2016 Presidential Race Topic

Cuomo + new face blank slate VP.  Hillary is old and damaged.

Walker and take your pick of any other conservative.  They tried to destroy Cruz but haven't been able to do it.  Mike Lee is around.  Christie won't get enough conservatives unless he has one of the first three with him.  If he picks a moderate VP you can forget it.  He better play nice in the debates.  Rubio isn't ready.  Paul has senate locked up for as long as he wants.  If he stays in too long Christie wins over a split between moderates, conservatives and libertarians unless the independents throw in with the conservatives.  All the rest have too much Bush on them or have been so destroyed by the media they have no chance in a primary or a general.  Their strength to the people the country the party and their future lies in cabinet posts and advisor roles. 

I look forward to seeing some of these people behind the dais and in a debate.  It's way early.  I agree with an earlier post.  Let's see what happens in 2014.
3/27/2014 7:40 PM
Didn't put Scott Walker on the list, but he'd fill the "Governor of a blue state" docket if Chris Christie doesn't run. His lack of charisma will be tough to overcome. He can flood the airwaves with "I took on the unions and won!" statements to help out his campaign bank account, however.

For people that dislike "career politicians" you should look elsewhere. Started running for office at 22 years old. First elected at 25 and has been in an elected position ever since. He's 46 years old now.
3/28/2014 2:34 AM (edited)
I'd have to think the fear (for Repubs) of trotting Walker out there is that he would do more to mobilize the pro-union opposition than he would to mobilize the base/conservative-leaning undecideds.
3/28/2014 10:36 AM
Jeb Bush states that undocumented immigrants come here as an "act of love", predictably gets hammered by numerous right wingers. If he runs this will get thrown in his face repeatedly. I think Speaker Boehner should have bit the bullet and passed the Senate bill, taking immigration off the table for the most part for the 2016 elections.

In 2008, McCain had to dump his own immigration plan to curry favor with his party.
In 2012, Romney said the "self deportation" method was the way to go for immigration, which got him roundly criticized.
4/9/2014 1:16 PM
and Rubio is afraid to even touch the issue after he got slammed by rw extremists
4/9/2014 1:35 PM
Deport em all. they are scofflaws, like hero Bundy+ Rush
5/9/2014 12:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bronxcheer on 5/9/2014 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Play dumb, dipshit
`
5/9/2014 3:22 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 5/9/2014 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Play dumb, dipshit
`
5/9/2014 4:33 PM
Play dumb, dipshit
/
5/9/2014 5:16 PM
I don't know much about Andrew Cuomo besides him being a legacy kid and his Wall Street supporters. All the Wall Street money in the world isn't going to make him the nominee in a Democratic primary.

I was thinking of someone more outside the box and I remember liking what I saw from John Hickenlooper (Gov-CO). Good personality. Signed some gun control laws. Should easily retain his Governorship in a purple state in his 2014 election. I saw though that he's separated from his wife. So throw that possibility out the window. This country will elect a gay, female, Muslim before it elects a person not currently in a nuclear family.
5/14/2014 2:02 PM
Problem is, whether or not anyone blows wind up your skirt, you'll get one of them.    So you either pick or ignore. 
5/15/2014 10:01 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.