2016 Presidential Race Topic

Moy prob has a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest above his kids bed.
7/31/2016 2:47 PM
I would defend but my posts are too lon
7/31/2016 3:23 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/31/2016 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/31/2016 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Arizona is not in play...

A new general election poll of Arizona voters (full pdf below) conducted by independent organization IWS research shows Donald Trump with a 7.5 advantage (48.8%) over Hillary Clinton (41.3%).
So one poll showing a 7 point lead is enough to consider a state "not in play?"

If that's the case, Pennsylvania is not in play. Last two polls show Clinton with a 9 point lead.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-clinton-ahead-or-even-midwest-battlegrounds-n608651
You're posting a link to an 18 day old article. Better check the latest PA polls. Oh that's right, you had a chance to do so when I posted it for you, but you discredited it because it didn't say what you wanted it to.
7/31/2016 3:32 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/31/2016 3:32:00 PM (view original):

A new general election poll of Arizona voters (full pdf below) conducted by independent organization IWS research shows Donald Trump with a 7.5 advantage (48.8%) over Hillary Clinton (41.3%).

If that's the case, Pennsylvania is not in play. Last two polls show Clinton with a 9 point lead.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-clinton-ahead-or-even-midwest-battlegrounds-n608651
You're posting a link to an 18 day old article. Better check the latest PA polls. Oh that's right, you had a chance to do so when I posted it for you, but you discredited it because it didn't say what you wanted it to.
I just saw something on the news (might have been CBS) on Friday that showed Hillary with a 7-9% lead in PA.
7/31/2016 4:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/31/2016 4:40:00 PM (view original):

I just saw something on the news (might have been CBS) on Friday that showed Hillary with a 7-9% lead in PA.
Page 9 of today's Harrisburg, PA paper says that the latest Marist and Quinnipiac polls "show Trump with leads over Clinton of 5 and 7 percentage points." Guess they're polling different Pennsylvanians. These widely varying results are just part of why I keep saying how worthless polls are.
7/31/2016 5:47 PM
It depends on where in Pennsylvania it is. Philly and the Pitt are liberal. The rest of the state is red as hell.
7/31/2016 7:03 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by sjpoker on 7/31/2016 7:03:00 PM (view original):
It depends on where in Pennsylvania it is. Philly and the Pitt are liberal. The rest of the state is red as hell.
Scranton (NE PA) is very strong Democrat. Joe Biden was born there, and Hillary's dad was born (and is buried) there.
7/31/2016 10:12 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/31/2016 9:17:00 PM (view original):

There's a poll from 7/27 that says the exact same thing. Two most recent polls show Clinton by 9.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/pa/pennsylvania_trump_vs_clinton-5633.html
Maybe you should send your link to the Patriot News, Marist, and Quinnipiac, since they disagree.
This all reaffirms what I've been saying for over a year - polls are garbage, and those who put any stock in them are fools. (see numerous primary results for further affirmation.)
7/31/2016 10:15 PM
“We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign,” Assange told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Friday night from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where the 45-year-old Australia native has been living in exile for several years. “That is correct to say that.”
8/1/2016 5:54 AM

A report out Monday, “From Russia With Money — Hillary Clinton, the Russian Reset and Cronyism,” raises serious questions about the cash connections between the Clintons and participants in the State Department’s failed five-year effort to improve, or “reset,” US-Russia relations during Hillary’s reign as secretary of state.

Key players in a main component of the reset — a Moscow-based Silicon Valley-styled campus for developing biomed, space, nuclear and IT technologies called “Skolkovo” — poured tens of millions of dollars into the Clinton Foundation, the report by journalist Peter Schweizer alleges.

As the Obama administration’s top diplomat, Hillary Clinton was at the center of US efforts on the reset in general and Skolkovo in particular, Schweizer argues.

Yet, “Of the 28 US, European and Russian companies that participated in Skolkovo, 17 of them were Clinton Foundation donors” or sponsored speeches by former President Bill Clinton, Schweizer told The Post.

8/1/2016 5:56 AM
Do we really need more evidence to prove that Rodham is corrupt fool?
8/1/2016 9:21 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/31/2016 10:29:00 PM (view original):
The polling averages, with few exceptions, were right in the primaries.

Any one poll could be wrong, so it's useful to look at groups of polls. Groups of polls show Clinton with a big lead in PA. Including Marist, whose most recent PA poll had Clinton up by 8.
Forgive me if I trust a well-respected PA newspaper over a WIS post.
8/1/2016 10:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...402|403|404|405|406...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.