DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

Posted by vancem on 3/27/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
God Bless you sixernuggets for filling out your roster with the player that i resemble the most in RL . . . Bill Hanzlik.
Man, I remember Hanzlik!  Growing up in Denver in the '70s and '80s, I saw that dude play in person.  He was weedy but scrappy.  The Nuggets used to put him on Kareem, because Issel couldn't slow him down and needed to stay out of foul trouble.
3/27/2014 10:37 AM
Not that anyone cares but just for my own satisfaction I am going to write this.
My team was ranked 11, 14 and 16 by other division drafters.
I would be shocked if it is not in the top 8 for W/L and I simply can't see missing the playoffs with a core of Russell, Ewing, Kidd and TMac, plus Weatherspoon/Andersen filling SF with very good reb and def.

I get being ranked in the middle as once you filter out the **** teams, a lot of squads are similar.
But I would be fairly surprised if this team didn't win 50, given how similar it is to the team that won 53 last season but with slightly more boards albeit slightly fewer dimes. I think DH eval is pretty accurate but none of the div drafters saw it that way. Felon did have me in the playoffs, barely.
3/27/2014 11:04 AM
Just to be clear I am not ******** and moaning. I could care less how I was ranked esp cause I wasn't even eligible to be picked since I picked my own division. And obviously I am biased. I just found it interesting because I had a high opinion of my team and will just be curious to see how it turns out and who is right. But I do think keeping the division draft was a good move as it is nice to get several opinions of your team. Good luck all.
3/27/2014 11:15 AM
I entered my team with the wrong Pippen, and I'm nearly certain the wrong Pippen for my division.

I'll go closer to one next time again. Hah!
3/27/2014 12:16 PM
The problem is that Russell doesn't translate well in the $52 million league. He misses a lot of his chances and T Mac will miss a ton of shots. Ewing's weak offensive rebounding for over 40 minutes per game makes all of that worse. Kidd's high EFG at such low usage doesn't help as much as you think it should. IMO it will be hard for that team to win 50 games when T Mac and Russell will be going about 11 or 12 out of 30 from the field far too often. But let's see what happens.
3/27/2014 1:51 PM
Posted by jkaye24 on 3/27/2014 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Not that anyone cares but just for my own satisfaction I am going to write this.
My team was ranked 11, 14 and 16 by other division drafters.
I would be shocked if it is not in the top 8 for W/L and I simply can't see missing the playoffs with a core of Russell, Ewing, Kidd and TMac, plus Weatherspoon/Andersen filling SF with very good reb and def.

I get being ranked in the middle as once you filter out the **** teams, a lot of squads are similar.
But I would be fairly surprised if this team didn't win 50, given how similar it is to the team that won 53 last season but with slightly more boards albeit slightly fewer dimes. I think DH eval is pretty accurate but none of the div drafters saw it that way. Felon did have me in the playoffs, barely.
FYI, the reason I didn't have your team any higher is because it's just not very efficient for a 52 mil team. Lots of  guys right at or below 50% efg. And the defense is good but not so amazing that I see you winning games on defense alone.
3/27/2014 2:21 PM
I'm curious about felon's rating system and what all those numbers mean.
3/27/2014 2:35 PM
Same here.  I think he keeps dossiers on all of us.
3/27/2014 2:54 PM
Kaye, you made plenty of room for Ewing's fouls on the team, your actually one of the lowest PF teams in the league. The problem you will have is keeping Patrick on the floor, his req min's will be @ 48mpg by 82, Andersen doesn't have the usage to cover Ewing's. You probable won't go into penalty but your offense will suffer badly without Ewing (<100%). You can offset PF's with draw rate, you can offset tov's with steals..but you can't offset your #2 scorer sitting down cuz you have a low usage back-up. You don't have any ~20% usage guy's to combine and help score. I see this as a problem for you.
3/27/2014 2:56 PM
....learn'd the hard way.
3/27/2014 3:00 PM
Fair points Vance and heel and smoke

I would counter with:

Re:
Russell not being efficient in this league
- Russell can work just dandy in 52M. I just won 53 games, the bye and lost 4-3 to steelers in conf semis with Russell and Kobe. He can't shoot. True. He averaged 5 FGM on 11.5 FGA for me. Hardly a detremient when he is dishing and boarding while fouling at Wilt levels.

