NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

If u blacklist every player then after maybe 3 seasons you would also have to drop the 75 million salary. I have a suggestion of blacklisting the entire first round from the previous seasons every ongoing draft. This will add at least 24 new players/defenses/o-lines every draft and almost certainly add different teams. It would also nake it fair to new owners by having a blacklist for everyone while also keeping the 75 million salary cap while making the top choices different every year.
3/23/2014 11:35 AM
I'm cool with a blacklist or no blacklist.  Amerk's right.  Remember all the problems we had getting started because guys were using players that had been drafted by other players?  In fairness to Amerk, we should probably just keep league 2 the same as league 1.
3/23/2014 2:24 PM
When I suggested the blacklist I wasnt expecting any new owners, I figured we all had a good time and we all would like to try it again. But since there are still 9 who havent signed up to do it again, I guess a blacklist wouldnt work.
3/23/2014 7:19 PM
FYI, I have already put together some teams for the next league.  So watch out!!
3/24/2014 2:10 AM
There is always a few owners from a previous year of a league like this who don't want to come back.  Sometimes they will take a season or two off and then want back in.  Each season usually has a half dozen or so new owners and dropouts.  Thats why a blacklist is difficult, not to mention the secretarial work I would have.

You mention a couple of quarterbacks that I wouldn't be surprised that we actually see in season two.  I bet Jurgensen, Moon, maybe Gabrial and so on that might get drafted instead of Baugh, maybe Fouts etc.
3/24/2014 3:54 AM
im in again
3/24/2014 5:44 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/24/2014 3:54:00 AM (view original):
There is always a few owners from a previous year of a league like this who don't want to come back.  Sometimes they will take a season or two off and then want back in.  Each season usually has a half dozen or so new owners and dropouts.  Thats why a blacklist is difficult, not to mention the secretarial work I would have.

You mention a couple of quarterbacks that I wouldn't be surprised that we actually see in season two.  I bet Jurgensen, Moon, maybe Gabrial and so on that might get drafted instead of Baugh, maybe Fouts etc.
How 'bout Mark Sanchez and Drew Bledsoe? 

Seriously, along with Jurgensen and Roman Gabriel, I can envision people rolling with Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Jeff Garcia, Bert Jones and Fran Tarkenton.
3/24/2014 6:47 PM
I'm in as long as either 1) There is no blacklist at all or 2) if there is a blacklist, it applies to every owner, not just whether you or not you owned the player or unit in the previous league.
3/24/2014 8:58 PM
Now that I think about it, I vote for no blacklist as well.  It will make it a lot easier on Amerk if he didn't have to check everyone's roster for that.  It's tough enough on him as it is.

I do like the idea that was tossed around in the league forum where the worst teams draft first.  But we should keep the "snake style" format though.
3/24/2014 9:03 PM
i am coming back also
3/24/2014 9:20 PM
7 teams drafted  QB in 1st round - combined record 60-52.

8 teams drafted DEF in 1st round - combined record 82-46.

I would also be willing to take a 2nd team.
3/25/2014 7:00 PM (edited)
Sure I am in !
3/25/2014 5:21 PM
Welcome aboard bigsurge!  At least one owner from season one wont be back lol
3/25/2014 10:17 PM
We are down to six spots left.  Might be waiting a week or two for newbies or rejoiners.  In a couple weeks, if we are still where we are, I will revisit the owners willing to take on a 2nd team and we can get going.  No hurry...just be patient guys
3/26/2014 4:57 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/24/2014 3:54:00 AM (view original):

Wasn't Fouts used in season #1???
3/27/2014 1:05 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.