2014 NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 3/13/2014 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Decker clearly wants money/the spotlight more than football success. Who the hell is he going to catch passes from in NY? Smith can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I'm really surprised Detroit didn't make a run at him to take some pressure off of Megatron. I think that would have been a perfect spot for him.
They got a guy that's just as good in Golden "Showers" Tate.
3/13/2014 1:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Decker just wanted some more fodder for his reality show. What better place for ratings then Rex Ryan's World
3/13/2014 1:05 PM
Revis was a free agent for about 60 seconds.....if all he wanted was money, I am pretty sure he knew he could wait and somebody would give him more......

Honestly, a lot of people here think they already had something set up before he even hit the market (TAMPERING CHEATS!!!!!)
3/13/2014 4:58 PM
Also I am pretty sure Schiano works for New England now.....if Revis couldn't play at an elite level anymore he might have mentioned it to Bill
3/13/2014 5:00 PM

Seems it was a two year deal, per ESPN's talking heads, with 20m for S2, 8 guaranteed.    So he got 32m, 20 guaranteed for 2 years. He took it probably because he knows he's a gimp. 

3/13/2014 5:18 PM
He took it because $8 million to say good bye next year and get paid by somebody else is a pretty good deal....
3/13/2014 6:19 PM
20m for one season of gimp.

3/13/2014 7:39 PM
Brandon Browner to the Pats
Steve Smith to the Ravens
Hakeem Nicks to the Colts

Vick still doesn't have a team. Schaub and Sanchez should be on the market soon.
3/14/2014 8:55 PM
Emmanuel Sanders to the Broncos as a Decker replacement
Julius Peppers in a rare free agent signing by the Packers
Julian Edelman kept and Brandon LaFell signed by the Patriots
Ben Tate to football hell
3/16/2014 1:15 PM
Love what the pats have done so far.

They can focus on te, ol and dl in the draft.
3/16/2014 5:54 PM
May not matter, since you got Revis, but you're going to be disappointed in Browner.  He made the Pro Bowl a couple of years back but, before he was suspended, he was benched in the middle of a game against Tennessee because he couldn't cover anybody.  On Tennessee.

What's the word over there on Wilfork?  Will they release him, or just let him be unhappy this year?
3/19/2014 1:54 PM
Browner is going to spend more time at safety than he is at corner.....

Wilfork will be released at some point if he doesn't end up restructuring...his cap hit is enormous, so him being happy is not the real issue
3/20/2014 1:38 AM
Panthers pick up Jerricho Cotchery! Super Bowl Bound!!
3/20/2014 1:51 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 3/19/2014 1:54:00 PM (view original):
May not matter, since you got Revis, but you're going to be disappointed in Browner.  He made the Pro Bowl a couple of years back but, before he was suspended, he was benched in the middle of a game against Tennessee because he couldn't cover anybody.  On Tennessee.

What's the word over there on Wilfork?  Will they release him, or just let him be unhappy this year?
Browner will be fine....either at CB or SS.  He was probably stoned during that game!

They'll wait it out with Big Vinnie.  He's reported to be out of the country on vacation.  I'm sure, they'll meet in the middle of what they both want.  
3/20/2014 5:26 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/20/2014 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Panthers pick up Jerricho Cotchery! Super Bowl Bound!!
Does he get to wear 89?
3/20/2014 5:34 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
2014 NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.