OT- Coaching Carousel Topic

Posted by dabighonu on 5/21/2014 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed this thread. CB coaching changes don't often make it to the front page of major sports web sites; I would have missed a lot of news without this thread, particularly for the smaller conferences.
Thanks! I enjoy doing it as well. I think this is my 4th season
5/21/2014 2:23 PM
I didn't post to this thread, for various reasons, but I read it religiously. Thanks for putting it together, Al.
5/21/2014 7:35 PM

Manhattan coach Steve Masiello has completed the requirements for his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky, a spokesman for the SEC school said Thursday.

Kentucky's Jay Blanton told ESPN.com that Masiello has completed his coursework and will be awarded a degree in August.

Masiello has been on unpaid leave from Manhattan since April -- shortly after it was discovered that he had not earned his degree from Kentucky. Masiello had accepted the South Florida job, but a background check turned up that he hadn't finished the requirements to earn his degree.

Manhattan has said it would reinstate Masiello once he completed his degree

5/29/2014 7:16 PM
Montana has hired Travis McCuire, a California assistant.  He was the PG at Montana betweeen 1992 and 1994 and holds the school record for assists. 

Only the Florida A&M job is still open. 
6/2/2014 8:37 AM (edited)
I wonder if Florida A&M will ever find a coach.

1) The spot's been vacant since April 18.
2) They have both a new A.D. and President.
 3)The school is in financial trouble.
4) The school is facing horrible publicity following the hazing death of their band's drum major
5) The school is ineligible for next year's tournament due to academic problems.  
6) They graduated 7 players and 6 others are transferring to other schools
6/5/2014 4:58 PM (edited)
Florida A&M has hired Byron Samuelson. He was formerly the head coach at Hampton (1995-97) and Radford (2002-07)

The list is now complete and is updated on page 1.

There are 42 schools with new coaches, down from 50+ in each of the last 2 seasons
6/18/2014 12:20 PM
al, is this the latest you've had to go to finish this list? seems like its usually wrapped up long before now...
6/18/2014 4:01 PM
That's a good question. Florida A&M has been without a coach since April 18. It seems like, last year, one of the small schools was vacant for 3+ months.

Most schools want their new staff in place well before July 1. July 1 is the date when it's permissible for coaches to have face-to-face off campus recruiting for recruits entering their senior year. It's also the date when once-per-week phone calls is permissible

FLorida A&M is more worried about next year, I suspect. They graduated 7 and had 6 players transfer. So they're busy trying to fill a roster for THIS season.
6/18/2014 9:00 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20
OT- Coaching Carousel Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.