The Bald League Continues (full again) Topic

The Bald League

Thom, a.k.a. quinet, started this league many moons ago and we are now completing the playoffs in season 24.  It is our hope that we will be able to continue this league for another block of seasons, but in order to do so, we need an influx of new owners who above all are willing to commit to a block of seasons.  

The league started out using only ML players and still does, however, when it started, ALL the players fell into the category og Below Average.  Typically they had low ratings for all attributes with the exception of Toughness, and the box scores were full of fights and suspensions.  After several seasons we introduced some players who were Great and Above Average ML'ers to help the teams who consistently missed the playoffs.  About season 15 we completely revamped the draft pool so that ALL players in the pool had their attributes chosen completely random.  That sure made the draft an intersting one.  One other feature of this league is that you are allowed to rename all the players on your roster.  Seeing names like Spongebob Squarepants, Tony Soprano, Shogun Rua, Sum Yung Gai and Onyebuchi Tanigogorobanigogor in the boxscores really makes the league so unique.

So, we are looking for several committed owners to join and keep this league going.  I promise you if you join, you will not be disappointed and we have a great group of owners continuing (or hoping we can).

Please either post your interest here or send me a sitemail and I will explain the other feature this league offers as an incentive and also to show appreciation for those who make the commitment.
3/10/2014 8:39 AM (edited)
"O very ancient one" please sign me up.
3/5/2014 11:48 PM (edited)
???  "O more ancient one, that was a rather short hiatus!"  We need a few more.  Coerce any of your friends if you can.  But a hearty, "welcome back", Paul.
3/6/2014 8:58 AM
In like Flint.
3/6/2014 11:56 AM
Great to have you joining, Ben.  You will enjoy the league, despite the fact Chuck is in it too.  Oh also, The Big Cheese (a.k.a. Mike Welch) is in the league.  Not many leagues can say they have the opportunity to harass the Big Cheese and beat his team at the same time.
3/6/2014 1:44 PM
Posted by gollum on 3/6/2014 8:58:00 AM (view original):
???  "O more ancient one, that was a rather short hiatus!"  We need a few more.  Coerce any of your friends if you can.  But a hearty, "welcome back", Paul.
I failed the SIM rehab.
3/6/2014 2:22 PM
HEY! Welcome back Paul!!!!
3/6/2014 2:30 PM
I would say, "Thank heavens you are back so all these age-related attacks on me will dissipate."  But we both know that is just a dream.
3/6/2014 9:15 PM
How many more guys do we need.
3/6/2014 10:16 PM
Well hard to say.  The vote was 6 definite "no's", however, there were 7 owners who voted "maybe".  I am assuming that we could get away with 6 new owners, provided all the maybe's stay.  I get the feeling that once we have the 6 committed owners, many of them will opt to stay. 
3/6/2014 11:37 PM
How soon do you need the teams purchased?
3/10/2014 12:42 AM
Not for a couple of weeks, Randy.  We are currently in the first round of playoffs, and I do not expect the decision to be made until after they are done for sure.  I will keep you advised of the status of the league.  Just added y2jdilemma to the fold via sitemail this morning, so we are getting closer, slowly but surely.  Maybe the prospect of beating the Big Cheese is more of an incentive than I thought.  ;-)
3/10/2014 8:38 AM
I will play
3/10/2014 12:39 PM
Excellent, Poddy!!!  I shall get back to you in the near future.  Great to have you, sir!
3/10/2014 4:07 PM
Posted by zero1940 on 3/6/2014 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gollum on 3/6/2014 8:58:00 AM (view original):
I failed the SIM rehab.
Welcome back z! :)
3/10/2014 4:15 PM
12 Next ▸
The Bald League Continues (full again) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.