D3, Season 72 Topic

Hey Pseudochamp Nastynick and I are driving thru Wooster. We are on the way to Pittsburgh. There is no banner, street ,road or anything celebrating your Championship. I'm guessing there were some recruiting violations and Wooster locals know this. It's a taboo subject knowing that team and coach are going to be like the Fab 5 banners. Lol
3/13/2014 12:44 PM
Tilldog I live in Pittsburgh (quite a commute to coach a [fake] team in Lynchburg, VA so I mostly coach practices via the internet).  When you reach Pittsburgh you will find a banner celebrating Lynchburg's (fake) D3 championship (granted it's in my yard but it still does exist).
3/13/2014 3:07 PM
Easy explanation for that tilldog.  A bunch of celebratory banners went up after Wooster's national championship but they were so damn popular with collectors and rabid Fighting Scots fans that they kept getting stolen.  The city and school decided that it would be too expensive to keep replacing them so they just stopped.  Don't tell anyone, but I have five of them in my basement.
3/13/2014 3:48 PM
Sometimes I feel that it's more important to score nice round numbers than it is to actually score more than your opponent.

Last Night
#10 Dickinson 85   #24 Wooster 60
We're going to try something a little different today, it's a HotN writeup.  Half of the Night.  Home team Wooster came out of the gate hot in this one, bursting out to an early 11-1 lead after four minutes.  The visitors managed to recover and quickly closed the gap but were unable to pull even until tying it at 21 with just under eight minutes left in the half.  The teams traded baskets the rest of the way with Dickinson sinking a floater with forty seconds on the clock to send the teams into the locker rooms in a tight contest, 33-32 Wooster.  Overall it was quite the thrilling first half, certainly one to remember.

Also considered: #2 Greensboro cruised past Louisiana 103-63, #8 Wittenberg outlasted John Carroll 76-69, #9 North Carolina Wesleyan got a big second half to put away Worcester St. 76-57, #12 Willamette got the road win over Penn St. Altoona 64-53, #15 Dallas got past SUNY Cortland 63-53, and #17 Christopher Newport survived a double overtime thriller against Wisconsin La Crosse 91-83.

Sim blowout watch: Another night of covers as New York U got close enough to #7 Oglethorpe 50-76 and William Paterson fell to #23 Rivier 49-92.

GotN
#16 Hendrix (3-0)(carson333) at #12 Willamette (3-0)(bullman17)
It's University visiting the Northwest conference as we have a nice clash of ranked and undefeated teams.  This is the first meeting between these two coaches and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.  However, that might be a rounding error and Willamette is actually favored by 0.000039 points.

Also considered: #10 Dickinson at #18 Lynchburg, #15 Dallas at Transylvania, Texas Lutheran at #20 Ozarks, #24 Wooster at John Carroll, and #25 Emerson at Maryville

Sim blowout watch: Wesley is geting 57 points as they host #7 Oglethorpe.
3/13/2014 4:18 PM
How about we skip the GOTN write up for today?
3/14/2014 11:41 AM
Look on the bright side, at least you are still ranked, and you are only 3-1 with the #2 SOS.
3/14/2014 12:26 PM
Sorry bullman, if I have to type out a 25 point Wooster loss then no one gets a free pass.  I can't just skip your game entirely.

Last Night
#10 Hendrix 73   #24 Willamette 58
I can however offer you another Half of the Night writeup.  The first half was an exciting affair with the two teams taking turns making drives to take small leads, where neither team was able to assert control.  The visitors managed to knock down a couple shots in a row at the end and went into the locker room with a not-insignificant 33-26 lead.  If only we could find out what happened in the second half, oh well, moving on.

Also considered: #7 Dickinson pulled away from Lynchburg for a 85-75 road win, #9 Dallas took care of Transylvania 75-61, #15 Ozarks outshot Texas Lutheran in the second half to win 85-58, John Carroll built a big first half lead and coasted to a 77-65 home victory over Wooster, and #19 Emerson stormed back to get the 70-54 win over Maryville.

Sim blowout watch: Wesley didn't exactly keep this one close but it was good enough for the cover against #13 Oglethorpe 53-85.

GotN
#3 Ursinus (4-0)(barjaz) at #14 Johnson and Wales (4-0)(spasticity)
We've got three games between ranked teams tonight including this one with the Centennial conference visiting the Great Northeast.  Both teams are perfect so far and have been climbing up the rankings.  spasticity has a slim 6-5 lead in the series but the visitors are favored by 1.

Also considered: #7 Dickinson at #24 Willamette, #8 Wittenberg at #18 Emory, #13 Oglethorpe at Medgar Evers, #17 Christopher Newport at Emory and Henry, #23 Palm Beach Atlantic at Allegheny, and Susquehanna at #25 Millsaps

Sim blowout watch: Winless Macalester is getting a hefty 73 points as they travel to top-ranked Piedmont.
3/14/2014 3:52 PM
Piedmont and Greensboro swapped the top two spots in the rankings, the voters changed their minds on which undefeated team looked prettier.

Last Night
#3 Ursinus 82   #21 Johnson and Wales 76
Cool, finally a game with two halves worth recapping.  About five minutes into the game, the score was 3-0 J-Dub.  I didn't say the entirety of each half was worth recapping.  After that barn-burner of a start, both teams picked up the scoring and traded leads for awhile until the visitors were able to close out the half on a run to lead at the break 42-34.  Ursinus was able to fend off repeated comebacks by J-Dub in the second half with the home team closing to within 6 with about a minute to play.  But Ursinus made enough free throws to finish off the impressive road win.

