redshirt senior? Topic

Posted by brianxavier on 9/8/2014 3:20:00 PM (view original):
After 6 games my "redshirt" senior has lost 7 points on WE.  Still showing growth in other areas as expected.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2802229

(Keith Burbach on Limestone, if interested and can't see the link)
so just to update.... my guy is now down 13 WE after 13 games.  at this rate, he'll drop another 15 points or so (putting him in the low 40s).

I had not thought about him losing lots of points in the off season due to low WE.  That will be interesting to see.  Of course, I expect his WE to drop to 1 after I apply the redshirt?? Is that what others have seen happen?
9/16/2014 8:43 AM
Redshirt him and then take it off. He will return to his normal WE. And it wont change anything about him accepting later or not.

When you do redshirt for good, he can go to 1 but he might just sit at 15-20 which will help you gain the offseason losses back.

9/23/2014 6:56 PM (edited)
Also, since you are now 20 games into the season, I would go ahead and redshirt him for good.

If he WE drops to 1, then take the redshirt off, to get him back to normal, and then redshirt him again. Hopefully he will still be 20-30.
9/23/2014 6:58 PM
This seems like an unfair loophole that should be corrected if you ask me. 
9/24/2014 12:26 AM
Thanks for the advice.  And I agree with slicknick, it is a silly loophole.  I just hope they don't fix it this season.
9/24/2014 10:21 AM
So I put on the redshirt, he dropped to 1 work ethic.  so I pulled it back off, and he is back to 53... I guess I'll run it out most of the season this way and see what happens.  I assume he'll be annoyed again and it will go to 1 when I put it back on.

9/24/2014 11:43 AM
One part of that loophole was fixed.  Re-applyiing the redshirt will never result in a better WE, than the previous application.  If it went to 1, then it will go to 1 again the 2nd time through the n+1st time.  

The loophole that you are attempting to exploit, holding him out and redshirting only after he's made some gains towards his potential, probably should be made a little less attractive at some point.  Maybe add a risk of x'fer that doesn't now exist or increase the chance that an off-depth chart player will be subbed into a game in which injuries or fouls or both have left the team short handed.  On the other hand, I wouldn't put that much priority on it.
9/24/2014 1:49 PM
this is why I enjoy these forums so much.  To date, I have only redshirted a soph.  Never even considered RS a jr or sr for fear of WE drop, but the strategies discussed here make perfect sense.  Just has to be the right scenario.  
9/24/2014 3:03 PM
good point Rogelio, I forgot that he will definitely drop to 1 again once I re-apply it.  On a side note, I have not noticed any increase in IQ all year if I remember correctly.  Others may have noticed this before, but my guess is the IQ is hampered by lack of playing time somehow??  Obviously redshirt players usually improve, but what about this situation?  Maybe it has improved some (I think he is B in Offense and A in defense.... would have expected the B to go to B+ at some point, not going from A to A+ makes some sense for a juco in yr 2)
9/25/2014 10:48 AM
◂ Prev 12
redshirt senior? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.