2016 Presidential Race Topic

LMAO

BLOCKBUSTER!

BOMBSHELL!

BENGHAZI!
7/11/2015 4:40 AM
Walker isn't going to win ****, he's running his state into the ground and he's a notorious flip flopper. Just wait until the first audio clips of him talking about supporting a path for illegals to become citizens starts making the rounds...and that will be attack ads from his own party members who are trying for the nomination. The cannibalization that the GOP primaries are going to provide is going to be epic!
7/12/2015 3:02 AM (edited)
Walker is in.

Introduction video is ok. He makes a good point about he's actually accomplished things. He can definitely run as "I'm a doer, not a talker, these other guys are just talk." He should just recite something about beating up unions in every answer he gives. It's the red meat that is always talked about, but he did.

He needs to win Iowa and get all of the mainstream conservatives (Santorum, Huckabee, Perry, etc) to drop out ASAP (likely after Iowa) and endorse him over Jeb and Rubio. I think people that are Trump supporters would be likely to see Walker as a second choice as well.
7/13/2015 8:26 PM
I am actually going to bite the bullet and watch hannity tonight. can't stand hannity but really like walker. want to see how he does with his interview.
7/13/2015 9:51 PM
hannity is like bronxcheer. he keeps on repeating the same talking points and thinks if he yells louder than everyone else he wins.
7/13/2015 9:56 PM
"the left claims that they are for american workers - and they just got really lame ideas - things like minimum wage - instead of focusing on that we need to talk about how to get people the skills and the education, the qualifications they need to take on careers that make far more than the minimum wage"
7/13/2015 10:18 PM
With such great ideas it's crazy that Wisconsin ranks 38th in job growth or that Walker's budget called for 300 million in cuts to the U of W budget. At least he was all for giving the Bucks a nice little 220 million dollar subsidy for their new stadium. Those 12 guys will make plenty more than minimum wage I'm sure.
7/13/2015 10:48 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/13/2015 10:48:00 PM (view original):
With such great ideas it's crazy that Wisconsin ranks 38th in job growth or that Walker's budget called for 300 million in cuts to the U of W budget. At least he was all for giving the Bucks a nice little 220 million dollar subsidy for their new stadium. Those 12 guys will make plenty more than minimum wage I'm sure.
wisconsin unemployment rate went from 9.6% when he took office in 2010 down to 4.4% today. US unemployment = 5.4%. Wisconsin High School graduation rate = 88% = 2nd highest in the country. Has not raised property taxes in the last 6 years. losing the bucks will cost milwaukee and the state $6.5 million in tax revenue per year and is expected to go up - thats a lot to chew on. His budget also keeps UW tuition the same rate the next two years. Naysayers said public schools would flounder under Act-10... now even democratic districts are utilizing the additional authorities act 10 provides them as schools are flourishing. All this while democrats spent over $100 million to get him out of office... yet he won 3 times in 4 years in a blue state.
7/13/2015 11:13 PM (edited)
38th in job growth is going to resonate with nobody. Romney was 49th IIRC, didn't matter, he still got the nomination.

The path to citizenship thing is funny. What's the alternative? Is there some way to deport 11 MILLION people? If people are up in arms about the NSA, they sure as hell aren't going to like what it would take to find 11 million undocumented people. I saw Ted Cruz on Meet the Press last week, he filibustered continuously on what to do with all the people that are already here. You have to be realistic. Secure the border all nice and tight. Make them all pay taxes, have them pay a fine or whatever, and be done with it. 

