for coach of the year (no offense pseudochamp).
4/10/2014 2:34 PM
Here are the season stats: onedrive.live.com/redir
My vote is for McCaffree of Emerson.

Are we going to vote on worst player, too?  I kind of like Holloway of Brooklyn with the stellar 29% shooting from the field on 14+ FGA per game.
4/10/2014 2:55 PM
COY- I'm going with platoisek.

I give him a slight edge over darnoc considering where each was last season.

Both had incredible years ... and that North Coast is a beast!
4/10/2014 3:14 PM
Should we do a poll?  Any volunteers?
4/10/2014 3:38 PM
I'll give it to Plato then too, he did have a great season and he's my brother. He's been on a role BTW, he won a title in some other world he plays in a couple weeks ago and was in the championship game in Crum a couple days later. But yeah Darnoc has been unstoppable this year and he's about to remind me of that tonight, unfortunately.
4/10/2014 3:38 PM
I'll do it Bullman buddy, give me 20 minutes.
4/10/2014 3:39 PM
I put it on the website but here is a direct link: http://poll.pollcode.com/99296495

You guys want me to make one for CotY? I don't mind, just give me all the recommendations you can think of and I'll put them in the running.

4/10/2014 4:09 PM
I nominate Tarvolon as CotY.  Took Dallas from 5-11 to 11-5 in the toughest conference in D3 Rupp and to a possible 1/2 seed in the NT.
4/10/2014 10:52 PM
I think westcoast should be nominated for the same points he makes about tarvolon in the post above.  also, I think you have to consider bunkerbuster.  yeah it may be easier to coach a dominant SR/JR super class team,  but he deserves credit for building the team.  also, having an undefeated record and the clear cut #1 team in the country has to count for something IMO.
4/11/2014 8:09 AM
hard not to give some credit for bunker.... heck of a team.  will be interesting to see if he gets upset in the NT.
4/11/2014 10:58 AM

He is definitely in the running for CotY. The depth on that team is outstanding. The bench players alone would make a deep run in the tourney (which we will see happen next season).

I've also got to nominate cowboytrout. Emerson's first conference championship since season 59 and first 20 win season since season 63. What he and Arthur McBuckets have done this season in an always competive GNE conference has been really impressive, well, at least against teams not named Emmanual.

4/11/2014 11:21 AM
How about we accept nominations for coty for the rest of the day and vote starting tomorrow? 
4/11/2014 2:07 PM
I'd like to nominate myself for coach of the year mainly because I have a pretty cool username and for that one game this season when I decided at the last moment to go +2 defensive positioning instead of +1.  I don't remember which game it was and I don't remember if I won, but believe me +2 was a stroke of genius.  Brilliant stuff.
4/11/2014 2:23 PM
so we got Pseudochamp, Darnoc, Plato, BunkerBuster, westcoast, tarvolon, cowboytrout... am I missing anyone? I agree with Bullman, what do you guys say we'll continue nominations until midnight tonight and then I'll draw up the poll and we can give it a couple days for the CotY?
4/11/2014 2:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.