D3, Season 72 Topic

The worst player would most likely always be some walk-on, I bet. Whatever you'd be willing to tackle, Westcoast, I think would be pretty awesome. MVP would be the most important poll in my opinion. Coach of the year could be voted on at the end, maybe?
3/20/2014 7:30 PM
By worst player, I am referring to one that plays significant minutes and racks up horrendous stats.
3/20/2014 8:33 PM
Oh got ya. So probably a player who plays a minimum of 15 minutes per game or something like that. That's a fun idea :) For the next game, I think I am going to include the tempos ran. Just in case it makes a difference. Bullman, when you post stats and stuff on here, how do you copy and paste it without it getting all disorganized? Or do you manually fix it here in the box before posting?
3/21/2014 7:33 AM
I just copy and paste it from Excel.  For links there is an Insert/Edit Link icon in the middle of the second row of icons and if you enter the url in that location people can click it and go directly to the link.
3/21/2014 5:00 PM
This also works for links if you feel like being more do-it-yourself/old school.

Click the "source" button in the upper left of this message window, then type the following:

<a href="......"> blah blah blah </a>

Paste the link where the ... are, and type whatever text you want to appear as the link where it says blah blah blah (e.g. the player's name).  If you hit "source" again, you should see your blah blah blah text as a link.  It makes me feel like I accomplished something when I do that.
3/21/2014 5:26 PM
Ok, back to business as we head into conference play.  Thirteen teams, four of them simmed, made it through the non-conference schedule undefeated while twenty-one teams are looking for their first victory.  Now it's time to beat up on your conference-mates and fight for post-season positioning.  Good luck everyone.

Last Last Night
#10 Dickinson 60   #4 Wittenberg
Visiting Dickinson had a 6 point lead at the half which quickly was erased once play resumed.  The two teams fought back and forth through to the end with neither team able to take control.  Finally, the key stretch was just after the five minute mark when Wittenberg was able to go on an 8-0 run and would never trail again.  Dickinson had a couple chances to tie at the end but couldn't make it happen and the home fans exited the arena happy.  Wittenberg and darnoc finished the non-conference season undefeated with this win while Dickinson and mfnmyers fell a couple spots in the rankings after their second loss.

ALSO:
Trinity (TX) 72   Trinity (CT) 52
Wow, Trinity is terrible.  They're not even in the same ballpark as Trinity right now.  Ironic.

Also considered: #9 Hendrix pulled away from Newbury 69-55, #15 Fitchburg St made their free throws to finish a 86-83 victory over Stillman, #13 North Carolina Wesleyan survived a buzzer-beating 3ptr to win in OT against Penn St. Altoona 80-74, #16 Ursinus got past Medgar Evers 84-74, #14 Emory and Henry showed the value of the extra Henry by cruising past Emory 74-59, #24 Colorado got the road upset over #23 Amherst 59-56, and #19 Calvin downed Mary Washington 67-57.

Sim blowout watch: Grinnell held off the Fighting Scots of Wooster enough to cover 45-83.

GotN
#12 Oglethorpe (10-0)(getiguy) at #13 North Carolina Wesleyan (10-1)(nastynick60)
This season opener in the USA South is our only game tonight between ranked teams, and since there are currently six ranked teams in this conference I'm guessing it'll happen again.  These two will be fighting it out with Piedmont for the west division so this is an early key battle.  Oglethorpe will look to stay undefeated while NCWes is hoping their extra non-conference game will give them an edge.  nastynick leads the series 9-6 and his team is favored by 1 at home.

Also considered: Trinity (the good one) at #3 Dallas, #4 Wittenberg at Earlham, Louisiana at #9 Hendrix, and #22 Rivier at S. Vermont

Sim blowout watch: Shenandoah is a 73 point road dog visiting #1 Piedmont and winless Texas Tyler is getting 72 points at home hosting #24 Colorado.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#15 Fitchburg St. (9-1)(letchkins) at UMass Dartmouth (6-4)(pureh21)
The winner of this cross-divisional game in the Little East conference will stake an early claim on conference bragging rights.  Fitchburg St has the third best RPI after an impressive non-conference slate and looks to keep rolling.  This is the first meeting between the two coaches and the visitors are favored by 8.
3/21/2014 8:45 PM
Thanks Bullman and Spasticity, I really appreciate the help. I actually can't find either the Insert/Edit Link or Source buttons anywhere. For my posts (after I have already submitted them) I see "Edit" "Remove" "Link" "Quote" buttons and nothing else :/ I can right click and select "view page source" but I don't think that's what you meant.

