2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by The Taint on 2/14/2016 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/14/2016 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Fun fact.... Kennedy was nominated (i.e. picked) in 1987.... After Bork and Ginsberg were rejected or withdrew.

Obama can nominate anyone he wants.... The Senate can reject them until the cows come home, or more precisely 2017.
60 days makes a huge difference? LOL Senate has been rejecting **** for record amount of time all through Obama's tenure yet he keeps ramming **** up their ***. Get ready for this also.
Reagan had began nominating for the position in July of 87. Obama would begin the process almost 8 months after that. To put that in perspective, in 8 months from now we'd be weeks away from a presidential election.
2/14/2016 6:32 PM
Posted by DougOut on 2/14/2016 4:58:00 PM (view original):
You're not supposed to quote so much of the speech that it actually sounds reasonable and intelligent.  Oops.
2/14/2016 7:54 PM
2/14/2016 8:02 PM
Now Trump is threatening to run as an independent because he is convinced that the GOP are planting "boo birds" at his appearances?  He is also going so sue Ted Cruz because he does not believe he is legally allowed to run for President because he was born in Canada.  Why is this guy doing this after crushing the field in New Hampshire?  I don't understand what he is complaining about, but then again....I don't really understand the attraction to him as a candidate in the first place.  I think he will end up being a nightmare for Republicans, not a savior.  
2/15/2016 4:29 PM

WE LIKE TO POINT!  NOW GET OVER THERE!
2/15/2016 5:45 PM
Posted by winner77 on 2/15/2016 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Now Trump is threatening to run as an independent because he is convinced that the GOP are planting "boo birds" at his appearances?  He is also going so sue Ted Cruz because he does not believe he is legally allowed to run for President because he was born in Canada.  Why is this guy doing this after crushing the field in New Hampshire?  I don't understand what he is complaining about, but then again....I don't really understand the attraction to him as a candidate in the first place.  I think he will end up being a nightmare for Republicans, not a savior.  
he is getting his way. both situations are being used for leverage to benefit trump. keep the pressure on, especially when winning, otherwise you give others the chance to get back in the game.
2/15/2016 6:45 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
CHARLESTON, SC-SEVERAL FLYING SAUCERS WERE SPOTTED OVER THE CITY TODAY LOOKING FOR NUT JOBS.  ONE SPOTTED BRONX AND BEAMED HIM UP.  THEY THEN QUICKLY LEFT TO RETURN TO THEIR OWN UNIVERSE OF THE NICE MEN WITH WHITE COATS BECAUSE THEY'RE COMMING TO TAKE HIM AWAY HA HA!
2/15/2016 7:35 PM
don't gimme no lines & keep yo hands to yoself
2/15/2016 7:52 PM

Donald Trump is the clear front-runner heading into Saturday’s South Carolina Republican primary.

A new Public Policy Polling survey released Tuesday found Trump leading in the crucial third-nominating state by a large margin.

According to the poll, 35% of likely Republican voters supported Trump. Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) tied for second with 18%.

2/16/2016 8:22 PM

Property magnate Donald Trump crushed his GOP competition in a new Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.

Indeed, the pollster reported that "the Donald Trump juggernaut rolls" to a two-to-one lead over his primary foes in the survey.

Quinnipiac said Trump's 39% support in its national poll was his highest total yet.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) trailed with 19% support, followed by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who had 18%. The other candidates were all in single digits.

2/17/2016 8:28 AM

Get ready for it... President Trump!!

2/17/2016 8:30 AM
Posted by moy23 on 2/17/2016 8:30:00 AM (view original):

Get ready for it... President Trump!!

Obama saying he will never win should just about seal it. Obama's such a dumb@zz, he doesn't even realize what a huge boost him saying such a thing gives Trump.

2/17/2016 10:52 AM

How is Trump doing in CA, TX, FL, NY? Because, quite honestly, I think the whole "I'll run as an independent" is nothing more than a poorly-veiled threat to the Repub party. And I think he's making it because he's hedging his bets. Sure, he's doing fine in some states. But he needs the big ones. I can't imagine he's doing well in any of those 4 and I'm not very interested in looking it up.

2/17/2016 11:08 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/17/2016 11:08:00 AM (view original):

How is Trump doing in CA, TX, FL, NY? Because, quite honestly, I think the whole "I'll run as an independent" is nothing more than a poorly-veiled threat to the Repub party. And I think he's making it because he's hedging his bets. Sure, he's doing fine in some states. But he needs the big ones. I can't imagine he's doing well in any of those 4 and I'm not very interested in looking it up.

"Recent polls show Trump ahead by 17 points in Florida and 5 in Ohio." As of 2/14/16.

NY, TX, CA haven't been polled in a while.

2/17/2016 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 1...153|154|155|156|157...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.