DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

It is very hard making picks trying to think of what scraps will be left in the 6th to fill in on this squad! 

But I think my top 3 is going to be amazing offensively and passable defensively with Maxwell in the fold. Also from 3 guys I have 

A lot of fouls and A TON of TO's
57.6 EFG%
2290 FTA
A decent start on the boards
And 36 ast% without a PG drafted yet
70 average defense

3/21/2014 11:42 AM (edited)
I had looked very hard at Webber and 2 other guys. I would have taken Webber had he made it to me. I find the thing I don't like about Shaq is being locked into having a guy that is JUST a C. INot being able to move him around is a bit annoying when thinking of drafting guys at the 3 and 4.
3/21/2014 11:44 AM
I think in theory, this trade was really great for both of us. I wonder if we will see this as somewhat of a blueprint moving forward. I think we both might have missed on the execution a bit (more so me then the logain) but as far as possibilities in building a team, I think both options are very attractive.
3/21/2014 11:49 AM
1. natenoy - Wilt Chamberlain, Horace Grant, Brent Barry
2. 98average - LeBron James, Mookie Blaylock, Robert Parish
3. banditone - Dikembe Mutombo, Clyde Drexler, Stephen Curry, M.L. Carr
4. tricky24 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Buck Williams, Ray Allen, Dana Barros
5. slymonium - Michael Jordan, Chauncey Billups, Shawn Kemp, Andrei Kirilenko
6. thomcat - Moses Malone, Bob McAdoo, Terry Porter, Gerald Wallace
7. longtallbrad - Dwight Howard, Donyell Marshall, Tom Boerwinkle, Kevin Johnson
8. scudmissle - Dennis Rodman, Alonzo Mourning, Elton Brand, Jerry West
9. logain - Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Durant, Cedric Maxwell
10. theyard2 - Karl Malone, Tyson Chandler, Larry Nance, Rajon Rondo
11. steelers821 - David Robinson, Jerry Lucas, Paul Pierce, Chris Webber
12. felonius - Tim Duncan, Julius Erving, Wes Unseld, Charlie Ward
13. dh555 - Charles Barkley, Anfernee Hardaway, Deron Williams, Anthony Mason
14. mikee1 - Artis Gilmore, Scottie Pippen, Serge Ibaka, Blake Griffin
15. pennsylvania - Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Emeka Okafo, Maurice Cheeks
16. smokey57 - Kevin Garnett, Gary Payton, Dirk Nowitzki, Wesley Person
17. jhsukow - Mel Daniels, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Kevin Love, Amare Stoudemire
18. tarheel1991 - Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobili, Andrew Bynum, Derek Harper
19. vancem - Chris Paul, Kevin McHale, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier
20. jkaye24 - Bill Russell, Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, Tracy McGrady
21. maglor1 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Walt Bellamy, Marques Johnson
22. sixernuggets - John Stockton, Bobby Jones, Jack Sikma, Dan Issel
23. eleibowitz - Dwyane Wade, Marcus Camby, Carlos Boozer, Nick Anderson
24. iccoachb - Magic Johnson, Shawn Marion, Zelmo Beaty, Pau Gasol
3/21/2014 2:09 PM (edited)
Posted by jhsukow on 3/21/2014 11:49:00 AM (view original):
I think in theory, this trade was really great for both of us. I wonder if we will see this as somewhat of a blueprint moving forward. I think we both might have missed on the execution a bit (more so me then the logain) but as far as possibilities in building a team, I think both options are very attractive.
I really don't think so. I am pretty sure trades like this have happened before (I have done it before). I got very lucky that Durant was there at my spot. I don't think people would be excited to give up all the picks I did for Hakeem or Tim Duncan.

But, if one of us makes the finals or we both go deep in the playoffs then maybe somebody will try it next year. 

