2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 4/21/2016 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/21/2016 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/21/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I don't think that now. He might like to have one but he's boxed in. I think he's decided, at this point, that being POTUS might be the best way to spread the Trump brand.
Welcome, you've seen the light!!! Trump will do whatever it takes to make America great again and build his brand/family name by doing so. His ego will hold him accountable, he hates to lose. He doesn't need money, and he doesn't need power. He is 69 and wants to leave a long lasting legacy.
Again, you're proving that you're truly delusional.

People with money want more money. People with power want more power. People with massive egos want the spotlight shining brightly on them.

If you don't think that Trump's priorities are not (1) Trump; (2) Trump; (3) Trump; . . . (99) Trump: (100) America . . . you're fooling yourself.
What are Cruz and Clinton's priority? I think Trump genuinely cares more about america than either of them. People with no money want money. People with no power want money. I'm not sure what your point is? Trump is a billionaire... With a B. Let that sink in. He's famous too. He doesn't NEED money or fame at this point. He wants a legacy imo.
4/21/2016 10:48 PM
Posted by moy23 on 4/21/2016 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 4/21/2016 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/20/2016 10:00:00 PM (view original):
But I'm sure you have a life-size poster of it on your wall.
You want to know how to get one, don't you?

Face it, no matter what happens with Trump moving forward, you were incredibly, incredibly wrong about him as a candidate, and instead of simply admitting that, you'd rather continue TRYING to make people forget it by posting about total nonsense, like this.
Trump dumped another $11 million of his own money into his campaign for March.... Yet MikeT still thinks Trump is looking for an exit plan. Trump is looking to be President! Trump wants to win! Trump wants to make America great again!!!
Loans.
4/22/2016 12:03 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/21/2016 10:48:00 PM (view original):
I don't think that now. He might like to have one but he's boxed in. I think he's decided, at this point, that being POTUS might be the best way to spread the Trump brand.
Welcome, you've seen the light!!! Trump will do whatever it takes to make America great again and build his brand/family name by doing so. His ego will hold him accountable, he hates to lose. He doesn't need money, and he doesn't need power. He is 69 and wants to leave a long lasting legacy.

People with money want more money. People with power want more power. People with massive egos want the spotlight shining brightly on them.

If you don't think that Trump's priorities are not (1) Trump; (2) Trump; (3) Trump; . . . (99) Trump: (100) America . . . you're fooling yourself.
What are Cruz and Clinton's priority? I think Trump genuinely cares more about america than either of them. People with no money want money. People with no power want money. I'm not sure what your point is? Trump is a billionaire... With a B. Let that sink in. He's famous too. He doesn't NEED money or fame at this point. He wants a legacy imo.
The "legacy" Trump wants is to add POTUS to his list of achievements. What he does as President is less important (to him) than the fact that he was President.

Again, Trump is all about Trump. He has a massive ego to feed. All other considerations are secondary.
4/22/2016 6:41 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/22/2016 6:41:00 AM (view original):

The "legacy" Trump wants is to add POTUS to his list of achievements. What he does as President is less important (to him) than the fact that he was President.

Again, Trump is all about Trump. He has a massive ego to feed. All other considerations are secondary.
You don't understand Trump. He doesn't like to fail. If he does something he puts everything into it. He's not just looking to add POTUS to his resume. He's looking to be the best damn president ever. That's how he operates. He's built that way.
4/22/2016 9:22 AM
Uh, when you declare bankruptcy, you're declaring failure while trying to save some $$$.

Someone who "doesn't like to fail" won't declare bankruptcy. He will fight thru it.
4/22/2016 9:25 AM
As the head of a business, isn't "trying to save some $$$" a pretty top priority?
Isn't saving the jobs that go along with saving that $ also a top priority?
Isn't it actually a stronger person who puts their own pride aside for the betterment of their company and his employees?
I realize that's a difficult question for someone who feels he's never been wrong or made a mistake to answer, but try to imagine.

4/22/2016 10:02 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/22/2016 9:25:00 AM (view original):
Uh, when you declare bankruptcy, you're declaring failure while trying to save some $$$.

