Probable Pitchers Topic

Have there ever been any thought on putting the next games Probable Pitchers for all League Games on the League Page so everyone can see who's going against who around the League? This would be really cool during the Playoffs so whoever's not involved could follow if they choose to.
3/12/2014 6:22 PM
Good idea!
3/12/2014 11:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Now that I am playing a good amount of Out of the Park Baseball, and see that it is very similar to Hardball Dynasty in its interactive interface (whatever you are supposed to call the control panel etc. these days), I fail to understand why, instead of a complicated "update" that never happens, the people running WIS don't just make WIS SIM baseball exactly like HBD except with the historical players' database. 

Adding a function or a display that showed the pitchers around the league expected to start would be a very nice touch, and I bet quite easy to do. OOTP actually has a league newspaper it sends to managers with the results of games summarized in pseudo-journalistic form. 
3/13/2014 9:03 AM
That OOTP newsletter includes news about managers, coaches and owners, as in "Team fires Boogerlips as GM": "He is a nutcase" said Manager Billy Martin of an opposing squad. "Very argumentative guy, that Boogerlips" chimed in Earl Weaver. "No self-control at all" agreed rival manager Lou Piniella. Rival owner Charles Finley likewise stated "The rest of us can't take him seriously, he comes up with the craziest ideas." George Steinbrenner said his colleague Finley had a point: "This guy only thinks about winning at any cost, no matter what happens to the game. People like that should be restrained".

All were certain his team's fortunes would now improve as a result of the latest front office change." 

Pete Rose also commented, "He never pays up, always welches on his bets."

3/13/2014 9:06 AM
Posted by italyprof on 3/13/2014 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Now that I am playing a good amount of Out of the Park Baseball, and see that it is very similar to Hardball Dynasty in its interactive interface (whatever you are supposed to call the control panel etc. these days), I fail to understand why, instead of a complicated "update" that never happens, the people running WIS don't just make WIS SIM baseball exactly like HBD except with the historical players' database. 

Adding a function or a display that showed the pitchers around the league expected to start would be a very nice touch, and I bet quite easy to do. OOTP actually has a league newspaper it sends to managers with the results of games summarized in pseudo-journalistic form. 
Back when admin was giving up regular updates, they informed us that the goal was to bring the HBD model to the sim side of things with look/feel and gameplay. However, the code that the original SLB was written in wouldn't allow them to simply "make updates" to bring it up to the HBD interface or the way that sim engine worked (all of the 0-99 stat categories versus real stats). Thus, they would have to completely rewrite the SLB side of things to make it function like HBD.

Guess we're still waiting for them to do so.
3/13/2014 9:16 AM
This whole thread is 'below my threshold' and therefore collapsed on my Forum page, yet I don't see a single comment with a negative rating.  WIS censoring discussion of a rival site, perhaps?
3/15/2014 2:08 PM
Posted by pinotfan on 3/15/2014 2:08:00 PM (view original):
This whole thread is 'below my threshold' and therefore collapsed on my Forum page, yet I don't see a single comment with a negative rating.  WIS censoring discussion of a rival site, perhaps?
I think it takes more than one BAD rating to get a red star, but not to push it below "zero" as the threshold checks fractions... I set my threshold to 5 red (ie: -5/the minimum value) long long ago so I see all posts.
3/16/2014 11:53 AM
It's OK - after I posted, somehow magically the thread isn't collapsed any more ...
3/16/2014 12:07 PM
pinotfan, if with booger's posts you are not seeing any negative ratings, I suggest you buy a new computer that works right ! 
3/18/2014 8:18 AM
12 Next ▸
Probable Pitchers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.