Also considered: #7 Dickinson came back in the second half to down Willamette 81-67, #8 Wittenberg was in control throughout in a 65-55 victory at Emory, #9 Oglethorpe cruised past Medgar Evers 83-63, #18 Emory and Henry scored the upset over previously ranked Christopher Newport 78-68, it took two overtime sessions but #19 Palm Beach Atlantic finally took care of Allegheny 87-85, and #20 Millsaps edged Susquehanna 74-71.  Susquehanna is a fun name to type.  That's it.

Sim blowout watch: Macalester stayed winless but kept the scoring in double digits and got the cover against #2 Piedmont 58-99.

GotN
#10 Dallas (5-0)(tarvolon) at #19 Palm Beach Atlantic (4-1)(osgonlz)
Two more games with ranked teams including this University/USA South matchup.  Dallas looks to continue their unbeaten streak while PBA is probably hoping for a win in regulation after playing extra minutes last night.  osgonlz has won all four meetings between these two but the visitors are favored by a single point.

Also considered: #21 Johnson and Wales at #4 Vassar, #1 Greensboro at Eureka, Texas Lutheran at #2 Piedmont, Emory at #13 Calvin, and Colorado at #16 Fitchburg St.

Sim blowout watch: Case Western is getting a sizable 56 points as they play host to #11 Hendrix.
3/15/2014 5:19 PM
Wow.  Squeaked out that Colorado game at the buzzer!
3/16/2014 2:29 PM
Sorry this is late, I was camped out in front of the TV all day waiting for the NIT selection show.  Feel the excitement!

Last Night
#7 Dallas 66   Palm Beach Atlantic 57
The first half of this one was a hard-fought twenty minutes with the teams trading the lead back and forth.  The visitors made the final run of the half and went into the break with a 31-27 lead.  Dallas came out and extended the lead early in the second and stayed in front the rest of the way, eventually building up to a double-digit lead.  PBA made one last effort in the last couple minutes and cut the lead to just 3 points, but Dallas was able to sink their free throws and escape Florida with a key road victory.

Also considered: #15 Johnson and Wales gave #9 Vassar their first loss of the season 94-88, #1 Greensboro had no trouble with Eureka 108-72, #2 Piedmont cruised past Texas Lutheran 110-67, #20 Emory scored the road upset over #22 Calvin 78-67, and #14 Fitchburg St. got a buzzer-beater to edge Colorado 60-58.

Sim blowout watch: Case Western had not issues getting the cover against #11 Hendrix, falling 55-72.

GotN
#4 Dickinson (6-0)(mfnmyers) at #2 Peidmont (6-0)(bunkerbuster)
Three games with ranked teams tonight including both of our top two teams.  This one is the headline as we have a top four clash of undefeated teams from the Centennial and USA South conferences.  Both teams have looked impressive so far this season and the winner here will have a solid claim to the #1 ranking.  bunker leads the series 3-1 and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.  Should be a great one.

Also considered: #22 Calvin at #1 Greensboro, #15 Johnson and Wales at #24 Wooster, #11 Hendrix at East Connecticut St, Centenary at #16 Amherst, SUNY Cortland at #21 North Carolina Wesleyan, and Suffolk at #23 Ozarks

Sim blowout watch: South Maine is a 51 point road dog as they visit #17 Emory and Henry.
3/16/2014 9:53 PM
We're down to twenty-four undefeated teams and thirty teams without a win.

Last Night
#6 Dickinson 74   #2 Piedmont 88
This one was certainly closer than the final score indicates.  Piedmont had a slim 4 point lead at half-time and the visitors kept up the pressure throughout the second half.  The game was tied at 69 around the five minute mark and then Dickinson was behind by just 3 points with just over three minutes left.  Piedmont then locked down the defense and closed out the game on an impressive 14-3 run.  Piedmont and bunker stayed close to the top ranking with the win while Dickinson and mfnmyers dropped two spots after their first loss.

Also considered: #1 Greensboro fended off a late charge from Calvin to win 82-68, #13 Johnson and Wales recovered from a low-scoring first half to take down Wooster 78-74, #12 Hendrix made a pile of free throws in overtime to escape with a 73-71 win at East Connecticut St, #16 Amherst also used free throws to close out Centenary 77-75, #17 North Carolina Wesleyan got past SUNY Cortland 64-52, and Suffolk upset previously-ranked Ozarks 63-53.

Sim blowout watch: South Maine just squeaked out the cover against #19 Emory and Henry 49-96.

GotN
#6 Dickinson (6-1)(mfnmyers) at #1 Greensboro (7-0)(tilldog28)
This is the kind of spirit and determination that I like to see.  When you suffer your first loss against the #2 team in the country, do you take it easy and beat up on some sims to get your confidence back?  No way, you're a tough guy and you stay on the road to travel to the #1 team in the country like Dickinson is doing.  Someone has their eyes on a top SOS number this season.  mfnmyers leads this series 8-4 but the home team is favored by 3.

Also considered: #5 Wittenberg at #13 Johnson and Wales, #25 Palm Beach Atlantic at #15 Fitchburg St, Penn St. Altoona at #9 Emerson, #18 Rivier at Willamette, #21 Millsaps at Calvin, and #22 Emory at Wooster

Sim blowout watch: Winless SUNY Potsdam is getting a big 76 points as they visit #11 Oglethorpe.
3/17/2014 9:53 PM (edited)
Six ties?
3/17/2014 5:55 PM
coolest thread I have seen. My boys at Fontbonne and I are struggling but, turning things around as we speak!
3/17/2014 8:30 PM
Dammit bullman, it took me about ten minutes of staring at my last post trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about.  Corrected the first sentence, thanks for subtly pointing out my error.
3/17/2014 9:54 PM
Sorry about that pseudo.
3/18/2014 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.