NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

can someone please paste the standings from season 1 if/when it is finished. I found the draft from season 1 and am interested to see how teams did. I like the idea of this league a lot. You can find out how the sim values positions. Is having a top defense better than a top QB? I've done franchise leagues with the Eagles and used 06 jeff garcia and did pretty well because the 91 eagles defense was one of the best. But I'd like to see if there's more examples of top defenses being more successful than top QBs.
4/2/2014 10:34 AM
If you click on any of our names, and then click on SLF, it will show our active leagues. You should be able to find the NDL league among them, click on the league number and it will show the standings.
4/2/2014 11:31 AM
Thanks!
4/2/2014 11:56 AM
Oh don't worry kern, I am sending out a complete breakdown on draft vs records and positions in minutes to everyone signed up for this one.  In fact, just here to copy the sm list
4/2/2014 7:37 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know....I sM'd the four owners from NDL 1 who have not signed up for #2 that they have until Friday night at midnight to get signed up for this season.

After that, I will open it up to those of you who want a 2nd team.  New owners can sign up until Monday though, as some of you with 2nd teams will lose their 2nd spot in order of timed interest.  In other words, starting at midnight Friday night, if you want a 2nd team, either state that here or sitemail me.  Times will be important, as any new owner signing up before we start will replace the last owner who wants a 2nd team and so on.

I will use this Friday's NY Lottery quick draw to determine draft order randomly, like we did last time.  I will get the 12 am Fri numbers.  Whoever is signed up 2nd will get the 1 am numbers and so on.  Lowest total of the first five numbers gets the first pick and down the line we go to highest point total getting the 24th.  Of course, Tony said he wants the 24th, so I will give him that if he is serious and adjust everyone else.

I will also use random.org to determine the divisions over the weekend.  With any luck, all of this will get done in a timely fashion and I will have time to organize the draft thread in the theme leagues forum, and get a draft schedule beginning on the clock on Monday.  Off the clock drafting may begin as soon as everyone sees the draft order posted and SM'd over the weekend.

Like last time, I am going to ask everyone who is signed up to send me a site mail just saying that you read this, know what is going on, and are ready to go with the NDL draft.  Get ready for another round of drafting fun!

4/3/2014 4:19 AM
If you're absolutely despersate for me to enter a 2nd team, I'll do it.  All things being equal, I'd rather just have one team.
4/4/2014 3:38 AM
following up a little more on Craig's analysis of NDL#1:

I looked at the 8 most successful teams; the 6 with best regular season records (11 or more wins), plus Crazy Legs and Herenandez Cleaning that had positive differentials and had at leadst one playoff win.

4 of th 8 gambled on QBs with <100 DUR.
The AVERAGE pass rating for the 8 primary QBs was  85.5  (97, 91, 89, 85, 83, 83, 83, 73); so emphasis for these teams was getting an accurate thrower. Roadhouse was the outlier :)
QB stamina averaged 72.
DEF team averages were Run 77 Pass 79 Sack 62 Int 69 Drive 83 Red Zone 73 - make of that what you will. I didn't take ht etime to assess the other 16 DEFs for comparison.  
4/4/2014 8:34 AM
Yeah, but I put elite talent around my qb, i.e. Fouts, like the 62 Texans line, 06 Frank Gore, 12 Megatron and 11 Jason Witten.  So Fouts had a lot of help.

I thought that it was worth noting that of all the great qb seasons that were used, my guy Fouts was the only one who finished with a higher passer rating than he did in real life.  2011 Rodgers, 2007 Brady, 2013 Peyton etc. all finished with worse qb ratings in Amerk's league.  
4/5/2014 12:47 AM (edited)
OK, I should have just done this off the bat, but I am going to re-read this thread and go with the owners who said they are interested in a 2nd team first to have that option first, 2nd owner to do so 2nd and so on.  I will let those owners know and SM them to make sure they still want one, and we will just go with that.
4/5/2014 2:50 AM
So, in order of who showed interest in a 2nd team first, here is the list:

1.  roadhouse19
2.  mark102857
3.  coolmay_one

4.  gwhouse on hand next if one of those three changed their mind.
4/5/2014 2:57 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 4/5/2014 2:57:00 AM (view original):
So, in order of who showed interest in a 2nd team first, here is the list:

1.  roadhouse19
2.  mark102857
3.  coolmay_one

4.  gwhouse on hand next if one of those three changed their mind.
Hey Craig, I posted earlier that I would would rather enter just 1 team. Go ahead and ask Mark, Cool May or GW if they wanna do it. 

That being said, if none of those guys want to enter a 2nd team, and you can't get 3 more guys, I'll go ahead and do it.
4/5/2014 3:24 AM
hold up now i also stated that i would like a 2nd team too
4/5/2014 8:47 AM
I will join if you need someone.....
4/20/2014 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 12345
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.