2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 4/26/2016 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:07:00 PM (view original):
tec, you agree with me. You're just arguing because it's me.
Once again, I'm amused by your presumption that you know what I think and how I feel about things better than I do.

If you're going to insist that I "agree" with you that there are more idiots in the Republican Party than the Democratic Party, you would be wrong. There are large numbers of idiots in both parties.
Please show where I said that there are more idiots in the GOP than there are in the Democratic party.

I said Trump appeals to idiots. Which is a statement you agree with.

The fact that he's leading the GOP race is evidence that there are a lot of idiots in the GOP.
4/26/2016 1:34 PM
Posted by moy23 on 4/26/2016 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Except it isn't really the same thing.

You (or I) may disagree with Clinton's policy preferences or dislike her as a candidate but voting for her in the primary is still a rational action if you are a Democrat.

Voting for Trump in the GOP primary is completely irrational if you are Republican. He is going to get smoked in the general election and people that think otherwise are delusional. Voting for Trump in the primary actually helps Clinton.
Hillary Clinton holds just a 3-point lead over Republican front-runner Donald Trump in a national head to head matchup, according to a George Washington University Battleground Poll.

And Trump hasn't even started on Crooked Hillary yet
That's basically the only poll on earth showing him within 7 points of her.

Don't cherry pick.
4/26/2016 1:35 PM
Well, you said that there are more idiots than non-idiots in the GOP.

Would you say that there are also more idiots than non-idiots in the Democratic Party?
4/26/2016 1:36 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/26/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):

Would you say that there are also more idiots than non-idiots in the Democratic Party?
Trump is leading the GOP race. What other conclusion should I draw?
4/26/2016 1:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/26/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):

Trump is leading the GOP race. What other conclusion should I draw?
So you're not going to answer the question?

It's either "yes" or "no".
4/26/2016 1:40 PM
That is an answer. Trump is getting more GOP votes than anyone else. That seems like evidence that there are more idiots than non-idiots. Do you agree?
4/26/2016 1:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:35:00 PM (view original):

You (or I) may disagree with Clinton's policy preferences or dislike her as a candidate but voting for her in the primary is still a rational action if you are a Democrat.

Voting for Trump in the GOP primary is completely irrational if you are Republican. He is going to get smoked in the general election and people that think otherwise are delusional. Voting for Trump in the primary actually helps Clinton.
Hillary Clinton holds just a 3-point lead over Republican front-runner Donald Trump in a national head to head matchup, according to a George Washington University Battleground Poll.

Don't cherry pick.
And by cherry-picked you mean provided you with the most recent polling?
4/26/2016 1:43 PM
Look, I'm not going to get sucked into your vortex of stupidity.

You're avoiding my direct question. If you're not going to answer it, for whatever reason, then just say so and move on.
4/26/2016 1:43 PM
Posted by moy23 on 4/26/2016 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:35:00 PM (view original):

Don't cherry pick.
And by cherry-picked you mean provided you with the most recent polling?
http://www.suffolk.edu/documents/SUPRC/4_25_2016_marginals.pdf

More recent. Clinton +11.
4/26/2016 1:45 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/26/2016 1:43:00 PM (view original):

You're avoiding my direct question. If you're not going to answer it, for whatever reason, then just say so and move on.
Yes, there are more idiots in the GOP than non-idiots. Evidenced by the fact that Trump is leading the race.
4/26/2016 1:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/26/2016 1:43:00 PM (view original):

Yes, there are more idiots in the GOP than non-idiots. Evidenced by the fact that Trump is leading the race.
That wasn't the question.
4/26/2016 2:01 PM
I mean, the Democrats aren't committing electoral suicide. So it's a no unless Sanders somehow beats Clinton.
4/26/2016 2:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/26/2016 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 1:07:00 PM (view original):
tec, you agree with me. You're just arguing because it's me.
Once again, I'm amused by your presumption that you know what I think and how I feel about things better than I do.

If you're going to insist that I "agree" with you that there are more idiots in the Republican Party than the Democratic Party, you would be wrong. There are large numbers of idiots in both parties.
Please show where I said that there are more idiots in the GOP than there are in the Democratic party.

I said Trump appeals to idiots. Which is a statement you agree with.

The fact that he's leading the GOP race is evidence that there are a lot of idiots in the GOP.
Looks like you just said there are more idiots in the GOP than in the Democratic party.

I disagree. There are tons of idiots in both parties. You're proof.
4/26/2016 2:18 PM
Walk me through how I said that.

Because, from my point of view, the existence of idiots (even tons of idiots) in the Democratic party doesn't invalidate the argument that there are more idiots in the GOP than non-idiots.
4/26/2016 2:23 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 4/26/2016 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Walk me through how I said that.

Because, from my point of view, the existence of idiots (even tons of idiots) in the Democratic party doesn't invalidate the argument that there are more idiots in the GOP than non-idiots.
1) You said that there are more idiots than non-idiots in the GOP.

2) I asked "Would you say that there are also more idiots than non-idiots in the Democratic Party?"

3) You responded "The Democrats aren't committing electoral suicide. So it's a no unless Sanders somehow beats Clinton."
4/26/2016 2:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...284|285|286|287|288...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.