The Senate passed an immigration bill with 68 Yes votes. The House didn't even look at the damn thing, because 10 years from now we might make some people citizens. We'd be much better off if that bill was passed.
7/14/2015 2:41 AM
Posted by moy23 on 7/13/2015 11:13:00 PM (view original):
wisconsin unemployment rate went from 9.6% when he took office in 2010 down to 4.4% today. US unemployment = 5.4%. Wisconsin High School graduation rate = 88% = 2nd highest in the country. Has not raised property taxes in the last 6 years. losing the bucks will cost milwaukee and the state $6.5 million in tax revenue per year and is expected to go up - thats a lot to chew on. His budget also keeps UW tuition the same rate the next two years. Naysayers said public schools would flounder under Act-10... now even democratic districts are utilizing the additional authorities act 10 provides them as schools are flourishing. All this while democrats spent over $100 million to get him out of office... yet he won 3 times in 4 years in a blue state.
SO YE BELIEVE THE "NUMBERS " WHEN IT COMES TO WALKER'S UNEMPLOYMENT RATE? HE IS NOT FUDGING THE NUMBERS LIKE OBAMA IS ACCUSED OF DOING?  OR THEY ARE ONLY LOW-PAYING JOBS? OR WALKER ISN'T COUNTING THE DROVES WHO HAVE GIVEN UP LOOKING FOR WORK? ANY OTHER  REPUG TALKING POINTS TO APPLY HERE?
7/14/2015 5:17 AM
Posted by moy23 on 6/5/2015 6:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 6/5/2015 5:38:00 AM (view original):
I was offered health care(wife's was better), got 10 days of paid vacation(as much unpaid as I wanted within reason), and invested in my retirement on my own. 

I left for multiple reasons. I got a job where I have weekends off, I made more money, and started doing something I love even more, selling beer.
So is that the norm in the industry? Crummy healthcare, 2 weeks of being paid minimum wage for vacation (you didn't get tips correct?), and no 401k/401k match? Sounds awesome.... 

You have to work weekends, and holidays and/or nights in many cases... Don't make 'that much' money (especially when figuring in the palty employee benefits), and I cant imagine how gratifying it must be serving food to people for a living. Again... Sounds awesome. 

I wouldnt be bragging about creating more server jobs... 

And temp jobs... 

And caretaker jobs... 

Don't get me wrong, there is a place for all those jobs... But let's not pretend all is well when the majority of jobs being created are low end jobs and wage growth remains stagnant after 6 years in office.
7/14/2015 5:28 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 7/14/2015 5:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/13/2015 11:13:00 PM (view original):
SO YE BELIEVE THE "NUMBERS " WHEN IT COMES TO WALKER'S UNEMPLOYMENT RATE? HE IS NOT FUDGING THE NUMBERS LIKE OBAMA IS ACCUSED OF DOING?  OR THEY ARE ONLY LOW-PAYING JOBS? OR WALKER ISN'T COUNTING THE DROVES WHO HAVE GIVEN UP LOOKING FOR WORK? ANY OTHER  REPUG TALKING POINTS TO APPLY HERE?
Last year in wisconsin the fastest growing sector was retail, then healthcare and social work (covers everything from surgeons to home health nurses to daycare centers), then construction, then manufacturing, then management positions.... All showing gains.

In order to collect unemployment in Wisconsin the individual is required to go to free atate sponsored job training classes so they are better equipped to rejoin the workforce (and can get back to work faster). I think that's a prudent way to spend tax payer money, and a great way to give people the skills to do more than just work a minimum wage job.
7/14/2015 6:25 AM (edited)
RETAIL?  MINIMUM WAGE?  JUST LIKE OBAMA!
7/14/2015 6:23 AM
CORPORATE WELFARE IS GOOD!

WILL THEY BE DRUG-TESTED BEFORE RECIEVING THE DOLE?
7/14/2015 6:26 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 7/14/2015 6:23:00 AM (view original):
RETAIL?  MINIMUM WAGE?  JUST LIKE OBAMA!
Retail jobs average nationally over $10/hr (even Walmart).... unlike the service industry. They might not be the sexiest or highest paying jobs but they are a sign of a growing Wisconsin economy. Retailers also typically provide better healthcare than restaurants. Would be interesting to see the breakdown of part-time vs full-time job growth in Wisconsin... All I can find is that in 2013 the involuntary part-time worker # was 5%.

I know I pay my retail people well. My lowest paid employee is $12/hr because I have talented people I don't want to lose over a couple dollars to a competitor... Who also pay well. (See how the free market works?)
7/14/2015 6:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.