I like it just because I haven't had to watch the draft the past few days!
3/21/2014 12:44 PM
It looks like its up to nate to take control of the draft now. If he sticks with a high usage Wilt the title is lost. But with the awesome role players drafted already in Barry and Grant along with a couple of high quality players left to pick that team would dominate. So is it more low usage role players or high usage gunners natenoy? Enquiring minds want to know LOL!

Well I have the answer but until 98average makes his much anticipated pick nobody will know what natenoy is doing. What's the over/under on how many more minutes . . . hours . . . days .  . .until 98 makes his pick?

3/21/2014 2:57 PM (edited)
5. slymonium - Michael Jordan, Chauncey Billups, Shawn Kemp, Andrei Kirilenko
10. theyard2 - Karl Malone, Tyson Chandler, Larry NanceRajon Rondo
11. steelers821 - David Robinson, Jerry Lucas, Paul Pierce, Chris Webber
19. vancem - Chris Paul, Kevin McHale, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier
20. jkaye24 - Bill Russell, Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, Tracy McGrady
does anyone else think those are the five best teams so far (not in order)
3/21/2014 3:00 PM
DH's team is definitely one of the best five.

Also I just noticed that it was DH who take Deron too.  What's the big idea taking Deron AND Penny jerk? Now I'm stuck with Derek Harper.

I almost picked Gerald Wallace instead but decided there weren't enough PG left that I liked to risk waiting on Harper. Might regret that. Crash is good value in the 4th.
3/21/2014 4:07 PM
I like what JKaye and Eleibowitz were able to do so far.
3/21/2014 4:23 PM
I am still curious what the point of Dikembe was.
Drexler and curry are a nice backcourt especially if paired with, I don't know...Dennis Rodman? Moses?
3/21/2014 5:21 PM
To me there was basically no point. The only thing that Mutumbo does better than Ben Wallace at the Center spot for a low usage player is shoot the ball at higher EFG%. Stephen Curry's defense is pretty weak. ML Carr shouldn't be drafted here. His rebounding at SF is way too weak and his 4.2 fouls per 48 minutes are too high.
3/21/2014 6:09 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 3/21/2014 3:00:00 PM (view original):
5. slymonium - Michael Jordan, Chauncey Billups, Shawn Kemp, Andrei Kirilenko
10. theyard2 - Karl Malone, Tyson Chandler, Larry NanceRajon Rondo
11. steelers821 - David Robinson, Jerry Lucas, Paul Pierce, Chris Webber
19. vancem - Chris Paul, Kevin McHale, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier
20. jkaye24 - Bill Russell, Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, Tracy McGrady
does anyone else think those are the five best teams so far (not in order)
Both Ewing & Robinson bring the kiss o' death. Don't like seeing CP/ Frazier paired. yards definately a problem, possibly sly too.
3/21/2014 7:05 PM
Nate adds Nate McMillan and Clifford Ray. I get it but Wilt could use a wing man to help with the scoring and there were a couple of SGs available that would have been perfect fits with 4 usage points.
3/21/2014 7:32 PM
    Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk%
  56 Paul Pierce 10-11 Celtics SF 24.3 54.4 37.2 55.1 1.5 15.7 12.3 1.4 1.1
  80 Chris Webber 96-97 Bullets PF 24.6 53.4 39.5 54.3 9.7 19.7 14.6 2.0 2.9
  50 Jerry Lucas 68-69 Royals PF 16.5 57.9 33.8 56.7 12.2 26.8 11.1 1.1 1.3
  100 David Robinson 90-91 Spurs C 26.6 55.1 14.6 55.2 12.0 23.2 7.7 1.7 5.6

what do you guys think?
3/21/2014 9:43 PM
Pierce's defense is a bit weak as is Lucas'. The EFG% is very good. Webber at SF has advantages. The usage is good. But who is the PG that can add the assists and especially help cover the defense of Pierce when needed? The nice thing is any PG will do with around 20% assists. 
3/21/2014 9:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...20 Next ▸
DH $52 XLIV - Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.