Bidwell Bash Invitational 71 Topic

This will be the 5th season for the Bidwell Bash Invitational, which is named after General John Bidwell, the founder of Chico, CA, and Chico State University (also known as CSU, Chico). The tournament will be a 6-team round robin that will be played in weeks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the non conference schedule. CSU, Chico is the tournament's host. The defending champ from the previous year gets an automatic bid to the next tournament (to be clear, this will be on a 1 season delay, so the season 70 winner will get an automatic bid to the season 72 tourney). The remaining 4 teams in the field is invitation only based on alblack's dynasty rankings (since he doesn't have a team in the Allen world, he doesn't do dynasty rankings here, but I have his formula and will be keeping and publishing the list).

IF YOU ARE AT OR CLOSE TO THE TOP OF THE DYANSTY RANKINGS AND ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, KEEP NON CONFERENCE GAMES 5-9 OPEN UNTIL THIS TOURNAMENT IS FULL.

FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game 5: DC @ Host, #2 @ #1, #4 @ #3
Game 6: Host @ #4, #1 @ DC, #2 @ #3
Game 7: #3 @ Host, #1 @ #4, DC @ #2
Game 8: Host @ #2, #3 @ #1, #4 @ DC
Game 9: #1 @ Host, #2 @ #4, #3 @ DC

Host:CSU, Chico [CCAA]
Defending Champion: Queens U NC [CVAC]

Formal Invitations extended to the following schools:
U of DC [S. Atlantic]
Harding [Gulf South]
Wayne St. MI [GLIAC]
Mercy [ECC]

Next up if any of those listed above decline their invivations or do not reply in a timely fashion would be:
Findlay [GLIAC]...would need Wayne St. MI to decline
Lees-McRae [CVAC]...would need defending champ Queens U NC to deline
Lewis [GLV]
Adams St. [Rock Mtn]
Arkansas Tech [Gulf South]...would need Harding to decline
S. Arkansas [Gulf South]...would need Harding and Arkansas Tech to decline
Livingstone [Central]
Fairmont St. [WVIAC]
Pace [N10]
Delta St. [Gulf South]...would need Harding, Arkansas Tech and S. Arkansas to decline
Glenville St. [WVIAC]...would need Fairmont St. to decline
Lenoir-Rhyne [S. Atlantic]...would need U of DC to decline
S. Illinois, Edwardsville [GLV]
Central Arkansas [Gulf South]...would need Harding, S. Arkansas, Arkansas Tech and Delta St. to decline
Mercy [ECC]
Adams St. [Rocky Mtn]
S. Illinois, Edwardsville [GLV]...would need Lewis to decline
3/17/2014 2:53 PM
Formal invites have been sitemailed to the qualifying coaches.  I will give them until first thing tomorrow morning to respond before I start moving down the list.
3/20/2014 8:41 AM
U of DC and Mercy have both accepted their invites.  Still waiting to hear from Queens U NC (defending champ from season 69, but new coach), Wayne St MI (who usually declines) and Harding (who hasn't accepted in the past. Findlay is next in line if Wayne St MI declines, but he usually declines as well.  If they both decline then Lewis would be invited.
3/20/2014 11:56 AM
I'm in but if someone really wants it I'll give it to them too. let me know
3/20/2014 5:30 PM
Lewis has accepted an invite.  Waiting to hear back from one more and the field will be set.
3/21/2014 9:46 PM
Adams St will accept it's invitation
3/22/2014 2:25 AM
Tournament is full.  I will have the schedule up soon.
3/22/2014 10:04 AM
Here's the schedule.  Please get these games scheduled ASAP.

Game 5 Schedule    
Queens U NC Royals @ CSU, Chico Wildcats
Mercy Mavericks @ U of DC Firebirds
Adams St. Grizzlies @ Lewis Flyers

Game 6 Schedule    
CSU, Chico Wildcats @ Adams St. Grizzlies
U of DC Firebirds @ Queens U NC Royals
Mercy Mavericks @ Lewis Flyers

Game 7 Schedule    
Lewis Flyers @ CSU, Chico Wildcats
U of DC Firebirds @ Adams St. Grizzlies
Queens U NC Royals @ Mercy Mavericks

Game 8 Schedule    
CSU, Chico Wildcats @ Mercy Mavericks
Lewis Flyers @ U of DC Firebirds
Adams St. Grizzlies @ Queens U NC Royals

Game 9 Schedule    
U of DC Firebirds @ CSU, Chico Wildcats
Mercy Mavericks @ Adams St. Grizzlies
Lewis Flyers @ Queens U NC Royals
3/22/2014 10:08 AM
Queens U scheduled a sim AI in game 9 instead of me :( he filled up his schedule
4/19/2014 10:11 AM
Just now seeing this.  You 2 need to schedule an exhibition game at his place (he will have to send you the request).
5/7/2014 4:12 PM
Looks like tanner has left Lewis for a DI school and Queens U has a new coach (mbehner). I'll send them an email to ask them to schedule Lewis at home in an exhibition game.
5/9/2014 9:39 AM
Message sent to mbehner. I asked them to post a status update in the thread so we'll all know what's going on. Hope everyone is well and good luck in season 71!
5/9/2014 9:52 AM
mbehner got back to me.  I had messaged him too.  We are all set for Lewis to play Queens U NC in an exhibition.
5/10/2014 4:24 PM
It is scheduled for my 2nd exhibition game.  Guess this means I need to play this one for real vs having the off % all at 0 to see what my guys are capable of like I usually do.
5/10/2014 6:16 PM
After all - I want to see if Queens can wear the crown 2 straight years ;-)
5/10/2014 6:16 PM
123 Next ▸
Bidwell Bash Invitational 71 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.