2016 Presidential Race Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I genuinely don't give a **** what popularity polls say.
7/29/2015 2:18 PM
Especially a Rasmussen poll. Rasmussen polls are notoriously inaccurate and biased.
7/29/2015 2:19 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/29/2015 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Especially a Rasmussen poll. Rasmussen polls are notoriously inaccurate and biased.
Oh, look.  BL is appealing to authority.
7/29/2015 2:48 PM
Yeah, that's not really the same thing. But nice try. You'll get it one day.
7/29/2015 2:55 PM
Sure it is.  It's EXACTLY the same thing as what you try to accuse me of.

7/29/2015 3:03 PM
No, it really isn't.

I'm not shocked that you don't get it.
7/29/2015 3:09 PM
I'm not shocked that you again deny what's obvious.
7/29/2015 3:14 PM
Your point is only obvious to you. You have to know what an appeal to authority is before you can accuse someone of doing it. Go read Wikipedia or something and come back when you have a clue.
7/29/2015 3:20 PM
Oh, I get it.  You're so dumb that when you say stupid things, even you don't understand what you're saying.

Got it.

7/29/2015 3:25 PM
What did I say that was stupid?
7/29/2015 3:29 PM
Here, tec, I'll lay it out for you.

This is an appeal to authority:

My opinion is X. I'm right because Y agrees with me.

Example: Edgar Martinez doesn't belong in the hall and the BBWAA voters agree.

This is not an appeal to authority:

My opinion is X. Here is evidence.

Example: Rasmussen polls are bad. Here is a link to times when the Rasmussen poll was very wrong.
7/29/2015 3:34 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 7/29/2015 12:08:00 AM (view original):
Rand Paul is struggling. His SuperPAC pulled in very little, he's dropping in the polls, and he's not invited to the closed doors meetings with the mega-donors anymore.

He had a decent strategy in trying to keep most stances that his father had, but being a bit more hawkish. Unfortunately for him, it has turned out very poorly, as he's bled potential voters as he looks like a turncoat. Still plenty of time before Iowa/NH, but it isn't looking good for him.

As a Dem, I'm not sad to see him drift off. I think the only candidates that can beat Hillary are Bush, Rubio, and Paul.
Bush can't beat Hillary.  The same guy with a different name might be able to, but not as a Bush.

As I said months ago, when you didn't even think he was going to run, Rubio is clearly the strongest potential Republican candidate.

7/29/2015 3:51 PM
****, even I'd consider voting for Rubio.
7/29/2015 4:09 PM
Bush has huge money and a network. He can stop the bleeding of hispanic voters with his Mexican wife and kiddo, along with support of an immigration bill. Florida would be in the bag for him, and he can pick Rob Portman or John Kasich to help out in Ohio. He's the toughest non-Rubio for the Dems to try and defeat.

I thought Jeb being in, would push Rubio out. I've long been a Rubio proponent though. I thought Romney f'd up by picking Ryan instead of Rubio.

1/7/2013 9:05 AM

The base of the party isn't going to support the guy that praised President Obama or knocks the Republican House of Reps. You don't think that will come up repeatedly in attack ads and debates? Huntsman got knocked repeatedly because he served his country as Ambassador of China.

Yes Romney-care affected Romney's support, but the field was so weak that it didn't matter.

The '16 field for Republicans will be strong with Rubio, Bush, Ryan, Daniels, Christie, Walker, Huckabee, and a quite few more potentially running.

8/11/2012 6:23 AM

So instead of boring, old white guy, Romney picked boring, young white guy.

He knew he's losing badly so he had to go bold, and by doing it he might end up losing the Repubs the House, with his doubling down on tax cuts for the rich and ******* over everyone else with the Ryan Plan now center stage.

A good move would've been Rubio, who actually has a personality, and can possibility help capture a few hispanic votes.
7/29/2015 4:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.