It won't let me type the code here in this box so for now...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjN_w9pbz2rydFp6SWZ3QnZOQjUzRHYxVmMyMmZVd1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0
3/22/2014 10:07 AM
EZ-the "source" button is right above the text box when you start typing a post. Or, it's about 1.5" below where the previous poster's name is listed. The "Insert/Edit Link" is an icon that looks like a chain link fence that's below the "underline" and "strikethrough" options. Maybe this all depends on the browser you're using? But on Mozilla and Chrome they're in the same spot.
3/22/2014 10:18 AM
I use Chrome but here is a screen shot of my page. Is my page different than all of yours or am I just blind? haha

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1yVEhAVeMj31OTBa1zDNY6bjKEH0Bl9aPvtLWKcFMybo/edit?usp=sharing
3/22/2014 10:35 AM
When I click the "link" button it just brings up the direct link to this site and gives me the option to copy it. I am sure my "link" button is different from your "Insert/Edit Link" button.
3/22/2014 10:37 AM
We have a new #1 team as Grove City impressed the voters more than all the other undefeated teams last night.  The Grove!

Last Night
#9 Oglethorpe 78   #17 North Carolina Wesleyan 63
Oglethorpe had a big first half in this one and went into the locker room with a 49-29 lead.  They shot 60% from the floor in the first half and held the home team to 36%, that's a solid recipe for a lead.  NCWes made a decent effort in the second half but the hole was too deep and Oglethorpe held on for the 15 point road win.  Oglethorpe and getiguy moved up into the top ten with the win while NCWes and nastynick slipped down a few spots.

Also considered: #2 Dallas got past Trinity 75-64, #3 Wittenberg survived a scare at Earlham 71-69, Louisiana rallied big in the second half to upset previously ranked Hendrix 79-67, and #20 Rivier cruised past S. Vermont 76-50.

Sim blowout watch: Shenandoah barely covered against #4 Piedmont 51-111 and Texas Tyler got much closer but still fell to Colorado 79-92.

ITaLRbHAGotN: From midway in the first, UMass Dartmouth was able to stay ahead of #18 Fitchburg St. the rest of the way and successfully defend their home court 67-61.  Dartmouth can thank their defense for this one after holding the visitors to 38% from the floor including 8 of 25 from 3pt land.

GotN
#3 Wittenberg (11-0)(darnoc29099) at #23 Wooster (8-3)(pseudochamp)
The top RPI team in the nation continues their road trip through the N.Coast conference and looks to stay undefeated.  Meanwhile Wooster has been in and out of the lower rankings so far this season, a win here would be huge.  Not to be too pessimistic, but I'm thinking Wooster's coach might be throwing another temper tantrum after the final buzzer tonight.

Also considered: #1 Grove City at Allegheny, #5 Emerson at Emmanuel, #13 Hendrix at Millsaps, Suffolk at #20 Rivier, and Louisiana at #22 Ozarks

Sim blowout watch: Two three win teams facing undefeated teams are getting 59 points, it's kinda eerie.  Averett is a 59 point home dog against #4 Piedmont while Shenandoah is getting the same 59 as they visit #9 Oglethorpe.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#19 Willamette (9-2)(bullman17) at Chapman (9-2)(shine06)
We have two divisional foes in the Northwest conference facing off after they both won their first game last night.  Defending their home court against the ranked team would be huge for Chapman but they'll have their work cut out for them.  The visitors are favored by 6.
3/22/2014 10:06 PM
On the last night portion you say my team was previously ranked, but on the GotN we are still ranked 13th. Make up your mind :) You might also want to check the Louisiana locker room for steroids, I think they used some during halftime.
3/22/2014 11:33 PM
No steroids this time Carson. Just told the players I would take them out for ice cream if they won during my halftime speech. Who knew?
3/23/2014 7:37 AM
Game 12's MVPs are done :) What do you all think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjN_w9pbz2rydFp6SWZ3QnZOQjUzRHYxVmMyMmZVd1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0
3/23/2014 10:13 AM
Loving the new MVP watch.  Nice job ezekialstarr.
3/23/2014 12:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.