5 Season Coaching cycles Topic

Posted by usfbully on 3/18/2014 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 3/17/2014 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Is that for real? I'm at 1AA right now, and was considering moving up to 1A after the current season. But if I'm going to be fired after 5 seasons, then I might just stay where I am. Is it possible to get an elite team directly from 1AA?
If you get fired after 5 seasons in this game you suck and shouldnt be there to begin with.

The standards are ridiculously easy to stay at a position. You will probably drop after year 1 and get a meaningless email about it, but from then on unless you go sub .500 you are pretty much OK.

you have no idea what you are talking about.   If you are not making level 4 bowls at an elite you will be gone soon.
3/19/2014 10:14 AM
Tiger: My apologies for not making it more clear I was talking about Non-BCS and BCS programs.

Gillipsie, curious as to why your Rep is low? From the dev chat on firings: "Yes in that recruiting violations will effect your reputation, which plays a role in how your AD view your job status. A coach with a poor reputation will have to be more successful than a coach with a great reputation."

Either you're cut too many players which hurts your rep and causes you to need higher standards or you got caught with recruiting violations.

3/19/2014 2:58 PM
Cut players early on to build classes. No recruiting violations.
3/19/2014 3:09 PM
Posted by usfbully on 3/18/2014 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 3/17/2014 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Is that for real? I'm at 1AA right now, and was considering moving up to 1A after the current season. But if I'm going to be fired after 5 seasons, then I might just stay where I am. Is it possible to get an elite team directly from 1AA?
If you get fired after 5 seasons in this game you suck and shouldnt be there to begin with.

The standards are ridiculously easy to stay at a position. You will probably drop after year 1 and get a meaningless email about it, but from then on unless you go sub .500 you are pretty much OK.

I notice you don't have a team so have you played 3.0 or is this based off previous versions?
3/19/2014 6:26 PM
Maybe I have 6 aliases? Maybe I have played 3.0? Either way, did the update include changes to the firing process?
3/19/2014 10:10 PM
Well if you need 6 aliases to play this game then I wouldn't listen to your advice and no the firing process hasn't changed but the game engine gets spun with every update they do making the process of improving a long time SIM a challenge.
3/20/2014 10:33 AM
So, what you are admitting is like the Red Wings your question is irrelevant?
3/20/2014 11:17 AM
Oh you've answered my question alright and I agree with the statement at the top of the page, good day.
3/20/2014 2:07 PM
Right, so to recap you asked an irrelevant question about my experience. When I responded with some hypotheticals that were just as relevant as your red herring of a question you got pissy and created a strawman, to again further distract from the merit of the debate.

You can agree with Tigerpark all you want, he was wrong in his(her) assessment and you are a even more wrong for trying to use that off base statement as some sort of burn.

3/20/2014 5:03 PM
Recap the rebuttal. The question was relevant when you're calling somebody an idiot for getting fired after 5 seasons in the games current state and while your smarmy aliases comment was accurate the fact that you even brought that into the discussion insinuates that you've done it and shows low moral character in my mind. I'm also getting the impression that you think your 71 percent win percentage makes you an expert or you're just a brainiac in all things and therefore nobody can really have debate with you. Finally I don't know you from Adam so what do I gain by getting a "burn" I left twelve a long time ago and was merely agreeing with his assessment, go ahead and keep insulting me all you wish because I know when to quit.
3/20/2014 5:30 PM
To anybody else reading I know, get a room.
3/20/2014 5:35 PM
I think the elites in this game should change depending on the four-five year averages of each school's WIS rating. Take the top 10-15 programs  each year based on their average WIS ranking . That is much more realistic, becuase some of the teams that are "elites" in the game are not in real life, and some of the elites in this game are being run into the ground!
3/21/2014 1:44 PM
Posted by rgillespie70 on 3/19/2014 6:41:00 AM (view original):
I don't claim to be the greatest coach in the world, but I don't suck at it. I was at Ore. for 5 seasons. Went 5-8, 8-6, 8-6, 7-7, 9-6. played in 4 bowls, won 1 and was fired. Went to Cal. 6-8, 8-6, 8-6, 9-5, 9-5, 4 bowls, won 2. Will be fired in a day or two. Built nice programs for others to coach.
This is the situation I have always had the biggest complaint with.

I also think it is ridiculous that WIS doesn't recognize the difference in the starting position of the program.  If I take over a 0-13 team, I should have looser standards then if I take over a 15-0 defending national champion, but WIS treats those teams as equal if they are on the same tier and that is just silly and has absolutely no real life application. 

3/21/2014 1:53 PM
◂ Prev 12
5 Season Coaching cycles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.