2016 Presidential Race Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Who fits that description in your opinion? I read where Cruz talked about when Republicans nominate conservatives for President they win and when they select moderates they lose. I get what he's saying but guys like Santorum instead of Romney or Huckabee instead of McCain would have been crushed by Obama as bad or perhaps worse.
6/25/2014 1:15 PM
Therein lies the problem. Personally, I am not convinced we have that candidate anywhere.

The conservative base cannot and will not carry an election. When we nominate an über-conservative candidate like Cruz, we please the base but we lose swing voters.

If I am being honest, I don't know enough about many of the candidates yet to give a qualified answer. I can speculate, but I'm not sure I'd be informed enough. I'll do some research over the next couple of days and present "my candidate."

As for now, I will say that Chris Christie was the guy I and many others saw as the guy for awhile. I thought it was his race to lose, now I am not so sure. I like Paul Ryan but I can't see him pulling enough votes. I like Ben Carson as well, but the fact that he has never served in politics makes me extremely nervous.
6/25/2014 9:18 PM
Like Obama.
6/25/2014 9:48 PM
Herman Cain

lmao
6/26/2014 5:33 AM
Cresty... racist to the core.
6/26/2014 10:03 AM
a Ted Cruz/ Allan West ticket.............PLEASE

LMAO!
6/26/2014 2:51 PM
More Ted Cruz. Convinced House Repubs to shutdown the government at the end of last year, and just managed to get House Repubs to not vote for a Boehner border bill that didn't have a chance of getting signed into law.

IF he ran, he'd likely have the backing of the majority of elected officials who choose to endorse candidates (many don't endorse until victory of one individual is clear, so they don't end up backing the wrong person). What I ponder is that Ted Cruz is an extremely intelligent man, and perhaps he knows that he'd be toast if he became the Republican nominee, is if he chooses not to run for President and instead tries to be Kingmaker in return for being named VP. This would allow him to be attack dog which he excels at, bringing conservatives to the polls, while whomever gets the nomination (Christie, Jeb, etc) can stay above the fray and moderate their positions to the public.
8/2/2014 1:29 AM
Gov. Rick (these glasses make me look smarter) Perry indicted for coercion+ abuse of power in Texas
8/15/2014 7:42 PM
Just read up on it... Perry threatens veto on a bill if District Attorney (who had a DUI) doesn't resign. DA doesn't resign, Perry vetoes bill. Question is if there is hard evidence of Perry making a direct veto threat if DA doesn't resign.
8/15/2014 11:10 PM
A few weeks ago Hillary puffed some information against what President Obama did in foreign policy decisions, and the Obama folks didn't like that.

It's a bit too soon for her to make any negative statements about Obama, and to be honest she should vanish from the national stage until early next year. Do the handshakes and rallies with 2014 candidates but don't grant any interviews. Look what Chris Christie's doing, which is nothing, just waiting until after mid-terms to come back to the public eye.

When the time comes though, the Obama people need to get out of the way and allow Hillary to scorch earth distancing herself from him. The gameplan will be for Repubs to say Hillary is a 3rd Obama term vs Hillary trying to make it a 3rd Bill Clinton term. In 2000, Bill Clinton told the Gore people to do and say whatever it took against the Clinton personal scandals to help him win, but Gore refused. Bill knew the game, and the Obama folks should get with the program.
9/10/2014 2:48 AM
Gore won that election, though. God forsake us, NO 9/11, No Iraq disaster, no Great Bush Depression..........
9/10/2014 6:20 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 9/10/2014 2:48:00 AM (view original):
A few weeks ago Hillary puffed some information against what President Obama did in foreign policy decisions, and the Obama folks didn't like that.

It's a bit too soon for her to make any negative statements about Obama, and to be honest she should vanish from the national stage until early next year. Do the handshakes and rallies with 2014 candidates but don't grant any interviews. Look what Chris Christie's doing, which is nothing, just waiting until after mid-terms to come back to the public eye.

When the time comes though, the Obama people need to get out of the way and allow Hillary to scorch earth distancing herself from him. The gameplan will be for Repubs to say Hillary is a 3rd Obama term vs Hillary trying to make it a 3rd Bill Clinton term. In 2000, Bill Clinton told the Gore people to do and say whatever it took against the Clinton personal scandals to help him win, but Gore refused. Bill knew the game, and the Obama folks should get with the program.
Problem here is that she was once backing and defending many of those same decisions that she is now trying to distance herself from.

Worse yet she's even trying to distance herself from decisions that were 100% correctly made at the time.

9/10/2014 6:44 AM
We don't know for sure what she wanted to do or not do. She was in a position to give advice, of course, but overall the Prez makes the final decisions. If she made public statements against the President Obama's decisions that would be insubordination. She's clearly a warhawk interventionist, and there were rumblings that she was displeased towards the decisions (or lack thereof) regarding Syria.

That might be a tough sell though. "Yeah I was in position to help enforce our foreign policy, but all these bad things that happened, well, I was against the decisions made that led up to them."
9/10/2014 11:54 AM
No matter what, she's gonna come off as a Monday morning quarterback for decisions that she should have been guiding...

Like an offensive coordinator saying "Remember that draw play back in 2009?  Yeah, I was against that, but the head coach overruled me."
9/10/2014 12:20 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.