DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

felon, yep about the 3rd time Barry goes 5+ turnovers I'll start bringing him off of the bench. My last attempt in this league was filled with mistakes, but my OL attempt last year worked much better and had a number of the exact same guys as this squad does. I've given myself a lot of flexibility at the 1-4 positions in case I need to tweak some things. 

This is the Wilt that teams should HAVE to use in this league, not the one without nads.
3/25/2014 2:04 PM
Show some nads and win the title vs trying to prove crazy points man. We already know that you are a math wizard so do your best to win the title. If tarheel1991 wasn't able to win the title last season with the 6667 Wilt than why should we all think that it is so easy to do? And why do you think that the owners that choose to use that season have no nads?

Your narcissistic thinking gets old. Do you really believe that Wilt will get 50 + points per game and shoot over 53% for the season against teams with this good of defenders up front? There's absolutely no good reason to not double team Wilt or play -1 defense which will affect his numbers. You are completely missing the point that the opponents numbers will have a direct impact on the numbers that your team will produce.

3/25/2014 4:07 PM
vancem raises the obvious

opponents' numbers do have an adverse impact on any paint beast, or otherwise. don't agree with narcissistic thinking though, maybe narcissistic narrations.

nate, you understand the sheer depth of cumulative SIM knowledge of the owners here, right? disjointed rationales and high expectations are ripe meat for these gators.

I think wilt ends up in some big jaws, gets dragged under water and drowns in the death roll. gets stuffed under some rocks to soften up.
3/25/2014 5:45 PM (edited)
I'm going out on a limb here:  sixernuggets may have just drafted the worst 52mil team of all time.
3/25/2014 5:59 PM
Posted by slymonium on 3/25/2014 5:59:00 PM (view original):
I'm going out on a limb here:  sixernuggets may have just drafted the worst 52mil team of all time.
That's a draft fitting of the Dipper... Next year first pick!
3/25/2014 6:24 PM
started the evals with some teams i couldnt wait to put on blast
3/25/2014 6:50 PM
It's all good. My pal sixer and I will swap all of our picks next season which will make dh555 very happy. It also means that I will end up with a paint beast or Lebron to play with LOL! Sometimes I wish that I could suck at this as bad as 98average does so that I could get a shot at a player like Lebron every so often . . . but I don't. Now that is true narcissistic thinking.
3/25/2014 7:14 PM
My plan headed to the 6th was price or calderon at pg.. I talked myself into iggys defense and boards since I felt a bit light in those areas. Wr will see how it plays out.
3/25/2014 7:16 PM
Thanks for the eval dh.  That's essentially my draft strategy as well.  It obviously didn't translate last year, but after I took Billups in the 2nd (for the second straight year), I knew where I wanted to go with the team.  Fouls will be a problem, poor shooting will cost me some games and I'll probably be outrebounded more often than not, but I dig the squad overall. 

And I hope my division consists of sixer, bandit, smokey, jhsukow and nate.  If you could make that happen, I'd appreciate it.
3/25/2014 7:20 PM
Actually it might work out really well and that is why I put your team at the bottom of my division draft list logain. Natenoy did a similar thing with Kobe, Ray Allen and Wilt in the ODL and won the title. Shaq and Durant have enough assists so that a 19% assist guy like iggy can work. Plus he shoots 39% from 3, has 2 usage points, 75 defense, and very low fouls and turnovers for 48 minutes. I think that you made a great pick by using iggy as your pg. I really hope that your team ends up in the other conference.
3/25/2014 7:23 PM
Sly thank you for saying that I may have drafted the all time worst team.
That brings up a question. Does anybody know who had the all time worst
team and what the record was and what season?
3/25/2014 7:34 PM
Posted by sixernuggets on 3/25/2014 7:34:00 PM (view original):
iccoachb won 9 games last season...itd be tough to top that
3/25/2014 7:56 PM
There's been some pretty bad teams. Mostly drafted by newbies who knew all the great names from the past but not the way the SIM engine worked etc. Nate's team last season was pretty bad (he has no excuse in my book for building poor teams). But iccoachb's team last season was very bad. Jethroegg also had a knack for drafting okay in the first 2 or 3 rounds and then messing it up beyond belief after that.
3/25/2014 7:58 PM
Posted by sixernuggets on 3/25/2014 7:34:00 PM (view original):
Well, I'm fairly certain you'll win more than 9 games so maybe it's not worst all-time.
3/25/2014 8:18 PM
Vance, my point was that 66-67 Wilt is a castrated version of the 50ppg model. I've won my only title on WIS with the 66-67 version, an no it's not a layup, but I'd rather do something that no one has done before than attempt to repeat something that has happened like 4 of the last 6 times in this league. 

I agree that opponents D can slow down Wilt, but IMO I have put the pieces in place for the 53% efg that I'm shooting for from him. Please go -1 or -2 and double Wilt, that's why I took Battier, and my low usage bench guy, because those two and Barry will light it up against that style of D and they will get more shots than normal given my total usage.
3/25/2014 8:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...20 Next ▸
DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.