11) jcred5 - Magic Johnson
12) robocoach - David Robinson
13) amerk1180 - Dwayne Wade
14) tarheel1991 - Kevin Durant
15-22) TBD
23) dh555 -
24) iccoachb -
4/2/2014 10:31 PM (edited)
Not to be difficult, but wouldn't Amerk get a shot at 13?
4/2/2014 3:42 PM

I really, REALLY don't like the draft starting way before I know where my draft slot is.  My draft slot plays a huge role in the way I plan out my picks, and because of my general inexperience, I rely heavily on extensive preparation and planning.

My current ODL team, Riggin' For Wiggins, was the exact team I put together in the event that a certain player fell to me.  The only player I didn't get that I wanted was a pretty insignificant round 6 pick (I had several backup choices just in case).

I hate to be the Grinch of the group, but when my turn to pick finally arrives, expect extreme delays.

4/2/2014 4:01 PM
it's pretty standard practice to wait for the current league to be completely finished before starting the draft.  The last time we did this, it turned out very ugly.
4/2/2014 4:14 PM
Next time we'll wait for the league to be completely finished. Then you can whine about that...or you can run the league if you don't like the way I run it..
4/2/2014 4:24 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 4/2/2014 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Next time we'll wait for the league to be completely finished. Then you can whine about that...or you can run the league if you don't like the way I run it..
You're doing a fine job smokey.  There will always be dissenters no matter what you do.  Just because I personally don't like the decision doesn't necessarily make it a bad one.
4/2/2014 4:29 PM
I just wanted to give a heads up that I'm not exactly a quick thinker when it comes to these drafts.  I like to really plan out every single round, and knowing where I am gives me a general idea who will fall to me and how to build around them.
4/2/2014 4:33 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/2/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Excellant point!  Are we going by records in the previous ODL?  If we are, I think I was 45-37, while tarheel was 53-29.  Wouldn't that entitle me to a higher pick?
4/2/2014 5:20 PM
wah-wah....you're doing fine smokey! thx for doing all that you do for this great league!!
4/2/2014 6:16 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 4/2/2014 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Not whining.  I stated what has happened in the past.  It did get ugly.  The commish swore he'd never do it again.  I personally don't care either way... though I am going out of town in 2 weeks so would like to be done by then so I like the early start.
4/2/2014 6:41 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/2/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Thx..just a brain fart. It's fixed. sm'd amerk & hell.
4/2/2014 7:01 PM
freudian slip..lol   
4/2/2014 7:02 PM

I start the league early cuz not all that long ago we we're having trouble filling leagues, now we seem to be doing great and have a wait list to boot. I will make it my practice to fill the league with the full understanding by everyone that the draft does not start until the PO's are finished. I'll include this the main post, that way I don't get asked why we're not starting. Hopefully this will give a certain amount of continuity to the drafting.

4/2/2014 7:13 PM
Thanks for the correction smokey, although it really does not matter whether I have 13 or 14.  There are two GREAT choices for either slot, so I am basically flipping a coin here....I will take the co-MVP of the latest ODL and pray he does the same for me"

Dwyane Wade, SG, Miami Heat
4/2/2014 7:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...44 Next ▸
The "Original Draft League" XLVII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.