2014 NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Methinks not. Him and Julius Peppers are the best players in team history, and there's zero chance Peppers number gets retired, as he whined himself off the team and  they already have given the number away.
3/20/2014 7:16 PM
Looks like Schaub is getting traded to the Raiders for a late round pick.  4th QB on the roster for the Raiders and yet another draft pick used on the position.
3/21/2014 1:49 PM
I think it's a good move. The cost is pretty much nothing in terms of draft pick, and the $10M doesn't effect them since they're so far under the cap they're having trouble getting to the league minimum. 4th QB on the roster doesn't mean much if the other 3 aren't good. Trent Edwards isn't making the team and Pryor is probably going to be cut after that spat with his agent(?) last season.

Schaub was a good, efficient QB for a number of years before the fluke season last year. There's a chance he goes Delhomme, where the talent is just gone. But more likely he's a very serviceable QB that they can use as a bridge to whatever their future is.

3/21/2014 2:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Jets sign Vick, cut Sanchez.
3/21/2014 6:48 PM
Bears get Jason Allen to replace Julius Peppers.

League makes it a penalty to "dunk" a ball over the goalpost. Which I agree with, not because I don't players to celebrate (I do want them to), but because of last season when Jimmy Graham f'd up the goalposts.
3/26/2014 2:35 PM

Word on Seattle radio is that Jared Allen got 4 years for $32 million, with $15.5 million guaranteed.  Twice the length and twice the guaranteed money the Hawks offered him.  Rumor is that another of his concerns was that Seattle doesn't play any DL more than 55% of the snaps (Allen played something like 91% last season).  Playing time shouldn't be an issue in Chicago.

Too bad.  It would have been fun to see him in Seattle.

3/26/2014 2:52 PM
Whoa, DeSean Jackson cut by the Eagles. He put up 83 catches, 1332 yards, and 9 TD's last season. Jets are the most likely to pick him up as they have a need, cap space, and they pursued a trade for him.
3/28/2014 1:23 PM
DJ cut for gang ties, missing meetings, being confrontational and a whole host of other issues.  Someone will sign him, but I would be surprised if he gets a long term contract.
3/28/2014 1:25 PM
Big nothing-burger. If they gave a crap about him missing meetings they released him a year late. I recall a big dust-up with Andy Reid that got him suspended. They're playing the guilt by association game as if he's Aaron Hernandez. Good luck with Riley Cooper as your #1 WR.

Maurice Jones-Drew goes to Oakland. The list of successful seasons for a RB at age 29+ is a short one. Blames injuries for last season's performance, but we'll see if he's washed up.
3/29/2014 7:19 PM
DeSean Jackson got 3 years $24M from the Redskins. Good deal. Redskins will still be fighting to break .500 with their horrific defense though.
4/2/2014 12:13 PM
Kelly thinks he's the next Belicheck.    Replaceable parts within his system.   My guess is they'll be just fine without Jackson.

MJD is a chip on the shoulder guy.   If he's got anything left, he'll have a good year.   Not too sure about a 3 year deal.

4/2/2014 1:08 PM
Jackson's not really a typical #1 anyhow - last year was the first year he ever really put up numbers that would put him at that level - he had 20 more catches than his previous career high. His real value has always been in the extent to which he can take the lid off the defense with the threat of his speed, and the fact that he's a legit threat to take it the distance any time he gets the ball in space.

Whether Kelly is the next Belichick or not, I don't think the Eagles will have trouble putting points up next season - all about what they can do in continuing to rebuild that D.

4/2/2014 2:13 PM
RB Chris Johnson to the Jets. Low Risk, Medium Reward. Turns 29 a few weeks into the season. Should be good for a few hundred touches.
4/16/2014 4:56 PM
Johnson/ Ivory. nice combo at rb.
4/16/2014 6:07 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
2014 NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.