2016 Presidential Race Topic

If Hillary put the minor miners out of work, it sounds like she was enforcing the child labor laws. This isn't 1916 anymore.

5/18/2016 7:23 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I live in PA, and I'll take that bet. Not only are people here fed-up with "Business as Usual" politics, but they are incredibly annoyed at the in-state Democrats, which will greatly influence their POTUS voting. Trump has already close what (I believe was) once was a double-digit deficit to less than 2%, and he has almost 6 more months to keep going. He may not win the Country, but he'll win PA.
5/18/2016 12:26 PM
Northeast PA will also go very stongly for Hillary. She has ties there. The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and surrounding areas are very heavily Democratic.
5/18/2016 12:55 PM
There is always a 1st time gentlemen, and there has never before been an election process this like one.
I not only believe Trump will win PA, but if the State's Democrats make a mockery of the Budget process again this year, Republican may become the new norm in PA.
5/18/2016 1:03 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/18/2016 1:03:00 PM (view original):
There is always a 1st time gentlemen, and there has never before been an election process this like one.
I not only believe Trump will win PA, but if the State's Democrats make a mockery of the Budget process again this year, Republican may become the new norm in PA.
You are greatly overestimating the mentality of many Pennsylvanians. I can speak for NEPA, since I grew up there are still have many connection there. You will NEVER see them go red. NEVER.
5/18/2016 1:13 PM
Poll Date Clinton (D) Trump (R) Spread
RCP Average 4/22 - 5/10 47.0 41.8 Clinton +5.2
Gravis 5/10 - 5/10 48 46 Clinton +2
PPP (D) 5/6 - 5/9 47 41 Clinton +6
CNN/ORC 4/28 - 5/1 54 41 Clinton +13
Rasmussen 4/27 - 4/28 39 41 Trump +2
IBD/TIPP 4/22 - 4/28 47 40 Clinton +7
5/18/2016 2:55 PM
Down to 5.2

#trendingtrump
5/18/2016 2:56 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/18/2016 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/18/2016 1:03:00 PM (view original):
You are greatly overestimating the mentality of many Pennsylvanians. I can speak for NEPA, since I grew up there are still have many connection there. You will NEVER see them go red. NEVER.
You mean like Trump will NEVER, NEVER win the nomination? You, and several others, have continued to make incorrect projections for months and months now. I'd think at some point you'd cut your losses and stop trying to pretend you can forecast anything about this election.
5/18/2016 3:51 PM
I remember Bill Clinton and James Carville commenting that Pennsylvania is like Alabama, with two big Yankee cities at opposite ends of the state
5/18/2016 5:00 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 5/18/2016 6:03:00 PM (view original):
The following is cut and pasted without Dougies permission. Hope he does not try and sue me

Donald Trump accidentally revealed the flip side of the usual racist-hater-bully he usually is in an interview with the New York Times Magazine.

We've all heard the lines about building walls, and how he feels about crime. But until today, those were just bully words coming from a swaggering bully-man. Now we get some true insight into his character.

He's terrified.

When asked about whether he would visit Iraq, he nearly recoiled in horror, telling the interviewer, "Never!". But it was the interviewer's observation of Trump's obvious recoil in horror that gave away the game. God forbid a presidential aspirant would go to a country full of brown Muslims. It's not the religion, folks. It's the color. He's afraid.

When he was asked a follow-up question about what cities he thinks are most dangerous right here in the U.S. of A, Trump was quick to name a few. Brooklyn, he said, and “there are places in America that are among the most dangerous in the world. You go to places like Oakland. Or Ferguson. The crime numbers are worse. Seriously.”

It's no accident that he named two cities which are heavily African-American, now is it?

The bully-man is terrified. Hair Drumpf* is utterly, completely, and totally scared out of his mind by black and brown people. He doesn't merely hate them, which he certainly does. He's actually afraid of them.

And he wants to be the leader of the free world. Maybe he should seek therapy for his phobias first.

This extract is a case in point where some guy on the left thinks that he's really scored a few debate points when he actually hasn't. At all.

Iraq is in total turmoil, and Trump says he doesn't want to visit. (When was the last time Obama visited? Biden? Kerry? Iraq has been one of the administration's concerns for a long time.) Then, in a borderline theological jump, the author goes from Trump's disinclination to visit Iraq to projecting a hatred of "brown people."

Naively, I thought that maybe to explain this jump in logic, there might be something exonerating in the actual text of the interview. But there wasn't, of course.

Perhaps Mr. RCBracco hasn't seen the latest reportage about murder and crime in Chicago. There was a feature on it on the O'Reilly factor recently. I don't usually watch, but it popped up on YouTube. Arrests (per year) in the worst parts of Chicago have dropped from 160,000 to 30,000, and murder rates have skyrocketed.

But sure, before we even talk about the actual crime problem, let's whine about how Trump must be a racist for pointing out that there are places in America which are statistically some of the most dangerous in the world. (And this is actually statistically true, and was noted in the O'Reilly feature as well.)

America is tired of people who become apoplectic at the mention of the crime rates vis-a-vis race. The people who are suffering the most are the minorities themselves because white liberals have made it harder for the police to go into bad minority neighborhoods and protect people. Shameful. There is a pernicious obscurantism about the way people on the left look at these issues, and it's NOT HELPFUL. And of course it also applies to the refusal to face and honestly talk about Islamism.

Donald Trump represents the ultimate threat to this way of thinking, and it's fantastic.
5/18/2016 6:40 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...328|329|330|331|332...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.