NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

OK roadie, I'll hold off on that til we have over 20.  Remind me then though
3/19/2014 5:17 AM
I'm in.
3/20/2014 2:44 PM
Count me in again.
3/20/2014 3:24 PM
I too, will take a second team if needed.
3/20/2014 3:25 PM
I will do it again
3/20/2014 7:53 PM
I'll take a second team if needed also.
3/20/2014 9:06 PM
I am back again.
3/21/2014 1:24 AM
i'll be back as well
3/21/2014 8:27 AM
Posted by grayfoxx on 3/21/2014 1:22:00 AM (view original):
I am in.

Would like to suggest that every player drafted in the first season be blacklisted for season #2.
The blacklist for the units would be that an owner cannot draft the same team unit - the '42 Bears would still be available, just not for the same person that took them before.
I like this idea.  That way, we won't see the same teams over and over again.
3/21/2014 2:01 PM
Posted by roadhouse19 on 3/21/2014 2:01:00 PM (view original):
I am in.

Would like to suggest that every player drafted in the first season be blacklisted for season #2.
The blacklist for the units would be that an owner cannot draft the same team unit - the '42 Bears would still be available, just not for the same person that took them before.
blacklisting every player drafted would be a huge amount of players. QB especially would take a big hit.

You won't see the same teams because people will draft in different places and make different picks. Plus people will learn from the first league and use different strategies. We've done a couple draft leagues in the NBA SIM for a while and the teams are never the same despite never blacklisting anyone.

I'd be OK with the "unit blacklist" - i.e. an owner can't pick the same D/OL as in season one - but there's no need to blacklist skill position players.

3/22/2014 5:02 PM
I would think that blacklisting would be something that everyone wants. Get different players into the league, and with hundreds of QBs available blacklisting the top 24 should not be a big deal.

This time we use Romo, Moon Stabler, Jurgensen, Tarkenton, etc.

Better??????
3/22/2014 9:10 PM (edited)
Shutup about Warren Moon!
3/22/2014 7:19 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 3/22/2014 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by roadhouse19 on 3/21/2014 2:01:00 PM (view original):
I am in.

blacklisting every player drafted would be a huge amount of players. QB especially would take a big hit.

You won't see the same teams because people will draft in different places and make different picks. Plus people will learn from the first league and use different strategies. We've done a couple draft leagues in the NBA SIM for a while and the teams are never the same despite never blacklisting anyone.

I'd be OK with the "unit blacklist" - i.e. an owner can't pick the same D/OL as in season one - but there's no need to blacklist skill position players.

Tarheel's probably right about how difficult it would be for people to make the exact same picks.  What I, and I believe Grayfoxx mean is that you can't use the same players and/or units in league 2 as you did in year 1.

In my case, I drafted Calvin Johnson, the Chiefs/Dallas Texans O Line, the Redskins D, Dan Fouts, Frank Gore, Jason Witten, Nat Moore and RB Jim Allison.  I would not be allowed to draft those guys in league #2, but anyone else can.
3/23/2014 12:32 AM
No offense meant foxx, but I won't entertain the idea of a complete blacklist of skill players.  I don't mind the idea of returning owners being forced to pick different O lines and D's but BL'ing everyone would be too much work for an already overworked commish (me) getting the league prepared, and limit the player pool too greatly.

The other thing is...what about non returning owners?  I'd hate to join this league for the first time and draw the top pick and not be able to pick Manning or Rodgers.  And if we let new owners pick anybody, it would be too unfair for the rest of us returning owners.  How could any of our returning teams compete with a new team with Manning at QB, OJ at RB and Crazy Legs at WR  when we have Bernie Kosar or Jim Plunkett, Eddie George at RB and Chris Chambers at WR.

tarheel is right...pretty much every returning team will end up with different players, unless someone gets the exact same draft spot and the player they love is still there.  Most owners though will bend over backwards to try to select a different player anyways.  I know I will NEVEr take Adrian Peterson at 12 again lol

Lets worry more about getting 24 owners again.
3/23/2014 5:40 AM
My understanding was that you hoped this would be a long running league.
With that in mind I would hope that there would be *different* versions from time to time.
We have already used the *A* players, let's try it one time with the *B* players.
3/23/2014 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.