Someone who "doesn't like to fail" won't declare bankruptcy. He will fight thru it.
Smart businessmen know when to cut bait... One of the things I admire about Trump is just that. In reality almost every successful entrepreneur has failed before they became successful, it's how these guys rebound and what they've learned from their failures that makes them great. I want a businessman in office. One of the things that ****** me off is when our politicians throw good money after bad ideas (see SunEdison)..... I love that Trump had some bad ideas and he stopped throwing good money at it. You should admire that too.... And the fact that Trump has only had 4 bad ideas in over 500 business ventures.

Trump is a workaholic. He didnt fail because of lack of fighting.
4/22/2016 10:59 AM (edited)
Posted by moy23 on 4/22/2016 9:23:00 AM (view original):

You don't understand Trump. He doesn't like to fail. If he does something he puts everything into it. He's not just looking to add POTUS to his resume. He's looking to be the best damn president ever. That's how he operates. He's built that way.
Trump is not looking to be "the best damn President ever". He's looking to become President. So that he can add POTUS to his resume. Because he has a massive ego.

Remember when he was the best damn football team owner ever, around 30 years ago? How did that work out, one defunct football league and an uncashed check for $3.76 later? Is that the model for how he's going to "Make America Great Again"?
4/22/2016 11:01 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/22/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):

Smart businessmen know when to cut bait... One of the things I admire about Trump is just that. In reality almost every successful entrepreneur has failed before they became successful, it's how these guys rebound and what they've learned from their failures that makes them great. I want a businessman in office. One of the things that ****** me off is when our politicians throw good money after bad ideas (see SunEdison)..... I love that Trump had some bad ideas and he stopped throwing good money at it. You should admire that too.... And the fact that Trump has only had 4 bad ideas in over 500 business ventures.

Bankruptcy is taking advantage of the system. But, without doubt, it is an acceptance of failure.

Like it or not, your boy "who doesn't like to fail" has accepted failure when he could have carried on.
4/22/2016 11:07 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/22/2016 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/22/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):

Bankruptcy is taking advantage of the system. But, without doubt, it is an acceptance of failure.

Like it or not, your boy "who doesn't like to fail" has accepted failure when he could have carried on.
OK. You missed the point. Trumps business is $10 billion dollars today... Probably in some part because he learned from those failures. The federal government is $19 trillion in debt.... Probably because they don't know when to stop throwing good money at bad ideas.

You are making the case that Google is a huge failure because they bought Motorola Solutions and sold it a few years later for a tremendous loss. Yet, today Google is one of the most successful companies of our time, maybe ever.
4/22/2016 11:20 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/22/2016 11:01:00 AM (view original):

Trump is not looking to be "the best damn President ever". He's looking to become President. So that he can add POTUS to his resume. Because he has a massive ego.

Remember when he was the best damn football team owner ever, around 30 years ago? How did that work out, one defunct football league and an uncashed check for $3.76 later? Is that the model for how he's going to "Make America Great Again"?
30 years ago..... What a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach!!!!
Haters Gotta Hate, right Tec?
4/22/2016 11:21 AM
No, I'm making the point that your boy has accepted failure in order to save himself some $$$. It's not that he "doesn't like to fail" as he has accepted it at least 4 times(I'm not counting divorces which is also an acceptance of failure), he doesn't like to lose money.
4/22/2016 11:23 AM
That said, I can accept that he "doesn't like to fail". I'm going to make a list of people I know who do, actually, like to fail.

OK, I think I'm done.

4/22/2016 11:39 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/22/2016 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/22/2016 11:01:00 AM (view original):

30 years ago..... What a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach!!!!
Haters Gotta Hate, right Tec?
The point is . . . Trump made poorly thought out "business decisions", solely intended to force an anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL that would give him a big payoff, and failed miserably. An entire sports league went defunct, and hundreds of people lost their jobs.

That's part of your boy's track record. That's what you're signing up for,
4/22/2016 11:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/22/2016 11:23:00 AM (view original):
No, I'm making the point that your boy has accepted failure in order to save himself some $$$. It's not that he "doesn't like to fail" as he has accepted it at least 4 times(I'm not counting divorces which is also an acceptance of failure), he doesn't like to lose money.
Motorola Solutions, Google+, Google Glass, Google Video, Google wave, Google lively, google answers, Google notebook, dodgeball..... All failures..... Google must suck!!!!

MikeT's argument ^^
4/22/2016 11:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...277|278|279|280|281...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.