2016 Presidential Race Topic

There you go. Stop trying to suck up to me. I told you your apology is not accepted.

7/22/2016 4:04 PM

The day after Donald Trump's "Midnight in America" speech, the Washington Post has said they will not even consider Trump for their endorsement, calling him a "unique threat to American democracy."

WaPo's editorial board wrote:

DONALD J. TRUMP, until now a Republican problem, this week became a challenge the nation must confront and overcome. The real estate tycoon is uniquely unqualified to serve as president, in experience and temperament. He is mounting a campaign of snarl and sneer, not substance. To the extent he has views, they are wrong in their diagnosis of America’s problems and dangerous in their proposed solutions. Mr. Trump’s politics of denigration and division could strain the bonds that have held a diverse nation together. His contempt for constitutional norms might reveal the nation’s two-century-old experiment in checks and balances to be more fragile than we knew.

Any one of these characteristics would be disqualifying; together, they make Mr. Trump a peril. We recognize that this is not the usual moment to make such a statement. In an ordinary election year, we would acknowledge the Republican nominee, move on to the Democratic convention and spend the following months, like other voters, evaluating the candidates’ performance in debates, on the stump and in position papers. This year we will follow the campaign as always, offering honest views on all the candidates. But we cannot salute the Republican nominee or pretend that we might endorse him this fall. A Trump presidency would be dangerous for the nation and the world.

Lead the way, Washington Post. I'm sure Trump will denounce them and say this is payback for him banning their reporters. It is not. This is intellectual honesty right here, and we need for our media to stop trying to normalize Trump and call him out for what and who he is.

7/22/2016 7:12 PM

PLEASE make the blocked people stop trying to talk to me!
7/22/2016 9:17 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 7/22/2016 7:12:00 PM (view original):

The day after Donald Trump's "Midnight in America" speech, the Washington Post has said they will not even consider Trump for their endorsement, calling him a "unique threat to American democracy."

WaPo's editorial board wrote:

DONALD J. TRUMP, until now a Republican problem, this week became a challenge the nation must confront and overcome. The real estate tycoon is uniquely unqualified to serve as president, in experience and temperament. He is mounting a campaign of snarl and sneer, not substance. To the extent he has views, they are wrong in their diagnosis of America’s problems and dangerous in their proposed solutions. Mr. Trump’s politics of denigration and division could strain the bonds that have held a diverse nation together. His contempt for constitutional norms might reveal the nation’s two-century-old experiment in checks and balances to be more fragile than we knew.

Any one of these characteristics would be disqualifying; together, they make Mr. Trump a peril. We recognize that this is not the usual moment to make such a statement. In an ordinary election year, we would acknowledge the Republican nominee, move on to the Democratic convention and spend the following months, like other voters, evaluating the candidates’ performance in debates, on the stump and in position papers. This year we will follow the campaign as always, offering honest views on all the candidates. But we cannot salute the Republican nominee or pretend that we might endorse him this fall. A Trump presidency would be dangerous for the nation and the world.

Lead the way, Washington Post. I'm sure Trump will denounce them and say this is payback for him banning their reporters. It is not. This is intellectual honesty right here, and we need for our media to stop trying to normalize Trump and call him out for what and who he is.

Trump is under the skin of the Washington Post.... Thank God!!!!! Trump is amazing!!!
7/22/2016 9:29 PM
Posted by moy23 on 7/22/2016 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I'm still waiting for the riots at the convention in cleveland....
They had fun there. Three bigoted groups, Westboro Baptist Church, KKK and Black Lives Matter had it out for a few minutes.
7/22/2016 9:50 PM
The DNC rigs their own Party's primary, then gets their former head on the ballot as VP.
Is that really the kind of corruption you want in charge of your Country?
The same Party that has made what improvements during their time in charge? Can anybody list just 1?
7/23/2016 7:26 PM
they've ****** you off. That's a plus in my book.
7/23/2016 8:02 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/23/2016 7:26:00 PM (view original):
The DNC rigs their own Party's primary, then gets their former head on the ballot as VP.
Is that really the kind of corruption you want in charge of your Country?
The same Party that has made what improvements during their time in charge? Can anybody list just 1?
For starters I can now smoke Cubans legally.
7/23/2016 9:17 PM
Democratic Party bigwigs enlisted prominent media outlets to slant coverage to boost Hillary Clinton and sandbag Bernie Sanders, according to some of the 19,000 e-mails hacked from the Democratic National Committee’s servers and posted to WikiLeaks.
7/24/2016 7:54 AM
Trump is going to win this election.... Big time!!!
7/24/2016 7:54 AM

President Obama’s Kenyan half-brother wants to make America great again — so he’s voting for Donald Trump.

“I like Donald Trump because he speaks from the heart,” Malik Obama told The Post from his home in the rural village of Kogelo. “Make America Great Again is a great slogan. I would like to meet him.”

Obama, 58, a longtime Democrat, said his “deep disappointment” in his brother Barack’s administration has led him to recently switch allegiance to “the party of Lincoln.”

7/24/2016 8:04 AM
Poll Date Clinton (D) Trump (R) Spread
RCP Average 7/8 - 7/22 44.6 42.6 Clinton +2.0
Gravis 7/21 - 7/22 49 51 Trump +2
LA Times 7/16 - 7/22 42 44 Trump +2
Reuters 7/16 - 7/20 40 36 Clinton +4
Rasmussen 7/18 - 7/19 42 43 Trump +1
7/24/2016 8:05 AM
#TRENDINGTRUMP

And the Donald hasn't spent a single dollar on general election advertising.
7/24/2016 8:05 AM
Does Tec still think that Trump has no chance of winning? MikeT?
7/24/2016 8:07 AM
Even Michael Moore thinks Trump will win. Michael Moore!?!?!
7/24/2016 8:10 AM
◂ Prev 1...389|390|391|392|393...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.