Re:
my efg is all at or below 50.

Some guys are, true. I won't lead the league in this category. Ewing is 55% with 29%usg. Kidd also 55% at 15%usg. Ok, maybe it doesn't help that much. But it's funny that according to you, Russell's misses are a huge issue while Kidds makes won't have much of an impact. Same usage level; let's call it a wash. Neither is there to score but their numbers on def, pf48, dreb and ast are all benefits.
TMac is lower but how many times can guys like him, Kobe and Wade take over in the playoffs even when it seems like they shouldn't be as influential?

Re: Ewing's foul trouble. It could be a problem, yes, especially since I need his efg to boost the team. But the backup C issue is null. I start 110% usage so there is a cushion. I think he will get his minutes, it's not like he is Tree Rollins. Dream always gets 40 MPG and fouls the same right?

Anyway, sorry to sound like nate by going on and on. You guys have more experience so I REALLY appreciate your feedback and for the chance to rationalize those aspects of my team. Can't wait to see what happens!
3/27/2014 3:12 PM (edited)
Posted by 98average on 3/27/2014 6:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 3/26/2014 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 3/26/2014 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Weren't you being a bit hard on sixernuggets? We all know who the first tank job in this league's drafting history was and it was last season by an ODL champion of all people. And what would be considered a fair trade for all of sixernuggets picks next season? This prolonged hatred and resentment  for that trade that I made with jethroegg many seasons ago is a bit concerning. Even the great ashamael said that swapping all of the picks between 2 owners is a fair deal.
I was just having fun with sixers...im sure he knew his team was gonna trashed when he drafted it

98 didnt tank during the draft last year...he actually thought his sh!tty team was gonna be good when he drafted it....i gave him banditone and he still sucked haha

haha theres no resentment about that trade...i just dont think its fair...thought we were just having fun taking jabs at eachother about it at this point

Sounds like somebody is a little bitter after being taken out behind the woodshed in the DDL.
youre damn right i am

i think i was on like a 20 game winning streak and then i get swept by your crappy 40 win iverson team...you must have sucked sebles d!ck for that one haha

3/27/2014 3:11 PM
The DDL is "toooo funny"..freak'n Connie Hawkins kicked our ***'s and won it all. lmao 
3/27/2014 4:13 PM
jkaye who is your back-up PG?

your team looks good in a lot of ways but there are some nits to pick - but that's true of any team here (there's a reason why I gave my team the name it's got, for instance, I overthought the 3rd round and I'm still kicking myself) - I think this league is top loaded with B and B+ teams - all sharks and hardly any guppies - so if I have you in the play-offs be happy

(also keep in mind that I weighted my ratings ( vis. the ratings: it's science guys, you wouldn't understand) with rebounding in mind (since that's one of my team's strengths) and your creb is kind of meh)
3/27/2014 4:51 PM (edited)
Posted by dh555 on 3/27/2014 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 98average on 3/27/2014 6:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 3/26/2014 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 3/26/2014 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Weren't you being a bit hard on sixernuggets? We all know who the first tank job in this league's drafting history was and it was last season by an ODL champion of all people. And what would be considered a fair trade for all of sixernuggets picks next season? This prolonged hatred and resentment  for that trade that I made with jethroegg many seasons ago is a bit concerning. Even the great ashamael said that swapping all of the picks between 2 owners is a fair deal.
I was just having fun with sixers...im sure he knew his team was gonna trashed when he drafted it

98 didnt tank during the draft last year...he actually thought his sh!tty team was gonna be good when he drafted it....i gave him banditone and he still sucked haha

haha theres no resentment about that trade...i just dont think its fair...thought we were just having fun taking jabs at eachother about it at this point

Sounds like somebody is a little bitter after being taken out behind the woodshed in the DDL.
youre damn right i am

i think i was on like a 20 game winning streak and then i get swept by your crappy 40 win iverson team...you must have sucked sebles d!ck for that one haha

Wait a minute.....seble has a dick?????
3/27/2014 4:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20 Next ▸
DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.