NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

Posted by Got_Worms on 3/27/2014 1:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/24/2014 3:54:00 AM (view original):
There is always a few owners from a previous year of a league like this who don't want to come back.  Sometimes they will take a season or two off and then want back in.  Each season usually has a half dozen or so new owners and dropouts.  Thats why a blacklist is difficult, not to mention the secretarial work I would have.

You mention a couple of quarterbacks that I wouldn't be surprised that we actually see in season two.  I bet Jurgensen, Moon, maybe Gabrial and so on that might get drafted instead of Baugh, maybe Fouts etc.
Wasn't Fouts used in season #1???
Yeah, I used him.  He was the MVP runner up too! 
3/27/2014 2:03 AM
I was talking about QB's who might NOT be drafted in season two...I said INSTEAD of Baugh, maybe Fouts.  On second thought, that is a bad example.  Fouts will probably be drafted every year.  I'm sure there are a couple of QB's drafted in season one who might not in season two though.
3/27/2014 2:43 AM
I have told a few of you my plan, but I will let everyone know to get y'alls feedback.

Just like smokey did in the ODL, I would like to do an offshoot league with the same draft premise as the NDL:  a DDL (Decade draft league).  We could start with any decade, but lets say for example, we start with the 50's and 60's.  All 24 teams can ONLY draft players, defenses and O lines from the 1950 season through the 1969 season.We can lower the cap to $60 or $65 mill if need be for each of these decade drafts.  Other than that, same deal...eight rounds, same position requirements.  Each team filled out with 50-69 players.  We play a season with that decade, and then the way back machine moves on to the 1970-79 players, play another season and so on.

We could start that as early as season three, play season four as a regular NDL (drafting from all years) and then go to the next decade for season five.  Go back to a regular NDL for season six and so on.  

I think it would be fun and expose everyone to learning more about many more players we would normally never use.  Also, it would be fun to see how certain players do against decade specific opponents.  For example, Joe Namath would suck in most open leagues, but against his contemporaries, could be a STUD.

What does everyone think of that idea?
3/27/2014 2:52 AM
Sounds great, I am in for the long run.
3/27/2014 9:15 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/27/2014 2:43:00 AM (view original):
I was talking about QB's who might NOT be drafted in season two...I said INSTEAD of Baugh, maybe Fouts.  On second thought, that is a bad example.  Fouts will probably be drafted every year.  I'm sure there are a couple of QB's drafted in season one who might not in season two though.
....like Randall Cunningham for example!
3/27/2014 2:09 PM
I really liked league #1.  I think we should just keep league 2 the same as league 1.
3/27/2014 4:56 PM
Decade draft idea wouldn't start until maybe season three or four roadie
3/27/2014 5:41 PM
Dont forget the 1940's
3/28/2014 1:14 AM
Hello, Hello, it really doesn't matter where you draft from first or last. This league is sweet the way it is now. This is only the 1st season guys. The only way any 
of us can draft the same exact team is copying the 1st season and that will be very difficult i think. I know whoever and whenever i draft a player or when i draft 1st, 10th or last. it will be someone that i can build my team around. I recalled before the season started amerk1180 did a report on every team chances. My O-LINE/ DEF 
were not ranked in the top tier at all. So please let just leave this wonderful league the way it is now. Hey Amerk am in the SUPERBOWL 1.
For next season you can put me in the bottom of the draft order for season 2. I would like to see how i would do. 
3/28/2014 5:56 AM
I NEED ANOTHER SHOT......put  me in coach
3/29/2014 3:30 PM
CONGRATS TO TONYVOSS AND HIS CHI-TOWN BOOGIE TEAM FOR WINNING THE INAUGURAL NFL DRAFT LEAGUE WITH A 31-17 VICTORY OVER GWHOUSE'S SEATTLE SOFTSPOKEN TEAM!!!

This will assuredly go down in history.  The Green Bay Packers of the WIS sim.
3/30/2014 4:36 AM
Count me in!
3/30/2014 12:27 PM
Put me in Tony's division next :)
3/31/2014 9:17 AM
I'm back
3/31/2014 10:23 AM
I'll take 2 if needed
4/1/2014 9:02 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) # 2 (THREE spots left!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.