OT- Coaching Carousel Topic

Just have someone follow him around and wait to catch a violation on film. Shouldn't take too long.
3/17/2014 8:50 PM
Besides VT, USF is the best job out there and with our new AD I'm excited to see who we get. USF has top ten facilites in the southeast and is in an amazing location to recruit to. So much to do within two hours:
    • Disney
    • Busch Gardens/Adventure Islands
    • NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL
    • Cocoa Beach
    • Daytona Beach
    • Orlando
    • AM Island
    • Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
USF is now a top job in this region. The only school that maybe has better BB facilites in Florida is maybe UF. If you haven't seen a game in it the new sundome and Muma Men's and Women's training center it is a dandy. New AD is from UCLA we will get a big name in here who can win and win now. The team is loaded for next season.
3/17/2014 9:35 PM
Do they still have that ride were Jaws pops out of the water?
3/17/2014 10:06 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 3/17/2014 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Do they still have that ride were Jaws pops out of the water?
sadly no :(

I still remember almost p*ssing my pants the first time I was on that ride. My rents thought it was funny to sit me on the outside of the boat on the side where jaws bites and watch. lol
3/17/2014 10:16 PM
If USF isn't a better job than VT, then it isn't a very good job at all.

Virginia Tech is a terrible basketball job. Seth Greenberg did a great job getting them to not quite the NCAA tournament, if that tells you anything. It's a coach's graveyard.
3/17/2014 10:52 PM
Auburn is a great fit for Pearl. Very happy for him. His ethics will always be in question, but the culture around NCAA enforcement (from every coach and institution) several years ago and the culture around it now are very different. He will keep his nose clean.
3/18/2014 1:23 PM
Well Auburn certainly has the personnel in place that he has no excuses if he does. 2 former NCAA compliance people on staff. 

I still think he'll get in trouble. Auburn will be under a microscope now...coaches aren't often hired while under show cause orders. This is basically thumbing your nose at the NCAA.
3/18/2014 1:37 PM
I mean after 5 former Auburn players went on TV and said that they were paid and nothing happened...I really don't think Pearl can get them in trouble.  The NCAA is a shadow of its former self. 

As a Bama fan, I hope Pearl takes them to a Sweet 16 in year 1 to show ignorant Bama fans what a good basketball coach is capable of.  Then maybe we can hire a decent one in 2015 after we've set the game of basketball back another year.
3/18/2014 2:45 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/17/2014 10:52:00 PM (view original):

Virginia Tech is a terrible basketball job. Seth Greenberg did a great job getting them to not quite the NCAA tournament, if that tells you anything. It's a coach's graveyard.
I think it is the best job that will open this hiring period. But preception by the fans of an AAC coaching job not being better then an ACC coaching job is why I said that.  The money that USF has put in to basketball recently makes this job top notch. Many big names are wanting this gig with the talent on his team. Heath was a terrible coach but his staff could recruit.
3/18/2014 4:04 PM
In September, Jim Woolridge moved from head coach to interim athletic director at UC Riverside.  Dennis Cutts was the interim coach for this season but hasn't been offered the permanent job
3/18/2014 4:46 PM
Posted by coachhaskins on 3/18/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):

I think it is the best job that will open this hiring period. But preception by the fans of an AAC coaching job not being better then an ACC coaching job is why I said that.  The money that USF has put in to basketball recently makes this job top notch. Many big names are wanting this gig with the talent on his team. Heath was a terrible coach but his staff could recruit.
Riiiiight...dead last in the AAC is a great job.

Two better jobs have already opened up...one has already been filled.

The other is Washington State.
3/18/2014 5:28 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/18/2014 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coachhaskins on 3/18/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):

Riiiiight...dead last in the AAC is a great job.

Two better jobs have already opened up...one has already been filled.

The other is Washington State.
VA Tech and BC are bottom feeder ACC jobs at best. USF could easily be at top of the AAC. Washington State is no better than VT or BC, bottom of their conference and that is where they will stay. You will see when the hiring’s are made. Auburn made the dumbest move of the off season. Once a cheater always a cheater and the idiot attempted to get everyone to lie for him. Yea that is the guy I want running my program. They will be on probation in T-3 years. USF has way more talent on its roster than both of those teams.

The city of Boston could care less about Boston College. They will support UMass before they will support that school. 

USF is the best basketball job out there this season. Brand new and the best facilities in the state and in a solid conference that it can easily rise to the top of. Traditionalists don’t want to hear that but it is the truth.

3/18/2014 6:53 PM
Washington St. fired Ken Bone;

Boston College fired Steve Donahue

Brad Huse resigned at Montana St.
3/18/2014 9:15 PM
I can only assume haskins works for the USF athletic department.
3/18/2014 10:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...20 Next ▸
OT- Coaching Carousel Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.